Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

As a member of LUMEN who’s occasionally collaborated with your very alliance. I remember dropping and losing an Apostle with your alliance (and your friends like Templis Calsf and the “Rekking Crew” entity) to defend (unsuccesfully) a Minmatar aligned Azbel against Snuffed Out.

Also working with the same Minmatars and a group of pirates (“Cruisers Crew” I believe) dropping on Dock Workers mining operations throughout the warzone. Cooperating pretty closely I might add. Firebon Orlenard and you seemed buddy-buddy there for a while.

I did get briefed on that leak you alluded to. That’s what it was BTW, a leak. Sorry Else. LUMEN would not have dropped to hit on you, I can assure you that, at the time it would probably have been my call to make if we had. But there were 30 other bored pilots sitting on that bridge in everyshore once you removed LUMEN. Bored because the fight they were going to got cancelled due to a no show… By Dock Workers.

3 Likes

Brother, as always, you speak truthfully and with honour. Indeed, your contributions and comradeship are sorely missed by me personally, and by the militia at large.

Tis true, CTRLV has collaborated with Minmatar on several occasions to combat pirate entities who’s forces could not be matched by Amarr or Minmatar forces alone. Minmatar and Amarr loyalists alike criticized this arrangement, apparently suggesting we face certain defeat alone rather than attempt to prevail together. However, the passage of time provides a unique perspective - and I must say after several such ill-conceived collaborations with Minmatar forces, our allies who advised caution were correct. The Minmatar are treacherous as they are cunning, and not to be underestimated.

The same flavor of scenario of collaboration that existed between CTRLV and minmil also existsed in the collaboration between Minmatar and Amarr acting through EDENCOM to combat Triglavian forces. I do not contest the legitimacy of this endeavor during the invasion. However, with the conclusion of the triglavian invasion, I question the degree to which this collaboration is approved by the throne. I also find the notion that any Amarr that harbors suspicions over the legitimacy of this arrangement is teetering on heresy… as… potentially heretical itself, contingent on the true position of the throne, which I will formally beseech for clarification.

2 Likes

I can see your point with regards to the continuation of collaboration in Pochven. At the moment, my understanding of the Amarr position is that EDENCOM is still legitimate… But take that with a grain of salt, after all I’m just a Caldari sell-sword and not a theologian or even an amarrian.

A pronouncement from her majesty would be most welcome as clarification on this issue, though this may not be the most pressing issue for the empire.

Now speaking personally as a Caldari. Any excuse to shoot a triglavian or kybernaut is a good one, no matter how thin. I lost too many, the State has lost too much, for any forgiveness.

4 Likes

A fantastic question.

3 Likes

Of course it is, though justifying the tactical subordination of Imperial subjects to foreign, hostile officers by Her Most Sublime and Imperial Majesty’s wise and prescient support of strategic cooperation by way of EDENCOM is disingenuous at best.

What conclusion?

An invasion conludes when the invaders are sent back to the Abyss from whence they came or when diplomatic agreements are made that create a new normal. Not when the invaders pause their offensive.

As long as Triglavians still occupy our stars, the invasion is not over.

7 Likes

It does not, at least to me, seem intuitive that the funding of a CONCORD command to oversee strategic cooperation in the repulsion of Triglavian invasions should constitute the Throne’s support in subordinating yourselves to Electus Matari.

To conflate those things is, as you adequately put… disheartening.

Harboring suspicions is neither here nor there, you can think whatever you like. It is when you act on those thoughts by daring to make public accusations against loyalists with far longer histories of service to Amarr than your own that you cross a line. You have now done this repeatedly.

I’ve given you repeated passes on your uncouth behaivior thanks to your background and the work you do in the warzone for Holy Amarr.

If you want to be treated with respect by those of us who have dedicated our entire lives to defending Amarr, and who come from lineages that have done the same, I would suggest you stop lashing out at us like a starving Syrikos Hound.

I’m starting to see what went wrong with Kernher and Elkin

1 Like

I am indeed very grateful to have your permission to think what I like without additional charges of heresy. At present my thoughts are of how amusing it is that you think that you’re in a position to be giving passes to me, or that it is I that ought to be seeking your respect. You seem a bit confused as to our relative positions in the Empire.

Delusions of grandeur aside, we are both lowly instruments of the throne, and ill equipped to clarify its wishes on this matter. When confusion arises, I find it best to seek clarification. Assuming the position of the throne on such matters absent its guidance could prove perilous for those contending to put words in the mouth of the Empress…

You do not know when to stop digging, I’ll give you that.

It’s ok. I cannot say I was exactly thrilled about this, but I also cannot say I’d not have done, or would not do, the same had the roles been reversed. The whole co-op is an opsec nightmare.

Glad you said it yourself, so I did not have to. :wink:

The Amarr Empire still is a supporter of Edencom, and Edencom-aligned pilots have been called to keep up the fight. Neither The Throne, nor the Sanmatar, have included any kind of “except that, don’t do that” clause to it. What news we have is that resistance is still on and that we are preparing for a new fight. Again, no one has to like that, but liking facts is not required for accepting them.

As much as I love this idea, I am sad to inform you there is no hierarchical command structure between the entities involved in Lux Invicta, any more than there is one between entities in the warzone who have (and I expect will) co-operate against pirate forces.

2 Likes

Are the invaders not currently residing in the abyss?

Should I take this to mean that you’ve received word then from the Republic that they will withdraw from planets to which the throne lays claim which the Minmatar currently occupy? If not, it would seem to me that you have taken it upon yourself to adjudge the Triglavians as a threat more immediate than the republic for sins that they share.

2 Likes

No, but you can take it to mean that as long as one of our people remains enslaved, we’ll keep buying more bullets.

I do. If you’re going to pick up a weapon, do it to protect your homes, your friends, your family and your fellow citizens. Going around committing acts of piracy makes you a criminal, nothing more. But at least most pirates are simply pirates because they see it as a profitable career choice, rather than running around denouncing the society that produced them.

2 Likes

Does it look like they are still in the Abyss? Have you even been to the occupied systems? Or are you just writing off Amarr systems as part of the Abyss because the Triglavians broke the gates? There is also the matter of their continued footholds in systems all over New Eden.

The Triglavians are an existential threat to the core of the Empire. The Republic occupies provincial territory in the Rebel Provinces and threatens backwaters. Both are important, but Domain is more important. Anything that threatens the Throne Worlds is our top priority. And the Triglavian foothold in Amarr space is a closer to home threat than the Republic occupation of the Rebel Provinces. Choosing to focus our efforts on one does not mean that we have written off the other. The Excubitoris Chapter serves the Empress directly, and we trust our superiors to tell us if our actions are in error. We are certainly not bound to prioritising the War in the Provinces over other emergent threats to Amarr.

You keep taking upon yourself the roles of the Tetrimon and the MIO by trying to judge those who are outside of your jurisdiction. The Excubitoris Chapter is part of the formal heirarchy of the Empire as part of the Sacred Throne Order and not just regulated by CONCORD independent capsuleer law. Our superiors recieve reports of our actions, and we trust that they will convey to us any course corrections that need to be made.

But we do not, and will never, answer to a gallente warlord whose only distinction is organising capsuleers to kill eachother in the Provinces over the last few years. Every time you poke at us you weaken your position by demonstrating that you do not, in fact, know your place in Amarr.

3 Likes

Rude.

2 Likes

Yes.

A puzzling perspective, given your own comments in the next paragraph. I’ve already said, several times, that guidance from the Throne ought to (and will be) sought on this matter. You are the one that seems to think that you speak for the throne on military priorities.

My apologies, I didn’t realize that commanding actual fleets to defend systems like Floseswin, Arzad, etc from your Minmatar chums was such a vile and heinous act in the eyes of propper Amarr. If you’re hoping for some kind of apology, I wouldn’t hold your breath. I’m doing my duty to the throne. After all, one of us has to.

As you seem to want to take shots at my record though, please do remind us again of your accolades. What exactly has your venerable chapter been up to? What “actions” have you been able to report of late? Are you mustering an Amarrian capital fleet from the safety of highsec? Lead any fleets against enemies of the Empire (Triglavian, Minmatar, or otherwise?) Please, spare me this tiresome exercise.

I caution you: tread carefully. While you are not the leader of your alliance, as a CEO, words uttered in carelessness do indeed have the potential to affect LUMEN’s standing in the eyes of those loyal to the Empire. This discourse has drawn more gazes upon you than mine.

2 Likes

Fight on, sweet children of God.

2 Likes

I have never done so. I have spoken only of the priorities of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne, you are the one who has been repeatedly attacking those priorities and attempting to declare them not sufficiently Amarr. You chose to misread a paragraph about supporting EDENCOM being explicitly expressed Imperial Policy over the last year as me speaking for the Empress, which would indeed be wrong if I had ever done such a thing. I think you did so deliberately, but it is possible that you simply misread.

No, I wouldn’t expect anything like an apology from someone who has proven at every turn to be an ill-mannered cur.

But I also did not denigrate your role in the warzone, so do quit putting words into my mouth. What I have said, repeatedly, is that the Warzone is important, but not the only important thing and that success in the warzone does not give you the right to attack those who serve in other capacities. If you choose to take that as an insult, that is on you.