[Compilation] The Lore of the Triglavian Collective

I actually just wrote a section for that! I’ll post it here as well, I’ve appended it to the main post:

Chronicles

There has only been one namedrop instance for the Triglavians in any chronicles thus far, in Sine Wave Omega, when one character suggests the involvement of them or the Drifters in the main event of the story and the possibility is disproven by another. However, there are more subtle teases and information in this and other chronicles that likely tie into the the Triglavian story as a whole, revealing certain facts about their actions.

Sine Wave Omega
Beyond the dismissive namedrop above, current knowledge of the Collective’s activities make another part of the chronicle stand out - namely, the rescue-kidnapping of Sister Taya Akira planetside in Yulai by a Rogue Drone, interrupting her attempted assassination by “Sjakhuni”, who appears as a pivotal character in both Sine Wave chronicles, and seems to also be referenced in the other chronicle I’ll cover here.

Triglavian involvement with rogue Drones seems very suspicions when combined with this info, especially given that the chronicle itself was released during Fanfest this year, where the Triglavians themselves were first revealed. What they want with Sister Akira, however, has yet to be made clear.

Mithra’s Gate
This chronicle was sneakily published alongside the first release of the Sariel’s Flames SKIN for the Dramiel, appearing as a PDF link to those who purchased it. In the story, a pirate crew is led to Mithra’s Gate, a comet in Amarr space that is, in fact, an ancient infomorph transfer facility. It is revealed through an interrogation that the crew discovered Third Empire Jove tech ontop of far older substructure that was presumed to be Second Empire in origin.

The core of the complex is the most interesting part: a hexagonal room with three walls of coffin capsules, two entrances, and one wall comprised entirely of a triplex clone fabricator. In the center of the room, they discover an untouched biotech-based QE4He engine (Quantum-entangled Helium-4 is what PLEX contains, allowing us to maintain Omega clones) with tripled outputs. The man being interrogated believes the entire facility to have been a transfer station, moving personalities around using nanoadapted biotech to implant QE4He.

(Tinfoil section) I’ve touched on this lightly in a post I made comparing the Triglavians to the Enheduanni, but I’ll go in-depth here; this chronicle seems to describe a Second-Empire Jove facility that operates with stunning comparability to main aspects of the Triglavians - the number 3, tripled outputs, three walls of coffins, and nanoadapted biotech - right on the line for mutaplasmids. Connecting the Triglavians to the Second Empire also builds a strong comparison between them and the Enheduanni, who coincidentially disappeared from New Eden following the collapse of the Second Jove Empire and continued operating in the shadows, attempting to guide New Eden’s inhabitants towards what they considered an ideal civilization. Their telltale sign, according to Grious in the Theodicy short story, is “nonlinear teleportation” - if one were to dip into the abyss to travel between points in k-spae, what might one compare that to?

The fact that the Enheduanni’s ideal culture was the Minmatar - independent tribes who cooperate for the good of their race when necessary - is one of the most important points in Theodicy as well, revealing a strong parallel to the Triglavian culture’s Clades, which operate in the exact same manner.

I strongly recommend you read Sine Wave Alpha, Sine Wave Omega, Mithra’s Gate, Theodicy, and Templar One in order to glimpse into this yourself and puzzle out the mystery of this new (or perhaps very old) faction.

2 Likes