EVEMon 4.0.20 - ESI Edition

I have the same for Transport Ships III.

I wonder if I need to get rid of the ESI key and remake it whole? I tried deleting the key for my character from EveMon but that doesnā€™t work.

Thanks!
Isk donation incomingā€¦

apparently aftyer doing all the set-up of the developer key etc. and applying it to the app and clicking the ayth button, logging in etc. i get this error
{ā€œerrorā€:ā€œinvalid_scopeā€,ā€œerror_descriptionā€:ā€œThe requested scopes either donā€™t exist, or are not valid for this clientā€}

why is it showing up, everything is set-up as on the dev up tutorial. anyone got any answer for that?

how do i add multiple characters on different accounts to it if it only allows 1 client id/secret cause i added both characters from different accounts but it says error with the sso cause i assume its because i got the 2ed accounts client id in there as thats the last 1 i added

The client id does not have to be related to the characters/accounts you add in evemon. Just create one client id and use it for all your characters.

@Steve_Ronuken

Would you mind to elaborate?

I have been PLEXing my accounts since I started playing EVE, and I am deeply dissatisfied with the current situation.

it would seem that most eve 3rd party apps are giving my Norton AV a hard time, it reports a Heur.AdvMLC threat. Do you know what within the app is causing this threat to appear.

Alternate methods for authentication. Should help with distribution of Apps.

It is working for me, after I log into game with this account. After this the skill status moved to confirmed. It seems the skills via ESI are updated only after log into the account via the EVE Online client. Otherwise it is reported completed again and again.

It seems CCP wants to have EVE Online instead of Skillqueue Offline :wink:

Minor bug: on the skills page
On some Level 5 skills that are fully done there is a ā€œ65% doneā€ message under the skills.

Can you use another way to take ESI tokens without use developers.eve-online.com?

Nope. Thatā€™s why this app is crap.

Only for people who do not pay subscription and reinforce CCPā€™s notion that alphas are the future. For everyone else, EVEMon is a godsend.

Sorry, Iā€™m Omega. App is still crap. Being behind a paywall is the least of its problems. CCP wants people to sign up as developers, and risk being banned because ā€œsomethingā€ goes wrong, they best be handing out developer paychecks.

Thatā€™s the fault of CCP opting for a crappy API that is not suited for EVEā€™s realities, not the fault of the EVEMon developers. Personally, I hope something will go wrong with this and CCP will receive a whole lot of bad press and pressure from customers over to eventually force them to develop the API properly. For over a year people have been complaining about this issue and for just as long CCP ignores them and stalls properly fleshing out the API to work with non-web apps just as well as with web-apps. Besides, they canā€™t blanket ban the around 2000 people that use EVEMon for the many more thousands of accounts they use.

I should clarify, when i say the app is crap it is in regards to CCPā€™s api requirements, not the app devs themselves.

1 Like

Better and easy way for users is EVE SSO where you create MITM auth server for ESI intergration like in latest pyfa.

When will accurate pricing be available for assets?
Currently not showing any prices.

Version 4.0.5 has been released, with updated links in the original post. Users of version 4.0.1 or later will receive an automatic update prompt.
This release fixes more bugs and crashes; thanks to all in the community who reported bugs and contributed fixes for some of them. Key changes include much improved EVE Notification support, several major performance improvements, and full fetching of assets, contacts, contracts, and standings which require pagination support in ESI.
In addition, skill lists copied from EVE or other websites can now be pasted into the EVEMon Skill Planner using the new Clipboard Import button. This button may be hidden for users who have updated from a previous version; expand the toolbar or enlarge the skill planning window to see it.

2 Likes