Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

But should they?

People call me all sorts of mean names despite my preferences to the contrary.

Can’t see why they should not, if they think it insults me or adequately expresses our hostile relationship or whatever the hell they are after with that. They are not my kin or allies.

Rather amusingly, Nauplius has caught the essence of this debate. Names have power.

My slave name is Raphael 7. Though frowned upon, it was permitted for elders of our breeding group to give me the name Kumakatok, after the circumstances of my birth. My owners used the former name and it is who I am in all official documentation.

Yet on being put forward for capsuleer training, it amused my Father Confessor to register me with my so-called ‘tribal’ name. It amuses him further to put the stress on the middle syllable, so as to mimic an echo of the Matari khumaak. These are all expressions of power.

Several of the prominent Minmatar here like to use insulting names or childish diminutives for their enemies, even up to the Empress herself. As he notes, Nauplius is almost always characterised into a ridiculous figure by nicknames.

We respect other people’s wishes or we do not. I will respect the Marshal Protector’s stated desire, just as I try (and after a lifetime of due obeisance, believe me when I say this is harder than it seems) to respect the Director Arrendis’ desire to be know simply by her first name, despite her great achievements - and that she is currently an enemy.

Names have power.

4 Likes

Personally I just find it amusing that someone who wants to present themselves as the “Beast of Dhabka” and impress how great they are at shooting slaves has a meltdown over a name they don’t like.

2 Likes

I remain amused that you also called it ‘collusion’ when ARC initiated its suit against the FIO over failures to comply with the HFA.

Very simply, Kim, the Federation and State have continued trade relations, and corporations are doing business on both sides of the border. What’s more, I’ve made no representation as to what authority (if any) I believe the Federation has in this matter. What I’ve said is very simply this: the Federation has an interest in the welfare of its citizens. This doesn’t necessarily stop at the border.

This is much as the State has interest in its citizens, within the State, Federation, Empire, Republic, or anywhere else; likewise, the Empire, the Republic, and so on.

It’s really quite simple.

It seems you’re playing the same trumpet each time you’re caught redhanded, Priano.

I am pretty much aware about liberals politics and trading with entities outside of the State.

But there is a war going on for ten years already. Wake up. Dealing with enemies is not being a liberal, it’s being a traitor or collaborator.

And I am really sick of these pseudo-liberals who hide their ulterior motives under rhetoric of following liberal ideals.

Caught redhanded? Doing what? Saying that governments have an interest in the welfare of their citizens?

Uh. K?

2 Likes

Uhhh, you know, how much I want sometimes just grab you, put handcuffs on you and just push into tribunal room!

You seem to be hinting at something here.

Speak straight before you embarrass yourself further.

Last time I checked, Wiyrkomi, Kaalakiota, and NOH have a presence in and continue to do business in the Federation. There’s also a variety of other supply chains contingent on State-Federal trade beside that.

2 Likes

Do keep in mind that the walking one-track mind insists the ‘warzones’ are real wars, not just a violent bloodsport league administered by CONCORD, on behalf of four empires who never want it to be won.

6 Likes

To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure what, if any, laws I’ve ever violated. I’m not saying I’m a paragon of virtue; clearly not! Like all of us, I have plenty of vices.

Just, not sure what crimes I’ve ever committed.

1 Like

Crimes?
At least - slander.

Pretty sure I’ve legal defense against all your accusations, and that you’d be laughed out of a court room.

1 Like

Amusing.
Wanna come and try?

Come and try? I’m not sure you understand legal systems.

You’d need to initiate the suit in a court with jurisdiction, with a suitable body of evidence such that the court would take up the case. The messy thing, of course, is that we’re both independent capsuleers, so I’m not sure if we’d fall under CONCORD or CBT jurisdiction. Of course, there are also Ishukone courts, but I suspect I know your response there.

And, of course, the hilarious array of potential defenses is such that I’m fairly sure you’d be laughed out of the court.

After all, the Dominix thing? Really?

1 Like

Am I the only one that is sincerely growing tired of this back and forth?

6 Likes

No, lol. @Makoto_Priano for F-ing real dude, literally you’re only responding to DK to stroke your own ego at the expensive of everybody else. You run ARC. Ain’t that enough? haha

Mr. Schmidt, stroke my own ego? How?

But in all seriousness, I agree with both of you that it’s tiresome. I only indulge periodically, after having gotten over my wrestling-pigs-in-the-mud period.

Besides. This is the off-topic thread. Not sure there’s much harm done here.

2 Likes