[IDEA] Name Change Certificate

Main problem is in your last sentence.
When this subject is put on the table, people IMMEDIATELY assume that the guy wants to do it for mean/bad/malicious/whatever reasons.

Well, yes, of course, we do need to take any aspects of a use a feature would have.
But your last words completely erase the argument sadly :

you wanted to not have associated with your main character

With my features going along the whole idea, any actions with the new renamed Character WILL BE associated with your main.
As i said, I WANT people to associate my new name with my old, i don’t want to change my in-game life with a brand new name. If it was the case i would create a new one, and act accordingly on coms, like a spy would i suppose.

@Krysenth
Yes.
When a Character is biomassed, you can reuse the name it had with another one.
You, or another player with another account.

Nothing in what I said was erased, undermined, nor contradicted. You need to read all my comments, not just a select few. Context matters.
1 - earlier in the thread I stated that the original name should not go away. Any Alias always leads back to any prior Also Known As and to the original identity.
2 - the fact is that there is no need to add name changing to the game given the convenience of Skill Injectors and the ability to create new characters not associated with your account.
3 - the fact is also that sometimes people do decide that after years of playing ‘Nome De Gare’ is not as exciting a name they thought it would be and not as fitting for the daring Industrialist that they are. So they want ‘Pink Bunny Slippers’ instead.
4 - do you really want to waste your time arguing with me or the people who are making silly associations between ship names and types and the current name of their character?
5 - Some of us prefer seeing consistent names when they show up. So if there is a name change scheme then I want a toggle so that I will only see AKAs when viewing the character sheet but their true names only in chat/local. But that would defeat the purpose I suppose. :wink:

You’re supposing correctly. :slight_smile:

Well, whatever, i guess this change will come one day or another anyway.
Multiple taboos have been crossed those last 2 or 3 years, i see no reasons why it should not continue.

I support an idea. Because we have so many stupid, ridiculous and retarded names in Eve that I want to try. I can not force ppl to change their names. By I can force pilots to change it if they are willing to join my community.
I would never accept pilot with name TOILET FLUSH or NEGATIVE ROCKET to my corporation.
So with this feature pilots would have at list a chance to change mistakes of theirs past.

FFS, name ‘warp to belt 1’ is used to bring confusion during a fight. Or a name ‘Primary’.
I don’t mind about such names. It does not break EULA. bit in case if person decides to change name, it should be possible. Otherwise they have to extract all skill point to give it to his new character. Of course it’s too expensive. Nobody will do it.

2 Likes

You pronounced everything wrong, I corrected that for you, you’re welcome!

There is a never missing, I fixed that for you!

You better fix your name. Oh sorry I forgot, you can’t. Such a shame.

1 Like

You made me giggle

1 Like

I like your idea. I orginally created my character name based on a combination of my daughters names. But, since they are both Chinese, this creates an issue for people to understand the name. Eg, Qiu = cho… I would love to be able to change the name to something easier for others to pronounce.
QiuLynnZu

2 Likes

Uh… You’re not even replying to a thread this year.

I thought threads were supposed to be locked and/or deleted if they haven’t had any replies in 3 months. This one was still open for replies after 11 months…

That feature got added shortly after the forum opened. Certain threads therefore missed it.

Talk about reviving the past. Forgot how much I posted in this thread.

support.

i just used a resculpt actually to tweak my nose and jawline a little.
wouldnt mind a name change for a new last name.

its sad though that ccp charges money for these kinds of things like its coveted premium content when its 100% standard in every other mmo with customization and name changes.
its not like my corp history will dissapear.

ccp actually gave me a name change when i made this account which was nice cause i ran into downtime while i was doing my character and i settled on a name i ultimately didnt like in the last 30 30 seconds so i wouldnt lose my progress and since it was a brand new character i wasnt trying to skip out on anyone. looking back idk if i really like ancaladron much more than the first one i had.

The game depends on the continued risk for reward and consequences for actions… Name changes allow players to escape their fate … this is why many of us were against skill injectors… To be sure CCP has put in plenty of checks on skill injectors to make them hard to use to escape consequences but even with that many did not like the idea. Work arounds have been offered by some for years… such as a history like the employment history showing names… but they have been rejected as still being a way to escape scrutiny even if only on the surface. If you want to sell your character some day it behooves you to create a good name and develop a reputation for good or evil to go with it. if you want to be trusted earn a rep for being trustworthy and own your name. If you want to be feared . same… If this doesn’t work sell your character and buy one in the forums with a better name.

1 Like

Honestly, I would pay to have your name changed.

That being said, no.

Basically I’d like to change my name simply because I’ve discovered better ones/nicknames in Eve more relatable to my experience, but I get why people wouldn’t want that and I agree with both sides tbh. I’d like the feature but also value that someone’s name is of great value in Eve, makes better players in a game where anything is possible.

One of the oldest, and dumbest replies to the name change topic.

4 Likes

I normally consider myself a member of the “choices have consequences” crowd, but given that you can already change character skills and appearance, move characters between accounts, etc., this seems reasonable so long as the safeguards you mentioned are included. A character’s name “history” would be preserved (both in the API and on the character sheet in-game) even if they decided that ZOMG_DRONEKILLAH_XXX isn’t quite the name they want to go by anymore.

+1

DISCLAIMER: I did not check to see if ZOMG_DRONEKILLAH_XXX is a character name currently in use, and if it is I apologize preemptively to said character.

+1

2 Likes

I will give a +1 on this.

More money for ccp + I get to change my name + and with the option of seeing a name history like that of corporation history, I don’t see anything game breaking.

Win + Win + Win

3 Likes