Evernus [3.8 release] - the Ultimate Market Tool

Not sure what this error means.
Import prices from web causes CTD without error message.
Import all causes this error to appear.

Error

Can you share your main.log file?

Sent! Awesome support, just awesome.

Can you go to preferences->network, enable log esi replies, and replicate the issue? Then please send me you main.log file.

I am having the same issue when using the Updated Executable.

I am sorry if this is not the venue for this but it takes a very long time to update prices and sometime the program crashes during the update processā€¦is this normal for the the beta release or am i doing something wrong.

Also, When updating order prices, the program crashes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The citadel finder in Evernus is not finding a specific citadel. I am able to get all the orders in the structure from https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/#!/Market/get_markets_structures_structure_id with the right authorization and the structure id. Iā€™d like to use the Market Analysis/Importing tool with it, is there a way to enter a custom structure id?

EDIT: Thereā€™s https://esi.tech.ccp.is/latest/#!/Search/get_characters_character_id_search to find structure IDs given a character ID and the structure name. Can be used to make something user friendly to add structures by name instead of entering

Ok, time for some background info. The reason 3.0 is coming out in beta versions, and why itā€™s not yet fully stable, is linked to using two new features of a 3rd party framework - HTTP/2 and OAuth2. Unfortunately, both of which turned out to be buggy and lots of workarounds need to be in place until those bugs get ironed out.

HTTP/2 is required because, for reason unknown as always, ESI servers at some point stared throwing errors when issuing massive amounts of HTTP requests. So now weā€™re stuck in a situation where we either use buggy implementation, which Iā€™m trying to deal with somehow, or turn off HTTP/2 for now and make things go a lot slower. As you can imagine, Iā€™m not very happy about this :frowning:

Switching to another OAuth2 implementation solved some internal problems, but introduced new ones. Yet, this one seems to be doing ok for now.

Now, letā€™s talk about citadels. The reason some imports take a long time is because ESI doesnā€™t provide any information about available citadels, which also explains missing ones. Evernus uses Structure Hunters service to get all of these and must ask ESI for each one to get some info which are actually available. Access to unavailable citadel causes and ESI error (which is hidden in the application). At some point, someone decided to do rate limiting when someone causes errors, and didnā€™t really think about the citadel use case. So now weā€™re stuck at waiting 10min for the first import to finish.

I will try to stabilize things as much as possible, but for that I need feedback on what works and what doesnā€™t. Beta3 is on its way, and weā€™ll see how close weā€™re then.

Thanks for the updateā€¦I wont pretend to understand any thing you said but the take home message goes something likeā€¦

ā€œYou ainā€™t got no problem, Jules. Iā€™m on the mother****er. Go back in there, chill them ****s out and wait for the Wolf, who should be coming directly.ā€

Thanks for the great programā€¦

1 Like

One small suggestion: split arbitrage with its own tab and only download market price in arbitrage mode.

When you doing arbitrage, you dont need to download the whole price history, which is currently taking a lot of time to do.

New beta is out: https://bitbucket.org/krojew/evernus/downloads/evernus-3.0-beta3.zip

It (hopefully) fixed the latest bugs, and may be stable enough to come out of beta. Or not.

Ahh nothing my fault

Can you create a bug report with an example log file?

Sorry i made mistake, I wanted to do ā€œFile importā€ and i used ā€œImport Priceā€. I should go sleep. :smiley:

1 Like

is there a way to remove the unknown location locations from the asset list?

This means your assets are located in a structure which was not imported to Structure Hunters. You can add it manually there. Unlike the order list, you cannot change location for assets.

Would the structure be my wrecked ships?

Honestly - I donā€™t know. There were some issues with asset locations and ESI some time ago, and @Golden_Gnu was doing some work with that, but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s related.

There is two bugs with assets:

1. Assets in/on destroyed items are included (weapons etc. on destroyed ships and items in destroyed containers): https://github.com/ccpgames/esi-issues/issues/698
  2. Assets with locationID above 9000000000000000000: https://github.com/ccpgames/esi-issues/issues/684 (Iā€™m not sure if this have been fixed, yet. One of the devs messaged me about it and they will be/have been removed from the assets results, as theyā€™re destroyed items).

EDIT: The full list of known and unknown locations: Asset location_id quick reference

Yo loving this program
Few issues tho (using version 3.0)

BPCs are showing as BPOs and valued as such (I dont own 20bill in blueprints, more like 50m) - how do I delete them from assets list to give a correct total value ?
Skillbook values - Same as blueprints, gives a ā€œwrongā€ info on my wealth - how do I remove these ?

Edit: also would love a ā€œValue mined per dayā€ on the mining ledger to see how much each character I have mining is making :slight_smile: