Little things / Small QoL suggestions

EDIT: aaah okay, it works - there is button to group them, then it works.

1 Like

Suggestion: Keyboard shortcuts for top-down and side-on view in probe window
Keywords: ui, scanning, probing
Note: A small enhancement which would make manipulating the probe window and probe positioning more efficient.

2 Likes

How exactly would that work? I think they’d need to add multiple configuration options to support this. (Much like the layer configs in image editing software.)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he means to be able to install, not show, multiple SKINS at once.

1 Like

Reading that again, I see what you mean. D’oh.

1 Like

Suggestion: Change the color scheme on SoCT stations to their factional colors

Keywords: Stations, Society, SpaceObjectFactory

Note: Uncomplicated, nice visual distinction

SoCTStation

The Gallente Research Station model lends itself really well to the SoCT paint scheme - it would be very cool to see their couple of stations out in Geminate use the same colors their ships do.

2 Likes

Suggestion: allow unpinned windows to be locked, just like how you can lock pinned window via an option.

1 Like

Eve doesn’t remember if you maximize your windowed client. Everytime I login I have to do this on all my clients. Can it be remembered?

4 Likes

The default camera angle when undocking a structure makes it look garbage. It’s very zoomed in and then slowly zooms out. If it were zoomed out a little bit more you’d have a much better appreciation for these things looks.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Add ability to make personal object tags in overview without having to be in a fleet (therefore also without having to be in a squad/wing/fleet leader position).

Note/Reason: Personal meaning that only I can see it. Tagging rats, tagging asteroids, etc. There is a lot of info in EVE and the more we can organize it, the better. This would be very handy.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Suggestion: [Much like how you can hide the memberlist of a chat window] Add ability to hide the chat portion of a chat window, but leave memberlist visible.

Reason/Note: Local memberlist is intel, while local chat is cancer. Could be helpful in other situations as well, though.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Suggestion: Add ability to staticly highlight items in your overview, irrelevant of corp/alliance/standing/status. Just right click > Color > and pick from a variety of colors (much like how you can color code broadcast types in fleet history).

Reason/Notes: In the age of citadels, my overview is a nightmare. I need to see all of these citadels, but it would be great to instantly identify my important locations on my overview. These color selections should remain constant, through changing systems and even logging out, until the player clears them manually. Should be a highlight color, or some form of tagged icon, not to interfere with standing colors or docking rights icons.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Suggestion: Allow the multi fit tool to fit as much as possible, instead of failing if even a single module or inventory item is missing.

Notes/Reason: The multi fit tool is awesome, but just because (for example) I can’t use t2 ammo doesn’t mean I should have to go through all of the steps to make a brand new fit with faction ammo instead of t2. Just let multi fit do its best and tell you at the end if something is missing. Possibly even make this a checkbox option like the fit rigs option.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Suggestion: “Smarter Fittings Window”: Allow things like “rename fitting”, and “update fitting with current”, and “add to corp fittings”, and “add to personal fittings”, etc.

Notes/Reason: Less clicks. My mouse… it’s not happy right now.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to delete all fittings with one click in your fitting browser

Keywords: ui, fitting browser

Note: This will make file handling much easier than right-clicking 500 times to delete 250 saved fittings and once you have a fitting file, deleting all fits by accident is just one re-import away.

1 Like

Suggestion: This thread should be stickied

Keywords: the new forums

Note: A sticky should bring this thread back to the top where it belongs

4 Likes

Account Tagging/Naming on Launcher

For example your account john13123 (fake account name) could be named cyno account 10 on the launcher

2 Likes

Suggestion: Always Display the number of Research and Manufacturing Jobs available
Keywords: UI, Manufacturing, Research, Invention, Reactions
Notes:
Currently when in the industry window, if you have A BP selected for either manufacturing, reactions, or research, you can see how many slots you have left for each of those categories. However, if you do not have a BP selected and no active jobs running, there is no display of the number of available slots you have for each category. Therefore, you have to look at your skills to determine the number of slots you have. My suggestion is to simply make the display for the number of slots that you have available visible all the time so you always know how many slots you have and of what type.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Make scanning rigs use scanning rig icon

Keywords: Rig, icon

The scanning rig (gravity capacitor upgrade) uses CPU rig icon. But there already exists a scanning rig icon (used in scanning rigs market group).

Here is the scanning rig icon used for scanning rigs market group (grabbed from SDE):
113_64_2

6 Likes

Suggestion: The locator agent ui needs a serious facelift.
Keywords: UI, locator, agent
Notes: The locator agent UI seems like it was implemented in a hurry 15 years ago and then left in that state. It is simple text field, no search possible. It completely locks the screen, which is something from the last millenium. It does not even support drag&drop.

2 Likes