Evernus [3.8 release] - the Ultimate Market Tool

Hello!

The same problem. Was banned for macro. I used only evernus margin tool on my acount. Also, never used any other programms on any of my account. I asked friends and they also was banned yesterday and also their trade accounts only. And the only reason we can see is margin tool.

Also, you can see this topic on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8qmv82/i_got_banned_for_macro_using/

Guys think that this ban because of new event and speed clicking on gates, but all of them wrote, that they was trading in Jita on their alt when it happened

2 Likes

Then I would suggest creating petitions and explaining what youā€™re doing. My guess is they changed their bot detection and itā€™s giving false positives.

1 Like

It is just my suggestion but maybe the reson is this (from original description):

The Margin Tool is a multipurpose tool aimed at quick market reconnaissance and price updating. Every time you export market logs from the game with the tool open, you will get detailed information about the profitability of trading given item. The tool also supports automatic copying of buy and sell price to the clipboard (modified to ensure being at the top).

Seems it kinda violation
Not just copying-pasting but also modifying the price

You arenā€™t automating input. Youā€™re merely getting it keyed up so that you can paste your input in quickly.

Thereā€™s still a player sending input to the game. The program doesnā€™t do it for you.

WoWā€¦ so I got banned for checking prices for items with evernus?
This is so stupid but what can we do now will they permanent keep us banned for thatā€¦ Some of us already got a response from CCP Peli and he just copy pasted the EULA nothing moreā€¦ what can we do now?

Ive not even used evermus but my trade alt got the same banā€¦Basically if you traded yesterday you got banned.

And yea I am that guyā€¦ I thought it was because I speed clicked to fast trough the event but now I know its because of Evernusā€¦ this keeps getting better :smiley:

Copying prices to the clipboard isnā€™t violating the EULA, since there is no automated interaction with the Eve client, and you are required to manually update the order yourself.

Seems like their bot detection went crazy. Any dev out there who can shed some light? @Steve_Ronuken do you know whatā€™s happening?

These bans were all delivered by ccp peligro, it seems that the way they were handled is less than detailed, and he didnā€™t even pay attention if the person being banned is a chinese super macroer or trading character.I even offered ccp to give them my hard drive to check for macro software, if I get the same copy paste then that will be bolocks. I think someone else needs to handle these petitions that is not biased.You canā€™t have the guy that wrongly banned you handle your ticket.Thatā€™s just absurd.

2 Likes

Exactly Rachelā€¦ this CCP peli is going mad right nowā€¦ he does not even check our tickets he is like ā€œAnother Chinese Copy Paste Doneā€ā€¦ I am so mad right nowā€¦ all my assets are frozen in and I canā€™t play because of this dude who does not spent enough time looking into ticketsā€¦ we need quickly another DEV hereā€¦ and I would also give my Hard drive to check it outā€¦ even all my eve data from folders or whatever they need to proof thatā€¦

If this is indeed a ban wave for ctrl+v, this would be beyond absurd.

Iā€™ve tweeted at ccp falcon and hilmar about this.This an issue for the security department but its a very big screw up.Hopefully someone will at the least raise an eyebrow, and decide to check if these bans were indeed for the right thing.We need to make them aware that this is not ok.If we stay silent this would just get swept under the rug.I would advise everyone to keep an eye on this thread.I have other ways in mind that we can apply to solve this but lets see if we get ccps attention first.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would suggest reddit too, since it gets quite some attention.

My friends got the same answer. Just copy-paste of EULA. I am still waitingā€¦ In our community we have a lot of banned traders, and we all use Evernus. We tried to explain how it works, how we use margin tool. But it seems CCP Peligrio didnā€™t read what we sent to him.

1 Like

Can you all try talking to someone from the community team? They usually listen to users.

@CCP_Falcon @CCP_Peligro

Since for all the comments involving them, they havenā€™t been cynoā€™d in, cyno up. Iā€™ve no skin in this, to my knowledge Iā€™ve not been bannedā€¦ but that would require checking.

2 Likes

Hey, I got my alt banned too for ā€œThe reason specified was: Repeated Macro Use - Permanent suspensionā€ and got same copy-paste of EULA answer. I suspect it is for actively updating market orders often. And I didn`t even use ANY third-party software or macros to help me pick items to trade or update my buy/sell orders. Just ā€œmouse left-click ->modify orderā€.

And from the looks of it a lot of accounts (who knows what the number actually is) that actually used botting software got banned at the same time and those who got false positively flagged will be buried under a bunch of data. What are the chances that not all of them will be looked at and will never have their ban lifted.

It would really suck if I lost all that time I invested into skill training, standings raising, buy/sell orders baby siting just because I had time to spare and did it a bit too activelyā€¦

1 Like

Btw on the login screen the message I saw something along these lines ā€œUser EVE-SSO-CONNECTION is banned pending investigationā€, and Iā€™m sure many of you had the same message.So if the investigation is pending why is the supposed justice delivered before the investigation is completed.That doesnā€™t make any sense.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the last straw i put my hope into.
If you have the ā€œongoing investigationā€ message AND no ctrl+v reply on your ticket from Peligro, i still believe they really do investigate.

thats the message you get when you try to log in your account not a ticket reply.