This is a re-post from my similar article on the TEST forums. (Dreddit is recruiting!)
I have been working on updating EFT 2.35’s data files, since I prefer it to pyfa and Osmium has been decomissioned. To use, unzip EFT_Onslaught_181217.zip into EFT’s root directory (the one with EFT.exe) and overwrite all conflicts. You should have new copies of the files in the Data/ folder. Since I do not have EFT’s source code, the version number and about dialog displayed will be the same as version 2.35.
- Tactical Destroyers (but see Known Issues), Strategic Cruisers
- Orca, Rorqual, Mining Barges / Mining Crystals
- T1 Alpha Ships and T1 Battleships
- Assault Frigates
- Zealot, Claw, Machariel, Muninn, Ferox, and more
- Capital jump ranges
- Command Bursts (but see Known Issues)
- Rookie Ships to Corvettes
- Entosis modules, Warp Disruption Field Generators, XL and Small Artillery, and more
- Sunesis, Praxis
- Defender Launchers
- Asklepian and Eros Stasis Webifier Implants
- Phenomena Generators
- Zero-Point Mass Entangler
- Faction ships for Blood Raiders, Serpentis, Guristas, and CONCORD
- Triglavian ships and modules
- Porpoise, Monitor, and more
- Mining Laser Crystals, including Moon Mining Crystals, do not list all their skill requirements due to ore reprocessing skills are not included in EFT database
- Sensor Dampener Resistance and Tracking Disruption Resistance on T3Ds in Sharpshooter mode and ships affected by the Electronic Hardening Burst do not work properly
- Multiple identical bursts can be stacked on one ship. In EVE only the strongest burst will apply. You do not need to project bursts onto the original boosting ship, as their effects are automatically applied.
- Abyssal Mods and some new event modules are not yet included
- Drone Tuner implants do not work properly since EFT does not apply implant effects (even if coded in the data files) to drones
- Some Alliance Tournament ships are not available
Q: How do I simulate Command Bursts on a fitting?
A: Set up the boosting ship with the right scripts and character skills. Then open the Projected Effects pane on the bottom of the target ship fitting window. Drag and drop the desired burst module(s), one at a time, from the boosting ship to the target ship. The effect will be applied regardless of whether the boosting ship is set as the Fleet, Wing, or Squad commander (since these are no longer relevant for bursts). This method also works for the Phenomena Generators.
Q: Projected effects are not updating! / Adding bursts has no effect!
A: If the source ship that is projecting an effect is modified in any way, any affected projected effects must be removed and added again for the changes to take effect. EFT will freeze the state of a given projected module when it is dragged onto another ship, even if the fitting or skills on the old ship are changed. For example, if a Basilisk is using a Remote Shield Transporter on a target ship with bursts provided to the Basilisk by a Sleipnir, and the charge type used on the Sleipnir bursts is changed, both the burst and the Remote Shield Transporter must be removed and re-added to their respective targets!
This is an unofficial update effort - some problems may exist! If you believe that you have found a problem, please post the problematic fit, EFT screen shot, and in-game fitting tool screenshot describing exactly which attribute(s) are incorrect. Please note that small differences on the order of 1% can be expected due to rounding.