Devblog: War, War Sometimes Changes

Actually that is a very good point.

So, one gets on a PvP alt, shoots said miner, then logs off. Then hops on an out of corp, non wardec alt miner and freely mine the belt using an ACL system?
Where is the retaliation window?

I’m not against high security space corporations taking part in PvP, I’m against high security space corporations owning a drilling platform and expecting to be able to claim ownership over the resulting belts like its different to one spawned by an asteroid.

If they want to PvP people for nicking rocks in space go to low or 0.0, don’t whine to the dev’s about a mechanic they’re lucky to have gotten to start with.

1 Like

Right??? Wardecs are so much more enjoyable when you can bot in a super to pay for the costs. /s

Drac you’ve ignored my point before that Pirat is self-sustaining through contracts. The srp, the war costs, and all that come from contracts. No need to bot you silly person.

Sitting on that fat undefended structure that you can wardec whenever you want to wardec it?
But go on, tell me again how they are risking nothing.

It is a different one, a moon belt is spawned by the corp setting up a moon drill and spending isk to keep it fueled for several weeks while the belt gets there. It is literally created by the player/corp.
A normal asteroid belt simply appears at down time with no player action required.
Seriously, they are different. Trying to act as if they aren’t is downright stupid.

Morning all,

Thanks for all the passionate discussion on the subjects here, I wanted to just make a correction to some of the responses I was making yesterday as I was misinformed.

To clarify for the questions on suspect baiting, after the april release, (and completely separate from the criminal flagging for repping war targets), providing remote assistance to a player in high sec who is currently in a limited engagement will be a criminal offence, regardless of their war status.

This contradicts what I was saying yesterday, really sorry for the confusion caused by this, I’ll add some edits to my posts above so as not to cause more confusion for others joining the thread late.

5 Likes

I have been taught to think out side the box i see problems with the logi system that is being looked at .
The remote assistance changes are huge and easily abused against mining fleets especially against high sec orca & porpoise pilots or am i missing some thing as i only waded through 300 - 400 posts .
After proposed changes while in high-sec in an orca or porpoise with my safety set green would any of the following be a problem .
1 im boosting a mixed bag of miners in a belt 1 pilot is at war with some one and is attacked while being shield and mining boosted by me would i become a war target or possibly concorded .
2 while boosting a fleet if someone in fleet excepts a duel while being boosted would i be a target or would it drop entitle ment for boost before a duel started .
3 bait killing a booster some one sitting in a boosted fleet desides to set off a smart-bomb or attacks some one as this person is receving boosts will this effect the player boosting in eney way .

Whilst what you say may be largely true, it does seem a surefire way to end up disenfranchising a lot of NA-TZ and EU-TZ from being able to determine the outcome of their ‘own’ wars.

Last I checked veldspar and scordite look the same pretty much everywhere.

1 Like

Has anyone contacted the NZ government and requested they change their local time?

As moving our sun has… complications, that seems like the easyest fix.

1 Like

You’re right, its easier to just move the island.

These look like good changes, but like others I have questions about the location of the War HQ. I’d like to see them be limited to a high-sec region that the defender has a structure in. Older high sec pilots who grinded missions to put down POSs are often limited to half of space.

Alternatively, you could just remove the KOS effects from negative Faction Standings. Or create an item similar to the tags to rep security status, for faction standings. Or give me an infinite coffee pot so I make more sense at this hour of the morning.

Perhaps, if all the kiwis picked up a oar, and started rowing north we wouldn’t have this issue.

Just selfish… tsk tsk.

:joy:

Again, out of corp miners, risk nothing. What exactly are they risking?

Being on an ACL cost you nothing. Tie the ACL to Wardecs or forget it.

You are opening yourself up to a High Sec rental program unless this is specifically corp related.

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention. All the structures, expect maybe the War HQ, should be transferable to the enemy at anytime during the war.

Vasama

@CCP_Falcon Hi,
Will the checks to make command burst not apply to a target happen when the command burst goes off? And will the command burst buff be removed from a target who gets a pvp flag(or any other missing flag needed) if the burst source was not eligible to burst him?

Cheers,
Neug

This kind of idea is a good example of why it’s always important to consider the effect of “friendly enemies” when designing systems for a MMO. The same issues tie into the reason we can’t simply allow war allies to rep each other freely and why we can’t have fleet membership influence war aggression or give higher payouts for FW and bounty kills.

If we allowed corps to transfer structures to their war enemies, you could just war dec yourself from an alt corp (or friendly corp) and use that transfer function to bypass the normal restrictions on transferring structures while at war when a third party tries to attack you for real.

2 Likes

And here I thought you guys didn’t do much critical thinking around proposed changes. Seems you can think 3 steps ahead!

Joking aside, I think you guys are the right track. There are some issues though, but I’m sure you patch them after we abuse the ■■■■ out of them.

The checks will happen when the command burst goes off, and once a buff has been applied it will last for the whole duration. This means war participants in fleet with a neutral command ship will be able to get one round of bursts to apply before they begin an engagement and get their first capsuleer logoff timer, but any further rounds of bursts applied once fighting has begun will not provide them bonuses.

3 Likes

It’s the sandbox MMO circle of life! :grin:

3 Likes