Eve Industry Planner - Industry Job Management Application - v0.7.0 - Corp Assets & New Job Setups

www.eveindustryplanner.com

Welcome!

A while back I thought I would start teaching myself some very basic web design and I managed to convert the simple spreadsheet that I used to build Tech 3 ships into a simple web page with interactive elements, buttons, and whatnot. I was quite proud of myself as you would be. But that got me thinking why can I not do this with all items in the game and just remove the need for a spreadsheet altogether.

So, I set about building and the idea developed further. I was wanting to create something that would allow you to track a job all the way from the idea right through to the sale of that items. This had to be easy for newer players to be able to pick up and use easily but have enough detail that experienced players would still find it useful.

So here we are, with the initial release of this project to the community. This is still very much in its early days and there are many more features that I would like to add from here.

So what can you do right now? The application breaks the building and selling of an item down into 5 stages. Planning, Purchasing, Building, Complete, Selling.

Using pricing information that you enter for your items and the information available on the ESI the application will calculate all the costs associated with your build. Once your item is on sale it will also track the orders and transactions to give you a full breakdown. Away from the game and wondered if your items have sold? Just log in and the application will tell you if you have had any new transactions.

So where is this heading?

• Item Pricing: Personally, I feel and from test driving the whole process myself in my day to day gameplay that this is one of the main things that need to be added to the project to really start to make this useful. I have begun scoping out how to add this and I have a vision in my head of how it will work within the application so it will come soon enough.

• MultiCharacter: This along with pricing will completely change how this application can be used. Currently, it has limitations as the data is only available for one character at a time. As many of you out there have multiple characters for building things and selling things in the galaxy. Having all of that information together in one place would open up so many more options and allow for some of my other ideas to be fully implemented.

• Reporting: We all love graphs and data to analyse, it is a powerful tool. Would you like to know how many industry jobs you have made, how many times you have built a certain item, or maybe how much did it cost you to build the previous time, or the past 5 or 6 times?

• Oh, there are many many other ideas for this that I have had while putting this together, have you ever had an ingredient and wanted to know what it is used in? Have you ever wanted to see a full breakdown of an item from the top right the way down to its base items? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Now that you know a little more about the idea and where it is going, give it a try. At this point getting as much feedback and ideas from folks are important in building this out further to create something even better.

So please give it a try, there is a working, limited, demo of the site that you can use without even logging in. If you want to talk about things further shoot me some messages, comment here, or even join the discord channel that is linked at the bottom of the site and get involved!

Are you a React developer in your spare time, I would love to have some feedback and talk about ways in which this can be improved from a development point of view?

1 Like

I’ve been testing out the tool and loving it so far, once you get multiple characters added it will be awesome!

I have one idea that I thought about while planning some things out. The ability to have a material stock pile would be excellent. I can put in how much materials I have purchased at what price (so I can buy in bulk), and then the system can automatically fill in the materials input section of each job with the press of a button…which then reduces the amount in the stockpile.

I am glad you have been finding it useful so far. If you run into any issues just let me know!

I like this idea, it would certainly help speed up entering the pricing information. I will have a look into how I would implement this.

In a coming release I am adding the ability to import item costs from another job, this should speed up entering costs when producing ingredients.

https://www.eveindustryplanner.com

New Features:
• Added the Required Skills panel to the Planning Stage.
• “Copy to Clipboard” button added to the Shopping List dialog.
• “Copy to Clipboard” added to the Raw Resources panel menu in the planning stage.
• Added “Select All” & “Merge” buttons to the Job Planner.
The merge option is only available when 2 or more matching items are selected. When jobs are merged, all of the data is removed, and a new job is created in their place. Use this with caution on existing jobs with data.
• Added Total Volume calculation to the Shopping List dialog and Raw Resources panel.
• Added character Settings page to the account menu.
• Added Tranquility server status and player count to the navigation menu.

Changes:
• Increased job card limit from 100 to 300 for logged-in users.
• Added item icons to the Shopping List dialog for tablets & desktop devices.
• Changed the job card button text from “Open” to “Edit”.
• Changed the icon to remove entries from “-“ to “X”, colour has also been changed to red.

Fixes:
• Market Order range only displaying Region and not Jumps.
• Database access no longer times out after 1hour.
• Fixed max of 1,000 blueprints being imported from the ESI.
• Added further missing items to the item search.
• Fixed layout issue with the Planning Stage causing oversized margins on some devices.
• General spelling and grammar errors.

So, it is a week since releasing this project to the public and I want to say once again thank you to those of you who have been using this and providing feedback and suggestions to improve the overall experience. This update brings a number of community suggestions with more in the pipeline for following releases.

Some fun stats from the last week:
Total Jobs Created: 599
Top 3 items created:
• Auto-Integrity Preservation Seal
• Life Support Backup Unit
• Reinforced Carbon Fiber

Make from that what you will.

Hello,

I’m currently trying your website which I find great for now. :slight_smile:

I got two ideas on additional functions for it :

• Having an invention step
  • Being able to setup your own structures and assign them to your jobs “on the go”, without necessity to assign correct size, rigs and system for each job

Omg just found your « add ingrediant job » option. This is amazing.

I hadn’t considered having it as a step within a T2/T3 job, would you add that before the planning or after between the pricing? My original idea was to have it as its own job card and you would import that cost in like you would do for other materials, that way it would work using the same set of code. I am open to other ideas though whatever way feels best for people.

Ooo default structures, yes I like that one. Expanding on that idea, would you like to have a single default for each job type that is automatically added when the job is created or would you like the option to add multiple setup combinations that could be named? You could then choose from the one you wanted to use from a dropdown on the planning page?

For the structures I’d prefer to have a dropdown menu with the structures I registered. That would be way faster to generate the correct shopping list.
If you do so, please let us put what kind of structure rigs we have in those structures. Cause we could use the same structure for different kind of manufacturing but some are with T2 rigs, and some with none.

It’s me again. I have another idea : being able to save “side lists” like projects.

Let’s say I’d like to build a very large ship, let’s say a Rhea, but I want to do it on a long time. It would be more convenient to be able to save it as a “side project” which will not pollute my ongoing production.

I get it, the planner does get quite messy too easily, I presume you would still want the Rhea job card to appear on the planner just none of the item tree cards?

It’s a wonderful tool, while I’m just learning it. I would like to have the following tools (maybe they already exist, I just did not find them):

1. List of my/corporate blueprints
  2. Select from this list for planning
  3. Planning the construction of the item, taking into account the available blueprints of the components
  4. Selecting a region (Jita rules) and automatic import of Buy/Sell prices
  5. Saved list of structures, what not to configure in each item
  6. The most important point - Automatic calculation of profit based on the available blueprints (for example, for the daily start of production) - what is more profitable to build here and now (Buy / Sell price of components → Buy / Sell price item)

Thank you for the feedback!

To put it simply, no you are not missing anything, these are currently not available.

Being able to interact with your blueprint library within the planner and search is currently scheduled for a coming release as this has been requested a number of times by others.

Market prices are currently being developed alongside the other features so will be appearing in a later release, this release will include the buy/sell prices for the items in each blueprint with their costs.

Working around the site, still need to get a better look at it overall but I’d like to have a couple of things that are missing, for example:

• Being able to toggle between Jita Sell/Jita Buy and a % of each cause especially when it comes to mass production you can have items bought on Jita split, a % of JSV or a % of JBV and not at 100% so that would come in handy.

• If the above takes place you can ignore this one but when I am mass applying prices on the inputs of a job it only takes one and it resets the rest so I had to put in one by one individually, this should change unless it’s either a glitch or maybe an error from my end. In which case you can ignore it.

• Adding a profit generator for each Job Card that can include some options like a % of the profit of the final input on that card and a total of ppl worked on it, both of these options should be optional and not required to be put into. Those can be used for calculating payments if the job was made by more than just one person in which case you can easily calculate how much you can pay each person for what they worked on. Especially for T2 production and above this one is handy due to component production and reactions.

• Something that was mentioned above is also Structures, rigs, cost indexes of the systems and Invention costs.

That’s what I got so far as a first idea. I also hope the planning cards don’t vanish from the planner page cause that’d be a bummer for long run planning/tracking. In that case a “save plan” or something similar would be a good addition so you can just add the whole plan in one click for future runs.

Thank you for the feedback and apologies for the delay in responding. I have been working away on the next update and I have managed to implement a lot of what has already been highlighted throughout the thread into this update for you all, this will be out “soon” I am just running through some final testing and the scripts to update your current data.

If there are any of you that are interested in getting involved with any testing for upcoming releases then please let me know!

" Being able to toggle between Jita Sell/Jita Buy and a % of each cause especially when it comes to mass production you can have items bought on Jita split, a % of JSV or a % of JBV and not at 100% so that would come in handy."

Were you thinking maybe like a 95th percentile figure?

“If the above takes place you can ignore this one but when I am mass applying prices on the inputs of a job it only takes one and it resets the rest so I had to put in one by one individually, this should change unless it’s either a glitch or maybe an error from my end. In which case you can ignore it.”

Yes currently you need to enter these one at a time, I can look into auto-filling these boxes with the price data but you would still need to manually save the fields if that is what you wanted to save into the job. Yes currently when you enter one of the boxes the other unsaved fields are cleared, i have done some further work on this to try and streamline this process but currently, you still need to do them individually.

I want to do some further work on this to allow users to enter costs for multiple jobs in the same way you can generate a shopping list for multiple jobs from the planner page, that way the individually boxes would only be needed if you are doing the single job or wanting to break the costs down into more detail.

V0.3.0 Release Info

New Features:

• Added item price information panel to the planning stage.
  • Blueprint library panel added to the planning stage that displays all matching item blueprints from your library.
  • Ability to create predefined structures from the settings page.
  • Parent & Child job functionality has been added. See below for more detailed information.
  • Transactions can now be manually added at the Sale stage from the kebab menu icon in the linked transactions panel.
  • New undiscovered bugs, probably

Changes:

• New jobs are automatically created with ME & TE entries matching the highest blueprint found in your library.
  • Shopping list no longer automatically includes intermediary items in your build chain. Toggle option to add these back in provided. See parent & Child functionality.
  • Copy To Clipboard button removed from the Shopping List dialogue for mobile devices.
  • Item quantity select menu replaced with a text field and validation added to prevent blank entries on the material cards at the Pricing stage.
  • Validation added to the Extras input panel on the Extras Stage.
  • Imported ESI Jobs will now display a BPO or BPC icon reflecting the blueprint used for the job.
  • Required skills panel moved to the bottom of the planning stage.
  • UI improvements for mobile devices.
  • Updated image URLs to use the newest image servers.

Fixes:

• Kebab menu icons on panels no longer cause panel titles to display off centre.
  • Tooltips repositioned to avoid overlap on mobile devices.
  • ESI Reaction Jobs now appear within the planner.
  • Helper text colour now displays when viewed in Dark Mode.
  • Application no longer crashes when trying to open a job where its ESI Market Order data is marked as complete but does not appear with the Historic Market Order ESI endpoint.
  • Rebuilt background functions that caused job cards to not appear, reappear after the job has been deleted or other instances where this was not in sync with the job data. Broken jobs have been removed. If you have any other job cards that still do not work drop me a dm on discord and I can correct them for you.

Parent & Child Job Functionality

This is the first step in building out the functionality to create “smart” (yea, that’s a fancy word for it I just came up with when writing this) production chains allowing for information to be referenced and passed between each other. Every job can now create one to many relationships with other jobs that include the item type.

Let’s use the image below as an example, a Thermonuclear Trigger Unit is included in the production of both the 280mm T2 Artillery & 720mm T2 Artillery that we are wanting to produce. So, this single job card will have 2 parent jobs, as shown in the top right-hand corner of the job card.

Now we are also wanting to produce the materials to build the Thermonuclear Trigger Unit, so we have created a child job for each of the materials, Fernite Carbide, Fullerides & Hypersynaptic Fibers, as you these are one too many relationships if you require you can link multiple jobs to each of the materials. The number in the top left of each card indicates how many child jobs are linked to that material.

There is no limit on the height or width of these production chains so the chains can be elaborate or as complex as you need them to be.

The application will automatically create these relationships for you when you create a job using the “Add Ingredient Jobs” or the + on the planner page. The “Add Ingredient Jobs” button already merged the material requirements and added the jobs for each, this will now also create the required links for each of the jobs.

Using the Merge Jobs option will combine the parent and child jobs of all of the jobs, this will effectively combine two or more production chains. When a parent job is merged and the material requirements are changed, child jobs are not be updated to reflect the new amounts, this needs to be done manually.

Deleting a job will remove the links to any parent or child jobs, effectively splitting the production chain.

The shopping list has also been updated to not display any materials that have parent & child jobs, it is assumed that you are building that material as part of the chain so you do not need to buy this, the toggle option titled “Include intermediary items” will add these items back in if you want to see them.

As this is the first step along the lines in creating projects and grouping multiple jobs together currently the only use for this that is added, is the ability to pass the build costs of items up the production chain to the materials parent jobs. This dramatically reduces the number of material costs that you need to enter, you still need to enter the costs for the base materials and PI ingredients.

Of course, if you have made it this far in reading then there is only one thing you are looking for:

Top 3 items created to date:

• Auto-Integrity Preservation Seal
  • Life Support Backup Unit
  • R.A.M.- Starship Tech

Top 3 Hulls created to date:

• Orca
  • Saber
  • Caracal
1 Like

–Update–

Background cloud functions have been added to keep item pricing data updated within the database.

This should decrease the time taken to download the pricing data when opening a job for the first time.

New Feature:

Toggle option added to create jobs using the updated recipes currently available on Singularity.

All price data is still based on Tranquility for the different recipes.

New Features:

• Multi character support added – more information below.
  • Option to bulk add material costs added to the job planner page.
  • Additional ESI Scope Added - esi-assets.read_assets.v1
  • T2 & T3 jobs now have a card for invention/blueprint costs which is included in the overall material cost for the job.
  • Default market order type and market location can now be set in the settings panel.
  • Blueprint library panel in the planning stage has added styling to indicate when a blueprint is currently being used in an industry job, if it is a blueprint copy it will also tell you if the copy is going to run out after the job is complete if it doesn’t run out, the number of runs it will have remaining is shown.
  • Material cards at the purchasing stage will now have the imported price data set as the default value in the entry field, market and order type are determined by the default values set in the settings panel, drop down options added to change the values on these fields.
  • Ability to include singularity data within the planner – already available on the live version before this release.
  • And of course, more fun bugs have been added.

Changes:

• Rebuilt login process, existing jobs price data is automatically imported at login rather than when opening the jobs.
  • Price data for new jobs are automatically imported as part of the job creation.
  • Redesigned the client and server side management of the pricing data. All importing and updating is now handled server side rather than client side.
  • Job card design has been tweaked to reduce the overall size of them on mobile/tablets devices.
  • Job cards now display relevant information for the stage they are at rather than run count & job count at every stage.
  • Pricing data displayed in the planning stage has been redesigned to make it clearer.
  • The building stage UI has been redesigned.
  • Slight tweaks to the settings and structure panels to improve mobile visibility.
  • Dropdown fields on mobiles/tablets will no longer trigger the keyboard to display when selected.
  • Job total for none logged in users has been increased to 20.
  • Signing in page elements are now centred on mobile devices.

Fixes:

• Jobs that were deleted while they were included in the multi selection are now removed from the multi selection.
  • Pricing data will no longer attempt to refresh during daily server downtime.
  • Market orders with missing journal information no longer cause the dashboard to error.
  • Fixed error that would cause new accounts to be created incorrectly preventing new users from logging in, affected accounts have been fixed.

With this release we have the first version of the multi character support, the implementation of this doesn’t change the way the whole planner operates. You will have one main account of your choice and any other characters you would like to attach can be added from the accounts page. The process of adding an additional account will cause a new tab to be opened temporarily, make sure your browser settings are setup to allow this.

By default, all additional accounts that are linked and held within your browser’s cached data, clearing this data will remove the accounts from your main account at the next login. As this is locally cached data, when you use a different web browser/device these accounts will need to be relinked.

An option has been added allowing you to save these additional accounts to your main user “in the cloud” allowing you to log in from any web browser/device and have these accounts automatically imported. As with the rest of the application, any linked accounts do not have any identifiable information saved with them.

Back when I released the first version of this application earlier this year, I identified 2 big milestones in its development to make this into an application that you could realistically use to manage your industry projects from start to finish rather than just as a reference for your multibuy lists, Item Price Data & Multi Character support. With this release, both are now live and has happened much faster than I was originally anticipating. This is certainly not the end of the development there is still so much more that I have planned for this application.

A few ideas that I have had or have been suggested so far:

• A full blueprint library
  • Invention calculations
  • Personal asset management
  • Dynamic production trees that include planetary interaction.
  • Item recipe finder
  • Corporation jobs/shared job planner
  • Companion app for mobile devices (now I am getting ahead of myself)

Anyway, as always to round off I usually throw some numbers at you so here goes:

Total jobs created to date:

Most popular ship searched from the upcoming singularity changes:

Revelation

Siege Green Updates Now live

V0.4.4
New Features:
Added an icon to display the material cost of child jobs from within the parent job. This should allow for quickly comparing the costs and determining weather it is cheaper to build the item or purchase.

Clicking manufacturing blueprints in the library panel will now set the jobs ME & TE values.
Added a panel to display material cost and installation costs at the Build stage.
Added a panel displaying the current market costs at the Sale stage.
Job cards at the Build stage now display the time remaining for the linked ESI job that finishes last.
Changes:
Redesigned Linked and Available Market Order panel to match the ESI jobs panel at the Build stage.
Link All option added to the available transactions panel.

V0.4.5
New Features:
Simple data from previously archived jobs is now displayed in the planning stage. More in depth data will be available at a later date.

Time calculation for jobs has now been added., existing jobs will display incorrectly until one of the job options is changed.

New Features:

• Blueprint Library & Job Archives – More information below
  • Item Watchlist – More information below
  • New child job creation process – explained below
  • Add Item Cost dialogue now displays the total cost of the confirmed prices
  • Select All button added for jobs at each step on the job planner
  • Copying Jobs from the ESI are now displayed on the Job Planner.

Changes:

• Job cards are now highlighted when selected with the multiselect on the job planner.
  • Step 1 tutorial to reflect changes to the child job creation process.
  • Backend changes to the item cost API to reduce the number of writes to the database when updating item costs.

Fixes:

• Bulk moving job cards forwards or backwards would fail to update if the job had not been opened during the session.
  • Item cost data was not refreshing when the refresh API data button was clicked.
  • Time remaining calculation is now displayed correctly for jobs that have not been opened during the session.
  • Text size changes consistently based on screen size. Further work is still needed here to optimize for specific devices.

Before I dive into the “cool” new features that we have lined up to talk about with this release I thought I would apologise for the somewhat sparse patch notes on what changes have been made this time around. I got a tad carried away with myself when working on the project and didn’t add things to my Trello board to remind me what I did, you may notice a few other slight changes here and there that I forgot about when writing this. Anyway, enough of my incompetence let’s dive in…

The Blueprint Library, is essentially exactly what it says on the tin, this is a library that will show you all the blueprints that your characters own. This comes with the ability to filter the results and find specific types of blueprints or individual items.

As well as being able to create new jobs on the planner from here, this is where the in-depth production history for each item is available.

For those of you who have logged in with their Eve Account you may have previously seen the panel that was added to the first stage showing your previously archived job data and the cost breakdown for each of these. See below:

With the new information available section all of this job data is added together and summarised to give you an overall idea of where you are at with these items. We all love data, right?

To reduce the amount of data that is used by the application all of this information is recalculated periodically throughout the day by the servers so jobs that have been archived may take a few hours to be reflected in the archived data. And of course, the figures shown in the screenshots are from the development server and should be taken with a pinch of salt!

I am sure there are some of you out there who would love to flex their industrial prowess, well now you can do.

The Item Watchlist has been added to your dashboard, so it will only be available for users who are logged in and can be used to keep track of items and their ingredients to determine whether it is more viable to buy the items or build the ingredients yourself.

The costs are highlighted using a simple traffic light system:

• Red – Costs more than the item sell price.
  • Orange – Costs less than the sell price but is not the cheapest option.
  • Green – This is the cheapest option available.

When expanded it will also give you information as to the build/buy costs for each of the ingredients to give you an even greater understanding of the calculated cost.

So how is all of this calculated? When you add a new item to the watchlist you are given the option to configure the job build to your liking, runs, job slots, blueprint data etc. From this, each of the ingredients are calculated using the best available blueprint in your collection and the default structure you have set up.

Currently, you are not able to make any changes to these ingredient jobs on creation and once the item has been added, no further changes can be made to it. Just remove it from the watchlist and re-add it.

You are able to add as many items to this as you would like, we may need to change that when one of you adds a daft amount and breaks the whole thing but I am curious to see what happens.

It still goes without saying though, you should always still do your own research and not take the information calculated as 100% accurate.

And finally, the new child job creation process.

Originally child jobs could be created using the + icons next to each of the ingredients in the Raw Resources panel, it served a purpose but I always felt it was a bit of an awkward place for this. Instead, I wanted users to be able to see if building the ingredient themselves was the cheaper option and allow them to make the decision from one page rather than bouncing between jobs.

So instead, if a user clicks on the I button next to each of the ingredients in the market costs panel it will build a temporary job, in the same way that it would build a standard job, and show the material costs for this and then highlight the cheapest option. If they then decide they want to go ahead and build the item then they can choose to save the temporary job to the planner.

For those users who know they want to build all the ingrediant jobs, rather than needing to go through the process of doing each job individually I have added an option in the menu in the Raw Resource panel to mass create these.

Anyway, that is enough from me for now, as always I thank you all for any and all feedback that you give and I look forward to hearing some more great ideas for things to add to the application in the future.

If you have any problems with the application or simply have a question then you can drop me a message here or grab me on discord https://discord.gg/KGSa8gh37z