[delete]

(Ulrick Vondam) #1

delete

(Makshima Shogo) #2

if your scared of red safety and weapons timer go back to high sec.

(Tipa Riot) #3

How does giving a weapons timer has an influence on the usage of jump destroyers? I’m in fleets regularly with heavy usage of this tools, and I can’t remember a single situation where this makes a difference. The jump drive is used to move something away from a gate or station and hold it until tackle and rest of fleet arrives. Having boosters to not forget decycling is much more annoying.

Also the jump destroyers are usually the tankiest ships in fleet (destroyer down).

(Tipa Riot) #5

Why? If you use it near gates and stations you are 100km away after action. How do you dock/jump from 100km distance? Also you either have your fleet with you or you have to tackle the target anyway and stay on grid.

(Ulrick Vondam) #6

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(mkint) #7

I’m sorry, but the collection of voices in 1 person’s head doesn’t count as a community. It still “I (me) ask why?”

(Tipa Riot) #8

Fit a better tank, broadcast for reps (have your logi in reach) … what you describe sounds to me a very niche situation. As said with hundreds of jumps made in fleets, I never seen a situation where the jump destroyer had (or was able) to chicken out like you describe. This is not a solo tool against fleets.

(Ulrick Vondam) #9

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(Tipa Riot) #10

No, because nobody cares.

(mkint) #11

Also, didn’t you open an identical thread that got ignored elsewhere on the forums? I think making 2 threads about the same issue is against forum rules.

ib4l

(Brisc Rubal) #12

Generally speaking, when you see no official patch notes about a change, that often means that it was designed to fix an exploit and CCP doesn’t want to call attention to it.

As someone who spends a considerable amount of time in MJD capable ships, this will not be a dramatic change for most uses of the module. It will require a bit more strategic thinking when using it to get away from a fight (can’t just warp to a gate and jump anymore), but other than that things should basically be the same.

(Ulrick Vondam) #14

(Ulrick Vondam) #15

(Brisc Rubal) #16

I can’t go into any more detail than what I’ve already said.

There are a large number of applications for the MJD, and one of the primary ones is battleships/battlecruisers using it to get out of gate camps/bubbles. Yes, you may be in scram range and if you get hit with the scram you’re screwed, but I’ve used it plenty of times in BNIs solo to get away from fights I can’t win. But you can’t just warp out to a gate and jump anymore, so it requires a bit more thinking.

So far in my usage, I haven’t seen any meaningful changes, but that’s not to say your experience may be different.

Generally because if they did, that would be a death sentence for most dictors. I’ve gone back and forth in my head about whether that should be changed, though. Usually depending on whether I’m flying one or not. :slight_smile:

(Ulrick Vondam) #17

(Brisc Rubal) #18

It’s the easiest solution to the problem, as I understand it.

(Ulrick Vondam) #19

(Sepheir Sepheron) #20

Wah I can’t attempt to move someone off gate in complete safety :disappointed_relieved:

(Brisc Rubal) #21

I can ask, but I get the feeling if there was something easier they would have done that instead.