Connection lost - Virgin Media UK - Please see official CCP response

+1 here.

1 Like

Also having the same problem on Virgin Media in the UK.

The issue happened I think mid last year over a period of about a month, usually at 1am. CCP blamed Virgin and Virgin Technical Support hadn’t a clue how to reroute a connection path (which is what CCP recommend you ask your ISP to do). In the end the problem sorted itself out.

If it wasn’t bad enough paying for a monthly subscription to EVE and not being able to play the game properly, Virgin was nice enough to increase everyone’s bills last month, in exchange for an apparently degraded service quality.

Taking the P comes to mind.

Not that more confirmations need but

Same problems here, UK Virgin Media

Pretty much unplayable at the moment

Just commented on a separate thread but same issue here, over fifteen disconnects in a four hour period yesterday evening. Virgin Media connection too, connection stable across the rest of the house so as someone said it appears to be a conflict with Eve?

Oh.

Virgin Media here as well.

But no issues with my work laptop connection or discord, it’s only Eve getting dropped and sometimes 3/4 accounts and one stays connected.

VM Thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Eve-Online-Connection-Issues/m-p/4951509#M72798

I guess with more posting on both, we might actually get some support.

1 Like

Same issue here. Virgin Media, UK.
Only EVE affected.

Be nice if CCP could at least acknowledge they are looking into it…its not like we pay for a service or anything crazy like that…oh wait, we do…

But your no guaranteed that service

same here in Perth Western Aus. lots of DC.

1 Like

So far so good this morning… no DC’s in 40 minutes since 10am UK time. Let’s see if it holds up.
By the way that Virgin Media thread was a resolved one about a different issue that has just been hijacked so if the issue continues you may want to make a new thread on there specific to this Eve issue.

1 Like

It seems to be since 2am on Thursday morning an issue with VM in the UK. I dont think CCP did anything its just how its client is routed on the VM network. I think we need to learn to live with this until VM update their routing, and personally I dont believe they will. So CCP should just exclude VM customers as not supported for there game.

Impossible to say at this point whether the issue is a CCP one or a VM one. Are you still having regular DC’s in the last hour Lacrimosa?

Interestingly, not suffering from the same disconnection issue on the Singularity test server. I’ve been logged in for over half an hour without issue… so far at least.

I’ve had a pretty solid morning, only one disconnection and have since connected to my vpn and no disconnections since, approx 2 hours now

Promising. I’ve been on live almost an hour with no DC… couldn’t go 5 minutes without one last night. Perhaps CCP or VM resolved it… time will tell I guess.

Noted and created. Cheers

And also I’ve had the game drop once in the last 2 hours. Which is still no good if I want to get stuck into anything combat related.

Lost connection twice in the last 5 minutes. I’s going well today :rofl: :cry:

Same here. It’s getting a bit frustrating at this point. I’ve sent a bug report, but unlikely to hear anything back.

On for 2 hours since downtime and then just got 2 DC’s within minutes of each other, so seems the issue is still here