EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

Probably because Zorya is too fast for the drones to keep up.

Yes. This can happen with MWDing rats sometimes.

The Drifter cruiser event a couple years ago in the spring (Operation: Conscious Interruption, I think it was called?) it was the one where they introduced that cruiser. You had to tackle it with webs or else it would fly around at like 5000 mps and your drones couldn’t MWD fast enough to keep up with it and then orbit/shoot it. (and so if you didn’t web it, the drones would occasionally give up and you’d have to press “f” or engage again to get them to try again)

Any confirmed changes in Triglavian behavior or fleet/site composition following the latest patch? Specifically looking for information on anchoring frigates outside of conduits, wave aggressions, and behavior changes in regards to warp outs and returns.

Charon pilot here. Locking out chunks of space (currently next to Jita) just limits my ability to play since the ship has no ability to defend itself.

I can log in one of my alts and go do something else, but it’s frustrating. Remember folks, it’s supposed to be a game and hence fun…

1 Like

Your ship is under no actual threat from them

2 Likes

Sure it is, one point & one web and I’m going nowhere while they pew pew at the ship. Or do you mean something else?

1 Like

There arent Achoring Trigs on gates. The webs help you get into warp as it is, and they dont have the firepower to break your tank before their own webs put you in warp.

If you auto pilot or dont pause to recover from damage sustained then you could be at risk, but that would be pretty negligent.

2 Likes

Interesting behavior observed from recon Triglavians spotted in an Invasion perimeter system (idk, perhaps they got lost). Warped in at around 120km from a group of four and was completely ignored. Slowboated down to max targeting in my RS at 113km and locked all four up and was surprised to see that they didn’t care; remaining in their orbits around their fixed point in space. Since I lacked a weapon system reaching that far, I decided to experiment and slowly moved toward them while still locked. It was only at 100km did they then yellow box and aggressively move toward my ship to engage. Regular Invasion Trigs seem to want to agro me around 120km and target locking one, agroes the entire group no matter the range.

2 Likes

Indeed, if you get webbed by one of 'em that’s almost as good as having a web alt at the ready for your freighter, I’d imagine!

One of my newbie alts was hunting for rats in a destroyer yesterday by warping from belt to belt in HS and got ambushed by a squad of recon damaviks (2 regular, 1 renewing, 1 starving)… they didn’t neut out all the cap immediately, but before it could warp off, shields were down from 100% to 25% in less than 5 seconds, dayum!

I saw people in a newbie NPC corpchat later talking about having drones while mining now just so the trigs go for them first… not sure if that’s always true, but it’s an idea. RIP drones, tho… just ammo, now more than ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, the recon Triglavians definately have a hard on hate for drones; they readily switch targets to prioritize drones.

2 Likes

Another thing, the “penalties” in system include a REDUCTION in mining cycle time, so that should be an increase in yield over time, correct? Havent tested it myself.

They will even go after Salvage Drones instead of other targets.

yes, there’s a mining bonus in the perimeters, a stronger mining bonus in the adjacents, and the strongest mining bonus in the foothold system (where the world ark is/can be).

But I’m talking recons in non-invaded systems. I’ve seen the recons on d-scan in invaded system as well while hunting anoms/escalations last night, tho. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE!

I was also in a sansha incursion… VG system with trig invasion perimeter status. OVERLAP CONFIRMED (something I’d been wondering about since May/June).

2 Likes

I saw recon damaviks at a Customs office in high sec as well. The system wasn’t invaded. I didn’t stick around long enough to find out how much DPS they do. I watch the zkill live feed a little bit… or a lot. People are getting killed in non invaded systems on a regular basis now.

1 Like

Yup. And most people wouldn’t even know what killed them, as these ships do NOT show up on your overview by default.

invading%20precursor%20entities

Now that is a nasty troll by CCP!
:explodyparrot:

2 Likes

Can confirm this behavior. was sitting about 100 km from a c.office cloaked scanning planets when they warped in being nosey. system wasn’t invaded or anywhere near any invasion system.

was getting a daily for an alt when i warped into a belt to find ghosts and tangeling reds waiting for me. also not an invasion system with none near it. interesting interactions.

1 Like

They’re turning up just anywhere - I was killing npc’s, for the Spree, in an HS asteroid belt last night (no trig invasion happening). I made the mistake of targeting one, lasted about .00001 seconds after that :slight_smile: Fortunately they’re not hitting capsules.

1 Like

I landed on a stargate today in high sec, not an invaded system. I saw at least 8 ships camping the gate. Didn’t see all the names or ship sizes, but there were damaviks. This is not recon, this is guerrilla warfare. There’s no risk/reward here CCP. I don’t earn isk by jumping through stargates, it shouldn’t be a risk of guerrilla NPC’s waiting to blap my ship. Also, there’s no rhyme or reason behind the behavior. I have no player agency here. I don’t get to choose the content…

This is not a content update. It’s a content blocking update.

1 Like

At last there is an incentive to start learning about directional scanning early on in your pilot’s Eve career, thanks to the trig scouts. Once you get that going the scouts are much less of an issue and you learn important flying skills for use in genuinely dangerous parts of New Eden.

The only dubious aspect is the killing of rookie ventures on their first mining trips in systems a few jumps away from starter systems, in a matter of a few seconds and often without even seeing them on the Overview. That could be far worse for new player retention than putting a bounty on a fresh player on day one.

1 Like

Nobody mine in hi-sec while paying 100% attention on game, but where is big difference between 24h afk mining and mining while you do some other things (like eating, watching twitch etc). Expecting people to stare on dscan for hours while mining veldspar in hi-sec is not very clever to say the least.

If Triglavian Recons suppose to combat afk mining and not to shut down hi-sec mining completely, they need to give players more time to react, imho. Increase locking time considerably, especially when targeting small ships (venture in particular). Decrease initial dps while slowly ramping it up over time to much bigger values, to kill really tanky ships if they fail to react in say 10-20-30 minutes. Make them cruiser/battlecruiser size to better represent their danger level. Allow them to jump to mining anomalies, like rare ore deposits and ice belts (places, where actual afk mining happens most of the time). May be tie their strength/numbers to security value (if this is not a case already). Increase intervals between jumps, so there will be more time to mine in peace. Do not respawn new group immediately after they get killed.
And add them to default overview, ofc.

I like general idea, it just need to be better implemented.

1 Like

The Triglavian AI appears to continue to evolve (or CCP are tweaking certain numbers). What once was SOP in their behavior, now has different possible responses. The most dangerous new tactic I’ve come across (if using drones), is one they use when you send drones against anything orbiting at 15km or more. Where before you could hold agro or observe when they switched to your drones, the Trigs have become “clever”. The targeted Trig ship will begin a slow fade (increase in orbit range), while still ignoring your drones. Once they tack on another 5-10 km or more in range, they will then aggressively switch targets and focus on your drones. If you have left a tangling frig or 2 still up, you are guaranteed on losing a drone or 2…which hurts if it is a Gecko. My ROE now has moved tangling Trigs to the top of the targeting priority list to reduce this occurrence, but when there is 2 or more additional waves and the OI becomes crowded, it is easy to miss one or two newcomers.

2 Likes