Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

What I learned from history, is that some people can succeed at what others consider impossible.

2 Likes

Yeah, but how long do you keep beating your head before it’s considered an impossibility?

2 Likes

Indefinitely.

I was expecting you would post next and possibly do that. :slightly_smiling_face:

You are forgiven

2 Likes

Perhaps, as long as reasonably possible for a given method? Somewhere between never and less than indefinite? Based on that criteria, that’s probably indefinitely isn’t it?

I’m not really trying to change anybody, just get concessions where I can. Though, based on the general consensus, I might be mistaken even trying that.

2 Likes

Concessions may be obtained. History has taught us that those are generally short lived and hastily revoked. All gains are fleeting and barely worth the effort to obtain them. But as a stubborn woman who doesn’t always know when to quit, I salute your efforts.

2 Likes

The thing is that you can’t get a temperature reading before you get so close that you get burnt.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

I got this from the Concessions Stand.

3 Likes

2 Likes

No can do, babe! I’m a Goon, we never do anything nice, remember? If we did, the cluster would explode or something.

2 Likes

interesting what caldari and gallente field in their war, pictures and popular shows as weapons.:wink:

2 Likes

I think it’s something the Republic should consider themselves, after all the Amarr have Reclaiming. Maybe promoting their own popular culture could be the Republic’s counter?

I know, I’m being naive again.

2 Likes

I confess I thought about this also, yet the scripture is somewhat a very established memetical enemy to counter it with a bit of lazily made pop culture.

As outright counter is not an option other options need ot be considered.

2 Likes

Our popular culture shakes capital ships apart.

I’m looking at you, @Mizhara_Del_thul

2 Likes

You say this as if it’s a bad thing.

2 Likes

I’m sure properly validated, verified and applied research could address this and turn Republic pop culture into a formidable weapon.

As outright counter is not an option other options need ot be considered.

I don’t see the Empire dropping or demoting Reclaiming any time soon, if ever. If enough people are committed to keeping peace then the war moves to the cultural front, as others have already noted. Promoting pop culture would at least be a start?

2 Likes

Does this involve playing certain songs or using internal combustion engines?

2 Likes

Mayhaps as in a good minmatar chilisauce can get any ship running again.:wink:

2 Likes

Chili sauce? I’ve had that before, it’s not too bad. Of course, I was raised on curry. Would that be a suitable substitute?

2 Likes

The Gallante already do that for us, if by promote you mean bas*******…

2 Likes

Ha ha! Yeah, I already thought of that and that’s why I thought that the Republic would be better off doing it themselves. So no, not the way the Federation promotes Minmatar and the Republic in their pop culture.

2 Likes