jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

I have a corporation with a large number of outstanding contracts for sale, contracts on the tracker don’t appear to reflect the total outstanding value of my contracts.

This looks like an awesome tool and I was able to install it following the FAQ.

I’m trying to sweep all of my assets scattered throughout the universe to a single location. I don’t know how to do this efficiently.

I was able to go to assets, sort by owner, and sort by total volume less than my ship cargo hold. If I go to Routing, I’m going to run into cargo hold issues.

What I think I want is to have a column in assets that sums the total volume per row that I can filter once it’s above my ship’s cargo hold value. Then I can use Routing on my current Assets tab to plan a route.

Is there a better way?

Yes, just use a cheap frigate to run to each location, place sell orders for what you don’t want to save, and buy any available hauler to carry what you want to fetch.
Works quite efficient. I’m down to some-eight-stations from over 20 across the cluster.

1 Like

I place buy orders throughout a region for bulky stuff. I’d like to figure out how to get it all efficiently. The Routing tool will generate an efficient route however I don’t know how to get it to take cargo hold and item volume into account for routing purposes.

Is there a way to export filtered assets to an in game item filter enabling easy sorting in game?

@Vibrant_Seraph

1. Tools > Inventory > Overview will give you the volume and value of each station/system/constellation/region
    That should be a little easier to work with than the assets tool.
    If you have a max volume you can move, you can select rows in the table and right click to get the total volume.
  2. I think the filters in-game are server side. It looks like the link from sharing filters is just a GUID and not actually the data of the filter. So, that means you can not import filters from outside eve.
1 Like

@Minmatar_Citizen_92274393
If you didn’t already add a corporation account (everything corporations are in separate accounts in jEveAssets): How to add corporation accounts
I should note that the tracker use the contract reward/price to evaluate contract worth, not what is actually in the contract.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 6.00.24 AM

When I get a spike like this, it’s usually because of a temporary change in price of an item I’m holding (stock has run out in Jita and the price goes up, for example).

Is there a way to see which items in my inventory have had the largest recent price delta? Sometimes it would be nice to capitalize on market changes like this. But it’s really hard to figure out which items have changed.

So I found what caused this particular blip by going to Tools → Worth → Isk. The item under “Best Asset” for one of my accounts is out of stock, and someone decided to price one at 1B. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone is going to pay me 1B for a “Women’s Yoiul Stormchasers Cap”. :grinning:

It would still be nice to get items sorted by price deltas, if that’s possible.

1 Like

@Caffeine_Coma
Not ATM.
There is an issue for something like it, though:

In short, jEveAssets only save totals in the tracker. The reason for that is that it would accumulate way too much data, way too fast, if it saved all the old prices, assets, etc. for every tracker point, instead it only saves the total value of all assets, market orders, etc.
Usually sorting by price or value will find you the items pretty fast, if the change is big enough to notice in the tracker. That said prices are always estimates.

1 Like

Just tried this, and it seems really helpful, thanks!

It brought to light that I have several BPCs that are valued at > 1b, presumably due to some crazy contract price. I haven’t been able to find the contracts in-game; I guess they’re out of region for me.

Is there a way to exclude contract pricing for BPCs in the tracker? Pretty sure I will not get 1.3b for a Large Emission Scope Sharpener II BPC.

Thanks

There is no way to exclude contract pricing for all items in the tracker, but, you can correct the price for item types, the following way:

1. Right click the item with the wrong price in the assets tool
  2. Select: Price > Edit
  3. Set the correct price
  4. Press OK.

The change will be reflected in the next tracker point.

In case you want to exclude all contract prices from the tracker, you will need to make a feature request for that on GitHub

2 Likes

jEveAssets 7.0.0 released

New Features:
-Added support for more multibuy formats (contributed by madetara)
-Added ‘Added date’ columns to Transactions/Journal tool (Issue #269)
-Highlight recent changes in the Market Orders tool (Issue #265)
-Highlight new items in Assets/Journal/Transactions tool (Issue #269)
-Save contract history (optional, on be default) (Issue #258)
-Table menu: Select ship in the Fitting Tool from Assets/Tree Tools (Issue #264)
-Allow renaming assets in the Tree tool
-Added Required and Owned options for the Stockpiles shopping list (Issue #235)
-Added placeholder examples for Stockpile imports (Issue #276)
-Added Type Name column to Assets/Tree tools (Hidden by default, issue #181)
-Added Item Name column to Assets/Tree tools (Hidden by default, issue #181)
-Made Market Details column’s button clickable with the space key (Issue #137)
-Added Market Details column to the Stockpile tool (Issue #256)
-Added Average Transaction Price column to the Stockpile tool (Issue #256)
-Add Job Cost column to Industry Jobs (Issue #284, contributed by Kaylee Syntax)

Changed:
-Use AutoCompleteSupport Filter Mode Contains (Issue #274)
-Show critical error messages always on top

Code:
-Updated FlatLaf library to 1.6.4
-Updated eve-esi library to 4.6.1
-Fixed lgtm.com alerts (issue #275)

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a case where the changed theme colors was not applied
-Fixed changing color settings triggering an eventList update when not needed
-Fixed wrong class types in TableFormats (BugId: 969, 971, 972, 979 and more)
-Fixed tree table sorting columns really slowly
-Fixed settings being saved while columns was being moved
-Fixed NPE in XPDefaultRenderer (JDK-6429812, BugId: 959, Issue #279)
-Fixed system look and feel being listed twice in the color settings
-CDE/Motif did not have windows Copy/Paste/Cut/Select All shortcuts
-Fixed Market Detail column’s button rendering on various look and feels
-Fixed NPE in FlatTitlePane (BugId: 980, Issue #281)
-Journal is missing entries (Issue #218, Fixed in ESI by CCP! <3)
-Possible fix for CtD on when setting a new price (Issue #277)
-Fixed CtD before warning for “in zip file” and “library missing” was shown
-Fixed jEveAssets losing focus when loading/creating profiles
-Fixed meta and tech level for esi updated items
-Added missing read lock for FilterList when updating statusbar

2 Likes

Oof, did this and now my net worth is ~9B lower, but I guess more realistic. :slight_smile:

Will this manually-set price remain in effect until I re-edit it?

Will this manually-set price remain in effect until I re-edit it?

Yes, it stays forever and will be used for everything of that item type throughout jEveAssets. Until you edit it again or reset the price.

2 Likes

I’ve been using jEveAssets to manage market order outbids however a lot of the orders that appear in the ‘Market Orders’ tab are outdated e.g. they have already been fulfilled. I have an active filter for ‘Status’ as ‘Active’ however the program cache still thinks the expired orders are live.

Basically, I click on the ‘Open’ button under the ‘Market Details’ column for a specific order and there is no game-live order listed.

I have tried refreshing with and without the ‘Save Market Orders History’ option toggled under Options->Tools->Market Orders and the result is the same.

Is there a way I can clear the cache or something else so jEveAssets has an actual view of current market orders?

@Vibrant_Seraph
Update > Update... is the only way to update active orders to the closed statuses. The public market orders endpoint only include active orders, as soon as they’re not longer active, they’re removed, so jEveAssets does not know what their current status is, just that it did not find them, it could technically guess, they’re somehow closed, however, It’s a flawed workaround, as It’s possible to have market orders in structures you do not have ACL too anymore, so, those active orders would not be found by jEveAssets, therefor wrongly assuming they’re close, while they’re indeed active.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand. Should I reinstall or something? They’re all personal market orders; nothing with an ACL.

When I click on the open button it takes me to the in game market details window however I don’t actually have an active order.

The short answer is that, as I understand it, the API does not provide means to explicitly track completion of a market order. All you could do is guess, that a vanished order is fulfilled. Or canceled. Or what not.

1 Like

How do I delete everything so it starts with a fresh pull of active orders?

I imagine that’s not the most data-economical way to address the problem but it looks like that’s the only realistic way to clean everything up.