[Molden Heath News Network] News from Molden Heath

[Entertainment News]: Minmatar Wrestler Leaves Fans Bewildered in Eram

MEINIGEFUR - Wrestler belonging to the Everyshore Wrestling Federation which is on tour in Republic space, shocked his fans late last night with a dramatic entrance and an equally dramatic exit. The widely popular - and controversial - wrestler known as “Lostar Brali” was scheduled to fight the upcoming star “Double J.”

Brali entered the stage with his theme music and signature pyrotechnic display, which was quickly stopped as the wrestler was not dressed in his normal wrestling attire but casual clothes, holding a microphone. The crowd then erupted in confused booing, prompting the wrestler to motion for people to quiet down, speaking to the microphone:

“Hey! Listen, listen…I got to get something of my chest and frankly I don’t think any of you want to hear what I have to say…

But after that hell in a cell match against Jack-Knife at Stolen Liberty last Sunday; I couldn’t give a damn how you feel about this.

See…It’s said that when you enter a hell in a cell match you walk out a different man. The brutality you face locked inside changed even the most steadfast superstars in New Eden… But I wasn’t changed. All I experienced was realization. See, while you all were sitting at home or in the stadium as Jack-knife grated my face against the walls of the cell. Cheering as I took seven chair shots to the chest, cheering as I get put down for the three count…

I realized that I still am a slave. A slave that gets prodded along on stage to dance for you. To take a beating for your pleasure. Then at the end of it all you got to show for it is a hunk of silver strapped to burnt leather. Jack-knife can keep that title for all I care and all those sheep in the locker room can fight for it to become the top slave in the pens. But me? Heh, you know what I do when someone tries to keep me in captivity….”

Dropping the microphone after his monologue, he returned backstage, pushing and throwing other athletes out of his way until he reached the General Manager’s office, tackling the door, tearing it off its hinges like they were nothing. The GM appeared visibly confused about this turn of events and even more so as Brali then proceeded to lift him up and powerbombed the man through his desk. Brali then left the set as cameras focused on the unconscious General Manager, with on-site medics rushing in to the room.

Though injured in the event, our hospital sources say that the Manager will make a full recovery.

Rumors are abound that this is a new storyline for the wrestler, and reactions so far are mixed both in professional and fan discussions.

Additional Information: Brief history of “Lostar Brali”:

Himri Besi, known best by his stage name “Lostar Brali” is known in the EWF for playing the role of a former slave, one rescued during the Elder Fleet Invasion. Besi himself is a son of Brutor immigrants and was born and raised in the Federation.

According to his fictional backstory, during his escape he killed a minor Amarrian holder by plowing them through their own gold-encrusted table, though no Amarrian Holder family admitted that something like it ever happened. Clanless, though identified to be of Brutor ancestry, he could not find connection to his Tribal ancestry, and left for the Gallente Federation like many before him had, before even going through the Voluval ritual. After series of odd jobs in the Federation he was by chance picked up by a local promoter, and soon rose to fame as a highly cunning wrestler who won most of his matches through tactics and agility instead of brute strength - though make no mistake, he is still over a hundred kilograms of muscle, able to lift other grown men effortlessly for executing wrestling moves.

For several years now he has been a widely popular and also a controversial figure - many Minmatar feel like he is making a mockery of their culture for the Gallentean markets to exploit - but nevertheless he has millions of fans in the Republic as well, garnering interest in this previously underappreciated sport in the Republic by his fame alone.

5 Likes