Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I believe you show a bit too much gusto at the loss of an EM outpost that represented dependency upon them to persue Imperial aims, but I am glad anti-Triglavian operations will continue. Hopefully under more equal terms.

Seriously? Still? The nature of Smokey has been repeatedly explained to you and you just refuse to take that into accout and continue arguing from your own story with no basis in reality. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously, when you act like a child yelling at their Mom to make the wind stop?

6 Likes

Apologies at you frustration with me, but your thoughts seem to be expressed under the assumption I believe your word has any meaning.

The owning corporation and alliance are clearly denoted. This means the owners had final say in access to and management of this Astrahus class citadel. This represented actual, tangible leverage upon any Amarr that chose to make use of this base, requiring trust to maintain.

I have stated plainly that I do not trust the motives of said owners. I suggested previously, in public, that ownership and management should be in the hands of an equal collective of involved parties or a trustworthy third party. It was stated this was considered, but no further discussion or action was apparent.

Electus Matari held ownership at the time of its destruction. It was an Electus Matari base. Anything further declared about its nature, usage and future was moot until actual substantive power over the aset was in different hands.

Hey now Aldrith, I’ll have you know i’m fundamentally hostile to most empires, the one i’m somewhat fine with being the Caldari.

How to handle the in between places of life whn so many degrees of shade exist between the sky with full sun and moon?

The enemy of my enemy may me an ally under the territory of the enemy, the ally who attacks the enemy with an enemy becomes an enemy, and so many actions derived from the combinatorial analysis.

The more rigid a path is, the easier it crumbles before the changing weather.

A strenght of the bamboo is that it does not break easily by being flexible and bending at the everlasting changing weather.

Look upon your hearts and get in touch with how rigid they may be, and what does it cost for you and others for it to be like this.

3 Likes

“I believe, I have suggested, I have stated.” So many I’s in your unilateral declarations about what other faithful should prioritise.

2 Likes

We literally had this very same discussion on this very forum not many weeks ago.

As you were told, Smokey was a Lux Invicta structure. Capsuleer structures always have someone in control. Many solutions have been and were under consideration for Smokey’s management. And the point is moot now; none of them will be implemented.

And no amount of pointing at the tag on the killmail will change that. You keep on asking, but you don’t listen to any of the answers, and in that you come through as the little boy on the beach crying “but Mama I don’t want the wind blowing”. Reality does not give a ■■■■ about what you want.

3 Likes

The only real power over a resource is the ability to withhold its use, the only way anyone except Electus Matari had to do so, is detailed in the record Lord-Consort Newelle produced for you.

The tag matters; no matter the realities you attempt to deny, the only clear objective your vaunted Lux Invicta have had since the last system suffered an invasion has been to defend Electus Matari infrastructure– a product of the very leverage you claim to have been illusory.

1 Like

In this case I think, property damage is more a national pastime than an objective.

We had a clear objective to destroy kybernaut infrastructure and we achieved it.

Again, reality does not give a ■■■■ about your opinions.

1 Like

Given the dithering that followed, it’s generous to call it a preference.

Your defense to the charge that the only thing Lux Invicta has done is defend an EM structure is. . . .

. . . . point to the structure you killed in revenge for our attacks on the dead Skarkon astrahus and on Smokey.

2 Likes

Before the Skarkon Astrahus went down, EM’s position more or less was “wait and see”. You killed it, and you cited putting pressure against us for actions we took against kybernaut-aligned capsuleers as the reason. This convinced us that wait-and-see was the wrong policy: you were and remained a threat1. At that point, we changed policy and went for active attack.

Not even our motivation was simple revenge - you could call it “retaliation”, but the reason for it was to diminish Stribog’s strength in Pochven. Other Lux partners joined us for their own reasons2.

In no case was the Pochven war “defense” for Smokey. It clearly put the structure in risk, one that has now been realized.3

1) Not saying you were wrong in remaining a threat. It made strategic sense based on what you knew at the time. It just convinced us that you were not simply locals in a lost territory, but would interfere with us, both in Pochven and also in k-space if you could.
2) I expect none of theirs involved “revenge for Skarkon” - Skarkon was an EM structure - but I’ll let them speak for themselves if they like.
3) Worth it.

6 Likes

I suppose it is an interesting point maybe, that it could have one either way. It is always a touch and go when you pick who to shoot first, and there were things in motion that could have made it go the other way for us.

like falling dice
is my fate
like undealt cards
is our love
will you still be here in the fall?

(from the saga play Maryan in Shishaan)

2 Likes

As one who was present on grid, I do attest that the eliminated structure indeed belonged to Electus Matari and thus constituted a hostile asset to Caldari State, Amarr Empire and any pilot who would be loyal to the State or Empire.

If any State citizen within my physical reach will claim that this structure wasn’t hostile to them, I will drag them with my own hands to a court-martial.

I cannot do that to Imperial citizens, of course, but I believe you have your own organizations that should be quite efficient in rooting out all the heretics, traitors and collaborationists.

That would constitute assault, and undue aggression, if intended literally. And, Court-Martial is specific to active military and militia, not the general citizenry. You could, of course, try to report them to the appropriate station or colonial PMC authority, and then they perform the appropriate investigations, and if necessary, tribunals, but a court martial would be thrown out fairly quickly in most megas unless the citizen were in their mandatory service period.

3 Likes

Yes, we did not in fact fake a CONCORD killmail. Congratulations for your stellar field intelligence.

1 Like

Meh, I always forget there are some civvies running around too… occasionally. I guess I’ll just arrest them as suspects in collaboration and transfer them into Civic tribunal then of their respective Mega (with exception to Ishukone).

No need to congratulate me.
I am a professional!