I do Project Discovery ingame. I personally don’t believe you should be able to do it in the app, although I think you should be able to see what level you’ve reached ingame.
The app is good. It’s really a character status report, you can’t and shouldn’t be able to play Eve from it, or make isk. The only thing you can really do is shuffle skills and do plex and skill injectors but those are mainly about character management, not gameplay.
I prefer to use Neocom II though, because it has some things Portal doesn’t, so as daily Eve player it is more useful/more complete. However if CCP added the following, most of which Neocom has, it would be my go to app as obviously it’s the official one:
• Database search (any object) - to bring up info/requirements etc
• My contracts (view statuses, not create/update/delete)
• My market orders (view statuses, not create/update/delete)
• Fitting Editor/Fitting builder
• PI status would be good
• Project Discovery Level/Progress
• The ability to switch jump clones (in current station, not to jump clone to another location).
I’d say the above is broadly in line with Portal’s current style. I add the last one because the number of times I’ve forgotten to get into my training clone (and realise once I’m safely tucked up in bed) and if you could switch that remotely that would be super useful. I think a fitting editor would be useful to theorycraft while you’re not ingame, it’s not really ‘playing’ it’s more an admin task ingame so making it available out of game works I think.
I agree, CCP could do better BUT it’s all about dev resource. I’m sure we’d all prefer the focus to be on the game itself, over the app.