EVE-O Preview v5.1.0 "Able Actor" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2021-05-08 ] + limited Linux support

Links provided in the 1st post work for me. Try to go here https://github.com/Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview/releases/tag/4.0.1 and download the stuff.

Just tried EVE-O Preview but it isn’t working for me - shows only black screen in the preview window.(( Tried both, Fixed Window and Window mode. Any tips or suggests? Thx

Just dropping in to say thanks tons for making this. I’ll see if I can stalk well enough to send you some isk
if you were nearby I’d offer a beer instead.

If you run Windows 7 then you have to enable Aero

If you run Win 8+ in High Contrast mode then you’ll need to temporarily disable it (application detects it as ‘Aero Disabled’ and goes into the fallback mode)

Thanx :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! With Aero enabled everything started to work just fine. You created an incredible application! I especially love the option “Minimize inactive EVE clients” - I’ve got a twice FPS increase with it.

As the Blackout is coming in a few minutes, ut us the time for a new version to be released.

Version 5.0.0 is available.

What’s new:

• New mouse action to switch out to the last used non-EVE application. Hold Control + Shift keys and click any thumbnail to switch out from EVE to a browser, text editor etc
  • Client Layouts now are stored and properly applied for maximized EVE client windows as well
  • Alternate thumbnail render (to be used with some Remote Desktop apps that doesn’t transfer thumbnail images)
  • Improved support for multi-display systems where each display has different DPI set
  • Improvements in the thumbnail opacity management (stability and performance)
3 Likes

thanks for keeping this updated. i went from cascading 1024x768 potatoe mode on 4 clients, to 6 clients all at 1920x1057 (windowed but maximized; with one client actually at quality optimization in eve’s graphics settings)
I really like your version with the “highlight active client” (since version 4 when i installed it)

The only problem i noticed, from an earlier version (w/o highlight; not one of yours - older), was switching between clients using thumbnails lagged a bit and sometimes didn’t actually switch…i considered going back to that old version of eve-O, but i’ve stuck around because highlighting is absolutely key in avoiding client vertigo.

i’m hoping 5.0 solves alot of the lag. =) edit: and it has! \o/

question is there a way to move the load screen (default for all my clients) from the upper left to say bottom left?

Thumbnail’s bouncing around? Does anyone have an issue where the tumbnails move around when switching clients and if you move the order of them several clients will still show where the old order was then bounce to where you had moved them?

I have tried tracking and not tracking client locations…

Great tool… Thanks for the effort.

Seems you have the ‘Unique layout for each EVE client’ option enabled. Try ti disable it (1st tab, last one option)

1 Like

Will do… Thanks

From your wording, I don’t know if I have experienced the same, but similarly, I have noticed in the old version, when I launch all of my accounts, some of the windows do not come up when i click the thumbnail. I have to (in Win10), hover over the icon in the taskbar to get all of the thumbnail previews to come up, right click on the offending window, click Move, then press any of the arrow keys which attaches the problem window to the cursor from off screen, then I can resize/maximize the window and the corresponding Eve-O thumbnails work as usual. I’m not sure if its from leaving Eve-O on throughout multiple client launches ( I don’t really turn off my computer), or what.

Hey, I have had multiple crash instances in the last 4 hours. Just downloaded the new version and had the same problem. Uninstalled all updates since last time it worked for me. emailed .json for the 4.1 vrs and will send the 5.0.

There should be also an error log file. I need to see it as well.

Thank you

Hi, what can it be, when i get this error?

Hey

Seems you need to install this update: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48

Hey,

I’ve come back to this tool after adding a few more accounts to my roster (more than I can sensibly tile across a single monitor), and wanted to display some of my clients as relatively large previews, and the others as barely there previews just big enough to show the name.

I’ve gone through the thread, and note that (EVE-O Preview v5.0.0 "Scourge" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2019-07-12 ]) you mention that the option to specify preview window size on a per client basis is an imminent feature. I dug up the pull request (https://github.com/Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview/pull/77) which seems to indicate feature completion, but I see no option in UI or in config file to effect this outcome. It is in the ‘to do’ section for the project tracker, but this indicates version 4.1, while we are currently on version 5.0.

A workaround was proposed (EVE-O Preview v5.0.0 "Scourge" (multi-client preview / switcher) [ 2019-07-12 ]) but this no longer works, because you cannot launch multiple instances of EOP anymore in 5.0.

What is the status of this feature?

Dead.

Could it be resurrected? :smiley: Or perhaps the workaround reenabled or better officially supported (i.e. allow multiple instances running from separate folders to control different sets of windows) ?

Hey there Phryn, first off, AWESOME program, huge fan! I recently noticed that when I use the “minimize inactive clients” function it no longer updates their preview windows, and instead shows the last static image from when they were open - I seem to remember that it used to show them “live” at a much slower framerate - is there something wrong with my program or is my memory mistaken? Thanks for all the help!