Little things / Small QoL suggestions

I hope the mysterious “London studio FPS project” will fill that gap. It has been in beta tests since last summer so maybe soon™ :stuck_out_tongue:

or maybe just make them much smaller? Funny thing is they don’t scale down when you zoom out and it looks ridiculous.

Suggestion: The Broadcast tab tooltip in the fleet window should tell me which broadcast setting I have loaded.
Keywords: UI, fleet window, broadcast, broadcast settings, tooltip, information
Notes: Similar to the Overview tab tooltip telling you which overview/bracket setting are active in the tab, the Broadcast tab tooltip should do the same for the broadcast settings. You can name and store settings similar to overview settings, which means the game knows the names. I was just in the situation that I could not immediately say which settings I had loaded because I haven’t been in a fleet in a while (old brain).

They actually did it! But you have to hover your mouse to see the markers clearly with an additional popup showing exact resource type concentration percantage :slight_smile:

In the planetary industry panel you can see a red flashing “stop” marker over planet’s image on the left, showing when anything malfunctions. I don’t know if it was present in Apr’18 :slight_smile:

In Apr’23 it works as you requested it :slight_smile: Only clicking “Home” icon when in PI View centers camera focus on Command Center. Entering PI View centers camera on one of the structures. My wild guess is the oldest one other than CC.

Suggestion: Make the scanner sensitivity to remember the setting for every resource type on every planet that hosts our command centers
Keywords: pi, resource scanner
Notes: the scanner has been already upgraded to remeber the settings for every planet wit CC but the level is the same for every resource type on the particular planet

In Apr’23 it works as you requested :slight_smile: If I may refine your request I would ask for the scanner sensitivity to remember the setting for every resource type on every planet that hosts our command centers.

Even more enhanced PI scanner memory for every resource type on every planet hosting our CC
  • In review
  • Rejected
  • Accepted
  • Released

0 voters

In Apr’23 it works as you requested :slight_smile:

As of Apr’23 you select a structure, then links, then the link you want to upgrade. To upgrade it you double click it to bring link properties window and then click the upgrade. An Upgrade button in structure links list would be a very littleBIG QoL enhancement :slight_smile:

Suggestion: Display number of blueprints in Industry window
Keywords: ui, industry, inventory
Note: The ‘Blueprints’ tab of ‘Industry’ window has multiple filters but no information how many blueprints are matching the criteria (see ‘Inventory’ window status bar as example).
This would be very useful when manufacturing from BPCs (tech 2 for example) to track how many blueprints are remaining.

There was absolutely zero reason to reply to posts 5 years ago.

The creator of this thread did her own post when they added all the stuff the players have asked.

1 Like

As you add how many blueprints to the window, the materials needed changes with how many blueprints you have, until you see how many you can make with whats left of your mats

Suggestion: Show amount of people in chat on invite
Keywords: Chat, Invite
Note: The chat spam is nothing more than annoying. It is mostly Hypernet chats but sometimes other ones too. Upon invitation it should be shown how many people are in the chat already so we can determine beforehand if we want to join. Having to close the Xteenth Hypernet chat and then having to erase it from the chat window remember thingy (sry, idk how it is called rn) is just plain annoying.

1 Like

Sorry to upset you. I’ve just wanted to add my own PI suggestion and was browsing through other ppl PI suggestions (to avoid repeating) and was checking if the feature asked for was already added to the game. I’ve probably missed CCP reply with release announcement drowned in other posts and filtered out from PI search results in this topic… BTW, where is that CCP post?
Edit: I’ve looked up all CCP karkur’s posts in this thread and only one was relating to PI - RMB Customs Office options.
Edit #2: I’ve just checked the game client and the feature asked for is not there. When you add another link between two PI structures that are already connected there is an error message on submit instead of an offer to upgrade the existing link.

Suggestion: Make other characters’ command centers locations be clearly seen from high above
Keywords: pi, other characters’ networks
Note: Option “Show other character’s networks” requires ground level zoom to (barely) see other CCs

When in PI View please make other characters’ command centers locations be clearly seen when looking at the planet with “Show other character’s networks” option enabled. If you must, add another (expensive) PI skill enabling this clear visibility.
Ex. the higher the skill lvl the higher one can zoom out and still clearly see those locations. It’s good to know where other characters are mining :wink:
Go wild and maybe add other (expensive) PI skills allowing for gathering intel on other characters’ activities in their colonies like what they mine, produce and how much and if they ever visited their premises lately?
You can already see a little so why not let us see it all?

Make other characters’ CCs be clearly seen from high above in PI View
  • In review
  • Rejected
  • Accepted
  • Released

0 voters

1 Like

Suggestion: Move notification alert volume setting from UI Click to Warning Sounds
Keywords: sound, notification
Note: Allows pilots to hear notification alerts without UI sounds

Currently if I want an audible alert when there is a notification I must turn up the volume for all UI sounds (which I personally find quite distracting, especially with multiple clients running). What I really want is a quiet client that pings when there is a notification (especially if the client is in the background). In the advanced audio settings there are options for ‘UI Click’ and ‘Warning Sounds’. The volume for notifications are controlled by ‘UI Click’ and ship alerts by ‘Warning Sounds’, it would be way better if ‘Warning Sounds’ also controlled the volume of notification alerts.

Suggestion: Add output container name to Industry window when viewing jobs on progress
Keywords: industry, jobs, UI
Note: Allows user to see if there are any jobs going to a container

Use case would be “I use this container for a certain step in industry, I want to see if all jobs targeting this container are complete so I can start next step”

1 Like

Suggestion Reduce the GPU/CPU impact of Trig wormholes on lower “Display and Graphics” settings.

Keywords: Display and Graphics - Mac

Note: The trig wormholes seem nice, but they are somewhat difficult to see when my venerable old Mac is flying about the room under the propulsion of its own cooling fans.

Can we get more office slots in npc structures, especially the FW ones, it’s becoming an absolute nightmare to get an office in stations and it’s really starting to grind my gears. FW is in a great place and as a CEO trying to move stuff for our corps to frontlines with no offices is an absolute pitta and its turning into evemail online messaging other corps to see if they can drop offices. It’s an absolute waste of time and crazy frustrating.

@Mistor_B Please refer to the OP or other comments for proper posting in this thread