Little things / Small QoL suggestions

Wouldn’t it be easier to remove the watch list, and have the fleet window display the health status of the members?

1 Like

Yeah please do that with 500 people and while the logi gets shot at and you are responsible for keeping the cap chain up. Good luck with that.

I promise you, you won’t have time to look through the member list and see who is next in the list to chain with and keep your eye on incoming rr requests and if you are getting yellow boxed by someone while following your orders and flying is away that you will not get hit very good or at all while keeping in range of your fleet buddies.

That indeed could be a problem. I only played in small fleets before, where I could keep everyone on my watch list.

Yeah me too. Or I was out by myself so there wasn’t much to pay attention to. I think it will make things easier since all you would need would be to drag your logi or other important fleet buddies into your watch list and then you can target lock them or warp to them.

Suggestion: Add small corpse bay to pods

Keywords: pod, friends, necrophilia, transport

Pods should have a corpse bay with enough room for 1 corpse so you can take a friend with you :heart:

2 Likes

Suggestion: Reduce the Cache Timer for /characters/{character_id}/notifications/
Keywords: esi, notifications, third party apps
Note: Notifications are far too dynamic to have a 10 minute cache timer.

For something that changes on a second-to-second basis, having a 10 minute timer on the /characters/{character_id}/notifications/ ESI call makes the method difficult to work with. Currently this requires some unnecessarily complex workarounds (ie. syncing up the notifications of multiple characters) to make the call useful, but a simple reduction in the cache time could greatly reduce the complexity.

In an ideal world, a cache timer of 1-2 minutes would be wonderful; but with the possibility of overloading ESI in mind even a reduction to 5 minutes would massively improve the usefulness of this call.

Suggestion: Ability to see time, and not just the date, when the additional training queues end.
Keywords: ui, training, less pain in the arse
Note: Helps to work out how many hours or sp you have left in the additional queues.

Right now I need to use notepad to record when my additional training queues end, sometimes I forget and then I have no way of knowing exactly when the additional queues end, this is essential account info.

You should post this ESI suggestion in relevant place: https://github.com/esi/esi-issues/issues

Suggestion: Allowing players to Manufacture Implants & Hardwires

Keywords: Manufacturing

Note:

Using Corpse - PI - Moon Goo - some other Trading good to manufacture Implants rather then waiting for NULL drops, after all this is a player based game :stuck_out_tongue:

Would help with all the homeless too :thinking:

Maybe, but in larger fleets, you only need to see the health status of a small number of fleet members. I also imagine this would start to get hard on the server in fleets over a certain size

Suggestion: Allow some containers to be put inside others
Keyword: Organization, Inventory Management

I understand why Planck containers (those that are larger on the inside than the outside), can’t be put inside each other as this would enable infinite storage space. But not all containers are Planck containers. They are the same size inside as out. Why can’t we put these inside other containers? This would help immensely with inventory management, especially in stations, and would be far superior to the filters we have to resort to now.

Suggestion: Have the Alert for “Available Cargo Hold Threshold” sound for the same hold that is tracked with the “Hold & Bays” icon on the HUD
Keywords: Mining, Holds & Bays

Currently, you can set up an alert when your cargo hold is getting full (among other things). You can also change the HUD icon that shows how full your hold is to the different holds your ship has (cargo, drone, ore, etc). But the alert only sounds when your CARGO hold is getting full. This should change as the tracking changes or have a separate alert for each hold. This way I’m reminded by ore hold is full before my mining modules are trying to pull in ore!

1 Like

Since ECM is weak now, caldari need a 2nd ewar like the other races.
Suggestion: Give guidance disruption as the second caldari ew (for t2 ships) and split the guidance capacitor use skill and strength skill off seperately from tracking disruption. Remove guidance disruption bonus from amarr ships.

Please add Loot to random Pirate Den Structures, that either the “NPC Pirates” eject into space after the battle as a plee to “not kill us” style lore, or after we destroy the structures. A pirate base without loot is just kinda stupid. Especially since most the ships dont have anything on them most the time anyway. (This is based on High Sec experience) so new players can have a reason to really try to win at them.

Suggestion: Allow us to empty PI manufacturing facilities
Keywords: PI, efficiency
Note: it’s annoying (and wasteful) that we have to lose a lot of materials every single time when we change the blueprints, because the system already loaded all available materials automatically for the next cycle, or when we deconstruct the facility. It could work the same way as the expedited transfer.

1 Like

Suggestion: Distribution Missions Cargo Fix
Keywords: Missions
Note:
When doing Distribution missions with Deep space transports you constantly get warning for cargo hold space surely the guy cleaning ccp floor could put a if statement to check fleet hanger ? simple very easy to fix and my OCD would thank you “knock knock knock”

1 Like

Overview warning for returning players after adding content. In this case a warning to returning players to check their overview for new types of ships added after being away for so long.

I brought my old toon back and kicked him up to Omega after playing with an new Alpha account. While playing the Alpha, I blew through Triglavian space repeatedly, I watched the little guys in red take shots at me as I flew by. Occasionally I would stop and check wrecks if there were not Trigs in the area. All was well.

Then I brought in my old toon and flew the same routes (SOE to try and fix standing). That account didn’t have the Trigs turned on in the overview. So I warped in to a nice clean overview and a couple yellow wrecks, lets see if there are any shiny things… pop, boom.

Losing ships is part of the game and I am not a bit salty for the isk loss. I just wish that there had been consistency between the clients. Lost the cargo for mission 45/51 (blown up in the wreck). 90 day cooldown time. Sigh.

Suggestion: allow an opt-out for automagic addition of character’s name to a newly assembled ship’s name. Using only hull’s base type as name is fine.
Keywords: UI, Ship Name

3 Likes

Suggestion: Add T3 items and ships to the “Required for” tab of skill show info tool tips.

Keywords: show info, required for, t3c, industry, skills, tool tip
Note: Tech 3 destroyers, Tech 3 subsystems, and Tech 3 cruisers do not show up in the “Required for” tab of skills. This includes Advanced Medium Ship Construction V, Advanced Small Ship Construction V, Jury Rigging V, Industry V, Invention skills etc.

This has been included YAY!!!

Suggestion: Color code tactical bookmarks
Keywords: UI, Bookmarks, Color change
Note: The ability to give a bookmark a certain color.
In space you would see the color like you can see the teal arround the pin in space now with the current bookmarks.

When you have many tactical bookmarks on a grid it would be nice to be able to differentiate between them by just gancing at them instead of having to read the text on each one. For example: personal and corp tacs.
Not only that but when you scan an enemy down on a grid you could mark it a different color like a red, so you know in the future an enemy has that one.
Or certain spot you like to sit at you could mark a certain color so you can warp to it easily in between a grid full of bookmarks.

But just make it as an optional, it should not be mandatory so it does not interfere with the speed of making a quick bookmark.

2 Likes