EVEMon 4.0.20 - ESI Edition

Thanks for continuing the project! Much appreciated.

I seem to be having a problem with EVEMon constantly sending Notifications about finishing a lot of skills. Do I need to somehow acknowledge these notifications? I keep clicking on them to hide them and then open the Notification menu and click Clear All. But they keep re-appearing :thinking:.

https://i.imgur.com/mmBwA8G.png

For another account, when you go into the login web page, hit ā€œcancelā€ then you can log in with another account and pick other characters.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the big flaw in using this procedure. Should not need to create a developer key to use an application.

PYFA and jeveassets work fine with just sso logins.

Make sure you format the call-back exactly, I cut and pasted it to make sure.

Here is a post from another thread:

[The, hoped for, Future of EVEMon]

Get the following XML error

error ā€œinvalid_scopeā€
error_description ā€œThe requested scopes either donā€™t exist, or are not valid for this clientā€

this is the url:

https://login.eveonline.com/oauth/authorize/?response_type=code&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A4916%2Fcallback&client_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&scope=esi-wallet.read_character_wallet.v1 esi-calendar.read_calendar_events.v1 esi-location.read_location.v1 esi-location.read_ship_type.v1 esi-mail.read_mail.v1 esi-skills.read_skills.v1 esi-skills.read_skillqueue.v1 esi-clones.read_clones.v1 esi-characters.read_contacts.v1 esi-universe.read_structures.v1 esi-killmails.read_killmails.v1 esi-assets.read_assets.v1 esi-planets.manage_planets.v1 esi-markets.structure_markets.v1 esi-corporations.read_structures.v1 esi-characters.read_loyalty.v1 esi-characters.read_medals.v1 esi-characters.read_standings.v1 esi-characters.read_agents_research.v1 esi-industry.read_character_jobs.v1 esi-markets.read_character_orders.v1 esi-characters.read_blueprints.v1 esi-characters.read_corporation_roles.v1 esi-contracts.read_character_contracts.v1 esi-clones.read_implants.v1 esi-characters.read_fatigue.v1 esi-killmails.read_corporation_killmails.v1 esi-wallet.read_corporation_wallets.v1 esi-characters.read_notifications.v1 esi-corporations.read_divisions.v1 esi-corporations.read_contacts.v1 esi-assets.read_corporation_assets.v1 esi-corporations.read_blueprints.v1 esi-contracts.read_corporation_contracts.v1 esi-corporations.read_standings.v1 esi-industry.read_corporation_jobs.v1 esi-markets.read_corporation_orders.v1 esi-corporations.read_medals.v1 esi-alliances.read_contacts.v1 esi-characters.read_fw_stats.v1 esi-corporations.read_fw_stats.v1 esi-corporations.read_outposts.v1&state=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ayyyyyyyyy, thank you for converting it to esi. now i can use it again :^)

Use Evanova

Apart from SDE, AFAIK ESI uses caching. It should be possible to cache that info locally in client and not call so often.

@Peter_Han Really good job, thank you for saving me the effort of having to build a tool.

Just out of curiosity what gets shared on the cloud servers, such as Onedrive?

Not a clue what Iā€™m doing wrong, Iā€™ve tried, retried, and re-retried. Iā€™ve done everything exactly as outlined.

• Paid account (tried it on 2 different accounts, both paid)
  • Full setting reset done
  • developer app registered (Iā€™ve tried ESI* as well as just everything)
  • Iā€™ve done layer 3 testing to make sure it isnā€™t a connectivity issue
  • EveMon says the Access Token is present, correctly pulls character names and portraits

Just the same, I get the following on any and every pilot I try to update:

EVEMon 4.0.0.4733

API Error:
An error occurred while querying the skill queue.
HTTP error: A request to esi.tech.ccp.is failed with status: TrustFailure.

I know trust is risky in Eve, but just the sameā€¦ :wink:

Getting this error every day or so with this version of EVEMON:

EVEMon 4.0.0.4737

API Error:
An error occurred while querying the server status.
CCP Error: This software has exceeded the error limit for ESI. If you are a user, please contact the maintainer of this software. If you are a developer/maintainer, please make a greater effort in the future to receive valid responses. For tips on how, come have a chat with us in #esi on tweetfleet slack. If youā€™re not on tweetfleet slack yet, you can get an invite here -> https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/tweetfleet-slack-invites/

Settings are located in %appdata%\evemon, wipe out the folder.

Did you uninstall the old version first? Remove and reinstall, delete the install folder may help also.

I didnā€™t have any issues with the character imports or installation. I had my old EVEMon uninstalled beforehand, though.

EVEMon 4.0.0.4737

API Error:
An error occurred while querying station information.
CCP Error: Station not found

This text should not be seen.

EVEMon 4.0 seems to have issues with alpha character training. I have completed a Target Management III 5 timesand Signature Analysis III 2 by now, and EVEMon tells me I have completed 7 skills.

I could kiss you. Didnā€™t even think to look there because I use the cloud storage feature for my settings.

huh, tried it again just now with the http-uri and it works like a charmā€¦ so, thanks for the help, I guessā€¦ :smile:

@Peter_Han Thank you so much for taking on the responsibility for migrating one of the most important 3rd party app to ESI. I am a developer myself and know from experience how much work that is.

If I may I want give some feedback: I think it was not the best idea to force every end user to get a dev account and create a new application in order to use ESI:

• Its not user-friendy: Its a long and complex process that creates a significant hurdle for end users which are not tech experts.
  • Its unnecessary: There are many valid approaches for using Oauth with a ā€œnative clientā€. None of them require the end-user to create their own Oauth app. See here for an overview of standard solutions on an older Oauth 2 wikiā€¦
  • Its not standard : This is not how Oauth 2 is supposed to be implemented
  • It requests way too much access: You are requesting all esi-scopes, which gives your app also write access to a character. This is unnecessary and a potential security concern.
  • Other 3rd party apps donā€™t use that approach: e.g. the newest pyfa version 2 uses ESI , without required the end user to create an Oauth app for it.

I hope you can reconsider your current design and change it to a more user-friendly approach in a future release.

1 Like

Where does it request write access? In the permissions list I only see read requests.

1 Like

Congratz for making a release with ESI !

Quick note: you need to allow people not to do a application in developers.eveonline.com because you forgot one big and very important detail:

• alpha player CANNOT make one
  • every player that never paid (with credit card, maybe paypal) at least once for the subscription CANNOT make one

So even if it has not refresh tokens, you need to support implicit auth, else you remove one big part of player who wonā€™t ever be able to use it.