No custom ship prizes in upcoming AT šŸ’” (outdated as of 3rd of june)

And donā€™t forget, gave the match fixers and match throwers a practical way to turn their cheating into ISK. :wink:

I have sympathy for those that have bought in to this event, but judging from the stream last year the numbers of people paying attention to this event are a minuscule fraction of the player base. There seems little chance Eve as an e-sport has a broader future given the arcane and obscure nature of the fights, and even after betting went away the scandals keep happening.

I think it time for CCP to put this thing to bed. Outsource it to the players and perhaps contribute some skins and other cosmetic prizes, as well as some publicity, but in this age of ever dwindling developer time and resources, letā€™s focus on the real game and not legacy things that only a couple hundred players care about.

1 Like

Like the medal you get for attending?

1 Like

Yaay i feel so specialā€¦ i have the attendance medal, does EVERY one else in the alliance

1 Like

So basicly, no AT ships = no AT at all
Or, I seriously doubt that anyone would like to ever perform in the AT at the standard level, unless they start giving the high prize again.

1 Like

and nothing of value was lost.

hopefully the next ccp dev canned is the person behind these pirate citadels and new pve ai so they can get rid of that too.

1 Like

This is the only chance EVE has as an e-sport.

Removing the pay to win aspect. Remove match collusion.

Just release Thunderdome for the rest of us mere mortals. Then we can run our own duels and tournaments.

Thanks for contributing to the sandbox experience.

**** the AT

L O V E, just write it like that.

Btw this seems to still be a rumor or at least different versions of what Fozzie said cursate. It might very well be SKINs and Shirts (how about a golden watch?) this year or just someone interpreting a bit much or someone who wants to discourage competition or drive up ship prizes or drive down Tobi Web prices or whatever.

My question is: who will make it to the top 4 if there are no AT prizeships? Any bets?

1 Like

they already have they do qualifiers now rather than the drawing/auction

hahahahaha we were already supposed to get this until the marketing realized how much they could sell them for

you already can you donā€™t need any additional tools

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/wts-at-ships/

I just want to leave this hereā€¦

2 Likes

No prize ships will be rewarded for AT XVI. Not no prize ships will be allowed. Ofc, that does not preclude AT ships being disallowed entirely since the rules have not been released yet.

I agreeā€¦ this is a step in the wrong directionā€¦ but maybe instead trig goo mods or something will be given outā€¦ Hopefullyā€¦ there needs to be a prizeā€¦
And on the subject ā€¦ most popular games today are arena basedā€¦ why ccp is hurting the only aspect of this in the game is beyond meā€¦ if anything we should see more tourneysā€¦ like the amarr championship. That would be cool that could create popular buzzā€¦ the new ships/ mod goo are super cool and I can see the potentialā€¦ that is the right direction.

Skins are still being given out, theyā€™re the prizes now

My bet is that itā€™s between Hydra and PL. This is more than the AT ships, itā€™s kudos.

Skinsā€¦whooo!!! :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

@CCP_Fozzie

The newest rumor is that winners will get a space trailer which carries extra cap boosters and such. Supposedly some CCP guy said it during Fanfest after the official part.

1 Like