Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I’ve not made it a secret that I love my parents dearly and they love me like parents do, I’ll forever be their “little Athy.” They’ve always supported me in whatever I’ve decided to pursue, up to and including even capsule training, despite knowing that I might not have survived the process sane, without mindlock or even alive.

Neither have I kept it secret I visit home regularly to unwind and to just be a regular person. At first the family was a bit freaked about all the added cybernetics, and particularly my siblings said I had changed… But that’s been water under the bridge for over ten years.

Likewise as Arrendis, while my family and clan were never hurting for cash, the extra income that’s been used to strenghten our clans businesses in space has been welcomed.

1 Like

[quote=“Loai_Qerl, post:2087, topic:5128, full:true”] for those who have them still, what do they think about what you’re doing? Do you keep in touch still?
[/quote]

Nope, haven’t seen them or been back there in like twenty years.

1 Like

Well, I’m alive, so they are happy enough… the whole “CONCORD will shoot me on sight if I enter highsec” thing has them both a bit bummed out though. So they get calls, and letters on the holidays.

2 Likes

We meet on family holidays. It’s somewher different every year coming from a family of drifters that’s pretty “same procedure as every year”.

1 Like

I try my best to keep in touch with my mother, it’s been more difficult lately with how busy things have been for me, but she’s very pleased with the path I’ve taken since becoming a capsuleer, much more than what I did pre-capsuleer, though she sometimes wishes I were closer so I could visit more easily. She never was really big on space travel, but recognizes its importance. She still frowns upon my tendency toward alcohol in my down time though. She was and still is a seamstress of some repute back home, and still has a steady hand even in her advanced age, I learned a bit from her in my early life but it never was something I had much interest in, that was more something my sisters took to.

As for my father, he unfortunately passed away a couple years ago now. He was one of my bigger inspirations regarding martial arts, the black, and admittedly cybernetics as well. He was a station worker for a good portion of his life, at one point suffering traumatic injury during what was supposed to be a routine maintenance that lead to him having to be fitted with cybernetic replacements, some of my earliest clear memories are of helping him maintain them when I’d be over with him, and tinkering with various electronics. He was a good man.

Shame about the rest of her.

4 Likes

Since Elsebeth asked.

incidentally, I find that humour is the best medicine.

1 Like

Hate to say it, but ya humor won’t help this one…

2 Likes

That’s debatable.

3 Likes

I see. I’m sorry.

I … don’t remember anything from that time anymore. Intellectual knowledge, facts, skills, sure. Personal memories … none at all. I see you were with Ghost Festival, and it sounds like we were close. But …

I’m not quite the same person you remember, probably. I’m sorry for that, also, only … maybe not so very much. It’s only relatively recently that I’ve been really comfortable talking about the person I was at that time as my self.

If you want to talk, I don’t mind. It’s not like any of this stuff is really a secret or anything anyway. But, also, it seems like a lot of the people who were closest to me find it painful dealing with me. So if you’d rather not, that’s okay, too.

1 Like

Then we’ll just have to get to know one another again.

But please don’t be sorry. We’re the prototypes. The oldest pilots. All the crazy side effects and syndromes that will be eventually discovered and named? The things that effect heavily cloned capsuleers? We’re the ones that they’re learning those things from. It’s a voyage of discovery bought with our pain.

I’ll bring you some of that tea you used to like. I don’t know if you’ll remember it or not, or even if your tastes are the same, but maybe it’ll bring you a little pleasure. You deserve that.

1 Like

Wow, you’re 140+? You look very good for your age!

I’m just messing with ya… But capsuleers are way older breed than us cloned clowns. And our lives are relatively cozy thanks to the advancements bought with their sacrifices. Poor bastards had no easy way out… So I took a bit of an offense on their behalf.

While I understand, and basically support, the intention behind the ‘water isn’t wet, it make other things wet’ idea… you done gone and invoked pedantry, so…

And since the statement you got pedantic in response to was…

Unless it’s one molecule of water, on its own and isolated, then most of the time when water is encountered, the vast majority of the molecules are, indeed, “covered or saturated with water”—the other molecules around each of them. Thus, while each molecule of water is making everything around it a little ‘wetter’, each of them is, itself, ‘wet’.

If, y’know, we’re being pedantic.

2 Likes

Nononononono. Anything the water is on is wet. Water itself isn’t. This is plain as day, people.

1 Like

Each molecule of water is on the other molecules of water, making them wet.

2 Likes

K but U rong doe.

2 Likes

I appreciate the insightful and well-supported nature of your response.

3 Likes

das’coo but u rong doe bcuz reasons

3 Likes

U wanna b startin’ smth toots?

1 Like

I would, but the brain-damage incurred from one post like that disqualifies me from much beyond breathing and placing food in the correct orifice two out of every three times, for the moment. Let’s talk after recuperation and treatment.

2 Likes