jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

I’ve noticed that reaction jobs are being reported by jeveassets as an ‘Invention’ activity. I know that’s wrong. I know that it’s probably CCP’s fault since they have an inconsistency where reaction jobs are being reported as activity 9 in the industry jobs ESI endpoint, which doesn’t mesh up with anything in the ramActivities_Table. They should be reporting as 11.

Regardless, this is probably playing a part in the outputs of reaction jobs not filtering into stockpiles when the stockpile count manufacturing option is enabled. (I didn’t look at your code so I don’t know if you also have to enable reactions, and/or science jobs to be tallied in there as well. (If for instance we wanted to ensure a stock of invented BPC’s on hand or in research.))

Thanks for everything you’ve been doing.

@Gyges_Skyeye
1: Does it say Reactions in the activity column (in the Industry Jobs tool) or does it say Invention?

2: I haven’t finished the reaction code, yet.
It is on the ToDo list and I hope to get it done for the next feature release. Currently working on the UI endpoints, reactions will be next.

1 Like

Invention. https://i.imgur.com/j3flybX.png

Also strangely, the BPO column of reaction formulas is being parsed as being a copy once delivered and a BPO when active. It may or may not have something to do with my habit of repackaging reaction formulas. It’s also something to look into.

@Gyges_Skyeye

1. Reactions/Invention: Yes, that is a bug. Thank you very much for reporting it!
    I have fixed it locally now. The fix will be in the next release.

2. I took a quick look at the code, it looks like it’s using the blueprints API to identify BPOs and just mark them as BPC if the blueprint is not in the API. It should be trivial to use “runs” as a fallback when the blueprint is not in blueprints API (the itemID will change when packaging/unpacking, so that explain why it’s not in the blueprints API).

Thank you very much for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

jEveAssets 5.1.0 BETA 1 released

Notes:

:warning: Do NOT overwrite your existing jEveAssets folder with the BETA files!

:sunny: As long as you follow the above, helping test this build should be safe (as it will run portable and clone your data to the local directory)

Download:
jEveAssets 5.1.0 BETA 1

New Features:
-Assets: Include active ship in space (ESI)
-Table Menu: Open in-game market/contract windows and set waypoint
-Routing Tool: Set in-game waypoints
-Support reactions in Industry Jobs and Stockpile (counted as manufacturing)

Bug Fixes:
-Jumps menu clear was not working
-Jump columns was sometimes empty
-Editing unknown locations in the overview tool did not work
-Fixed a lot of issues with menus that use locations
-Industry Jobs Reactions was marked incorrectly
-Industry Jobs now count canceled and reverted as delivered
-Better BPO detection for Industry Jobs

Code:
-Better uncaught exception handling

2 Likes

Hello, Im a returning player. i used to use jeveassests when i was playing. now ive updated to the latest release but application doesnt load.

After terminating the process on the task manager i try again and i got this message

I then try to use the jmemory.jar but when trying nothing happens.

can i get some help?

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

When I had this problem the solution was to modify the jmemory.properties file to read xmx=2g and then run again with jmemory.jar. This tells it to use 2 gigs instead of the default of 1 gig. If you have 64 bit Java you can increase this to 4g or larger.

Johann thank you for the tip. ive tried that but with 2gb or 4gb im getting this error

That’s the error you get when you try to use 4 gigs but only have 32-bit Java. Try uninstalling all Java versions and then freshly installing the the 64-bit version – use the link called “Windows Offline (64-bit)”. Then set xmx=4g and run with jmemory.jar and you should be fine. If not file a bug report.

Also, be sure to use wordpad to modify that file, rather than plain notepad.

Cheked the new beta update, switched accounts (with active ships in space to ESI), but after updating data still no ship in assets list (only fit).
Maybe im doing wrong?

Anyway thanks for quick updates.

ive tried that but with no success. Ive now file a bug report to the email in the page you provided. hope i will get a reply.

Also i would like to thank you for the help in the issue :slight_smile:

@Joelixxx
I have replied to your email.

@Johann_Hemphill
Thank you very much for providing support for your fellow jEveAssets users :+1:

@Andre_Iv
Sigh, I actually tested it in-game myself.
It does require you edit the accounts and add the new scopes, otherwise it will not work, as it uses new endpoints.
I will test it again, to see if I can reproduce.
As always, thank you for your feedback and thank you for helping test the beta :slight_smile:

1 Like

jEveAssets 5.1.0 released

New Features:
-Assets: Include active ship in space (ESI)
-Table Menu: Open in-game market/contract windows and set waypoint
-Routing Tool: Set in-game waypoints
-Support reactions in Industry Jobs and Stockpile (counted as manufacturing)
-Added more options to the structure update

Bug Fixes:
-Jumps menu clear was not working
-Jump columns was sometimes empty
-Editing unknown locations in the overview tool did not work
-Fixed a lot of issues with menus that use locations
-Industry Jobs Reactions was marked incorrectly
-Industry Jobs now count canceled and reverted as delivered
-Better BPO detection for Industry Jobs
-Disabled filter was included when exporting
-Fixed Journal update errors (ESI bug fix)

Changed
-Better Account Manager user interface
-Better column selection in the export dialog

Code:
-Better uncaught exception handling
-Update eve-esi to 1.4.6

3 Likes

Thanks, after editing accounts all works fine

1 Like

@Andre_Iv
Thank you for the feedback, I did find a bug in the active ship code, as you said. It was not setting the location correctly. So, thank you for reporting it :+1:
I’m very happy people are helping test the beta versions, it makes the releases much more stable. :grin:

1 Like

@Knicpaw
Can you verify that the latest version (5.1.0) fixed ESI Journal updates?

@Marshall_Prime
UI Enpoints are now in jEveAssets. If you have any feedback to make it better in a future release, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your work on jEveAssets, it’s a lifesaver for those of us with many accounts.

Can you please explain how to migrate the whole account rather than each character?
That would cut down on the work by 2/3 :slight_smile:

Cheers,

MM

@Min_Mar
I guess the migration steps are a little unclear, so, here is a step by step guide:

1. Go to: Options > Accounts…
  2. Press: Add
  3. Select ESI
  4. Select Character or Corporation
  5. Select the scopes you want to auth (for best functionality leave all scopes checked)
  6. Press: Authorize
  7. Authorize in the browser
  8. Return to jEveAssets and complete the import steps

Repeat step 1-8 until you have imported all your characters and corporations
Once you have imported everything, you can start migrating your XmlApi accounts

1. Press: Migrate
  2. All characters/corporation should show “Ready To migrate”
  3. Press: OK
  4. Repeat step 9-11 for all XmlApi accounts

And you’re done.
It’s safe to delete the XmlApi accounts once they have been migrated (They will be green when they have been migrated successfully)

I know it’s a lengthy task to import everything if you have a lot of characters, but, there is no way to avoid it, sadly.

1 Like

I just want to report that after migrating I started getting an out of java memory error followed by critical errors that required closing java in task manager.

Uninstalling 32 bit Java, and installing 64 bit Java for windows 10 seems to have solved my problem.

@Shiloh_Templeton
Thank you for the feedback.

Looks like it’s a common problem with the later version(s).
I’m going to do some memory profiling during this week.
Hopefully I will be able to find what is using the extra memory.

1 Like