Little things / Small QoL suggestions

@CCP_karkur
A life changing improvement please if it is not already on your list.
Moon Scanning results .
At the moment you can CTRL-A (Select All) and copy and paste (great love that bit).
Can you look at having the ability to delete all. Unless I am mistaken but the only way to delete a moon scan result is to right click and delete one at a time.
It would be fantastic if the functionality of CTRL-A to select then a Delete All Option.
Thank you

2 Likes

Suggestion: auto-bookmarks showing a history of warps, e.g. last 50 or 100
Keywords: bookmarks, warp
Note: surely my super advanced space computer is capable of remembering where I warped. Surely everyone was a bit annoyed when you forgot a tractor unit or drones at an anomaly that is now vanished

4 Likes

If already mentioned please ignore.
I would love to see more filtering of the structures in the UI.
At the moment it is limited to three high levels of display:
Citadels
Engineering Complexes
Refineries.

Is it possible to break each one down in sub levels:
Citadels (for example) which can then filter down to display:
Astrahus
Fortizars
Keepstars

That way if a person wishes to they can only have Keepstars shown in the UI instead of every Citadel.
Do the same for Engineering Complexes and Refineries.
Thankyou

3 Likes

I have space for approximately 50 bookmarks from the top tier of the right click menu. Keep it reasonable, show 24 and a “more >” entry for the special snowflakes with more than 24 in a system. No, I don’t care which folder it’s in, i want to warp already.

2 Likes

I would love to have a CPU/Grid Filter in Fitting window module browser.
either a tick box to “show only modules that can be fitted with remaining CPU/Grid”
or a field to enter manual CPU/Grid range

3 Likes

Anything can be annoying. It’s not a valid reason. The correct solution is to remember the last time you forgot something, which hurt in a way, so you don’t make the same mistake again.

2 Likes

Dirty and Clean ships.

I know that dust and dirty ship look is a feature. And I appreciate it the effort to make the game more realistic and diverse.

However, there is not an option to keep my ships clean.

So I would like a mark checkbox (or some other type of choice method) to opt out of the dirt gain, so my ships always look clean and bright.

Currently I must open the fit window and clean every one of it every week, with is boring and time consuming.

Thanks.

2 Likes

You mean this one?

2 Likes

In my opinion Simulation Mode is usually only needed when fitting up new ships or to check active stats on already fit old ships. It’s not usually needed for refitting old ships that are used more often.

However the ability to toggle that info on and off in the regular Fitting Screen would be very helpful in determining what to fit in that last open slot…

SUGGESTION: Remove red dots or make them optional

SUGGESTION: When doing a micro-release, include a diff to the last micro-release instead of just editing the patch notes of the major release.

9 Likes

Suggestion: In Transactions, allow me to right click the person in the wallet after he sent me money, so i can send him a mail quickly and easily.

I was quite flabbergasted when I found out that this isn’t possible.

You mean like this?

1 Like

I said ‘in the regular Fitting Screen’.

Meaning not in the Simulation Screen.

Which part of that did you not understand?

Clicking simulate first is hard?

I’ve no idea why you have to, but the only thing you have to do to use the feature you describe is click simulate first.

Edit: should have been more condescending first time round.

Are your fingers broken? do you have a limited number of clicks available to you per day? Do you require the pretty picture in the middle of the fitting window to be able to navigate the complex task of fitting your ship? The material difference is zero, and you have the ability to filter modules that can be fitted to your current ship. I bet you’ve complained doors are inconvenient because you have to twist the handle before haven’t you?

2 Likes

I already know about that function in the Simulation Screen. Also other people have already posted that info.

Did you even read this thread?

Doesn’t matter, I can tell by your reply that you’re just looking to troll so take your snide remarks somewhere else.

There is a button that instantly selects the Command Centre on a planet. Can one be introduced to select the extraction control unit?

Some planets are hard to see the extraction unit especially for me as I am partially sighted. I get by in the rest of Eve with scaling the UI. I feel this addition would be simple and of great benefit.

3 Likes

Suggestion: Asset filter for items in player owned structures

Keywords: ui, asset safety, citadels

Note: With the upcoming changes to asset safety players deserve an easy way to find assets that may be at risk.

The easiest implementation I can imagine at the moment is to just add two new tabs to the asset window: station and structure. The naming of the tabs is open to debate, I don’t care about being 100% accurate and personally would name the tabs “Station” and “Citadel” for brevity and clarity.

Alternatively a filter can just be added to the existing tabs similar to the region selection filter.

Furthermore, updating the advanced search parameters and documentation is needed. Perhaps an advanced search parameter for structures already exists, though from my searching it does not. I would nominate “structure: [boolean]” as a reasonable advanced search parameter when trying to find assets in player owned structures, though a “structureType:” parameter would also be useful.

1 Like

Suggestion: Reduce inventory/cargo littering

Keywords: inventory, time sink

Note: Some items don’t stack in cargo like others

While ammo etc will autostack in the ship cargo windows, some other items like scanner probes, lootstuff will not, leading to unneccessary littering and disorder. As ammo has the ability to find it’s heap, there seems to be a line of code available for this task. Please apply this function to non-ammo items as well.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Why can I not Start Conversation my Agent from the Agent Mission hud element?
Keywords: UI, agent missions, missions, hud
Notes: –

Suggestion: Each Space / Region need one Unique-Resource and one Abundant Resource.
Keywords: Resource Distribution.
Note: Encourage a better occupation of all regions.

With the changes that are coming for the resources distribution it is necessary to aim for a distribution that encourages a greater occupation of the various spaces and regions of the map. Mostly Low-Sec.

I recommend that each Space in the Game (High-Sec, Low-Sec, Null-Sec, Wormhole) needs to have at least one Unique-Resource and one Abundant-Resource.
Other Regions will not have direct access to this specific Unique-Resource and will have shortage of this specific Abundant-Resource.

Encouraging a better occupation of all Spaces … decreasing self-sufficiency … encouraging trade between spaces … etc …

1 Like