EVE Planetary Planner

EVE Planetary Planner is a small tool I created to have a quick and easy overview of Planetary Interaction in EVE Online.

Planetary interaction is not very complicated by itself.
But it still easy to get lost along the production line, and make mistakes that could cost you, or your corp, millions or billions of ISKs.

The tool can display the complete production line for any product that can be made from Planetary Interaction.
It also display information about the time needed to produce each component needed for the final product.

Now this tool is still under development.
I am adding feature as fast as I can think of them, and implement them.
It is also possible that there are still a few bugs that I missed in all my testing.

I will update the News section when I do modifications to the tool.
So be sure to check it from time to time.

If you find any bugs, or inconsistencies in the data, please leave a message in this topic.
I will come read it often and try to fix the bugs as soon as possible.

Please note that this tool is still under heavy development.
I have LOT of ideas for it that I will implement as soon as I can.

Also, Planetary Interaction is still under development by CCP.
It is subject to changes in the future.
But I will adapt the tool when such change occur.

You can get the tool here.

The old topic

16 Likes

I found the issue with loading/expanding some planets.

First there was a typo in the way I handle High-Tech Facilities.
It is actually High**-**Tech with a dash… :unamused:
So that is fixed.

Second, there is an issue with ordering the structures in the case of planets that are only transforming products, not producing them (no extractors).
This one is a bit harder to fix because of what I am trying to achieve visually.
I am working on it and I hope to have it fixed tomorrow.

1 Like

Version 8.0.0.21 is available

• Fixed typo in High-Tech production plant
  • Fixed showing planets without extractors
  • Add try/catch for potential exception
1 Like

It looks useful, but I’d be really interested in a native Mac OS X version. Do you have any plans to produce this?

I, and I suspect other Mac OS X pilots too, would probably be prepared to pay something for a tool that worked well if it was available.

Some time ago, Franz Kramer was kind enough to write a tutorial on how to make the tool work on Mac OS X, so you can always try that.
I have the tutorial available on my site: Mac OS X tutorial

2 Likes

You may be confusing some people who interpret Alpha to mean that you’ve discovered a way for Alpha clones to export PI.

Given that you are offering your tool to the general public you can upgrade the description to a Beta release!

lol
That’s true.
I meant Alpha because not all features are completed.
Whereas for me Beta is feature complete, but with bugs and optimizations to do.
Still I will change it, as it is true that now it is more stable than an Alpha.
Thank you for pointing this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just downloaded the latest version of this tool and have a few questions.

1. I entered API keys for two characters that are running PI and it appears that the API key is not saved between sessions? When I shut down the program and then come back the next day, the API keys are gone.

2. The About button does not appear to work.

Looking forward to this tool and it’s capabilities as running PI with spreadsheets sucks.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
This is a beta version and some features are not available yet.
There are also a few bugs that I am still working on.

1 Like

I have a new version coming out probably this weekend.
I made some improvements to calculating cost/profit.
I’ll try to get it out by Sunday.

1 Like

I uploaded a new version of the redesign.
I have improved the way profit is calculated when you decide to produce/buy parts of the production chain.
Now when you select ‘Buy’, anything behind it will be hidden from the tree to make it clear that you are not buying that.
And in the Product Data window, the change on the Average Profit is immediately updated. (You need to fetch the region prices first by configuring the Prices settings Tools tab)
Check below the screenshot for the differences.

2 Likes

That UI …

What about it?
You like or you hate ?

1 Like

This looks really great. Makes me want to try pi

Hah, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does look good, but I’d really love to see a Mac OS X native version (rather than having to install a Windoze emulator to run it). Is there a chance this might happen in the future at all? Please?

Good Good, i will try out

I remember using the original way back when. I downloaded and updated the latest version. Upon launch I get his error:

Failed SetStartPosition Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(Object value)
at EVEPlanetaryPlanner.MainWindow.SetStartingPosition()

Any ideas what the cause is?

Oh dear god, stop whining! Why should there be anything native OSX related, when even the gameclient simply runs in wine? Check it please and then first convince CCP do do something OSX native, before you bother some indie developer, that does a free tool for YOU!

I have a mac myself and couldn’t care less, if it runs in wine or not…

To OP: Great tool, love it! Keep the good work going!

4 Likes

I cant get this to run. It crashes on startup. The error I get when debugging it is this:

“An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException’ occurred in mscorlib.dll
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.”