Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Arrendis, there’s nothing I can say that is likely to, or should, improve your opinion of my integrity.

Also, I really kind of can’t be bothered. You seem to be taking a pretty binary, even mechanical view of a pretty complicated area of human interaction. It’s … not only simplistic and unfair, it seems simple-minded in a way I’m pretty sure you’re not.

As for myself … I trust you to find joy in prying at the cracks in the world, which makes you fun to talk with. Some of the time I think you do this for the same reasons I do: to see how things work, and to see if people can shore up and defend their positions.

I don’t trust you to know when to stop, though-- even if the situation’s been screaming “STOP!” for hours or days. I don’t trust you not to enjoy others’ misery, which might be related. I don’t trust you to argue only what you really think, and not to try weird positions just because it seems like fun at the time.

Even so, I also trust that you don’t really mean me harm. I trust that you don’t mean this stuff personally-- that no matter how hurtful what you say might be, I’m not supposed to carry lasting wounds from it.

So I try not to hold it against you, either. (Not like I’m good at holding grudges anyway.)

I trust you to be rationalistic-- to believe, in the end, in reason. Even if I don’t think you have as many of the answers as you sometimes seem to credit yourself.

I’ll trust you at my back against the Drifters; I’ll trust you not to hurt Ali; I’ll trust you to take sharp words better than most.

I don’t trust you to say what you really think. I don’t trust that you’re really very skeptical right now.

I do trust that you actually value me at least a little as a friend.

I could be wrong about any of this, but I haven’t bet all that much on most of it.

The world’s not simple. Neither are people. You don’t do complicated things favors by trying to reduce them to something simple and … well. Really kind of arbitrary.

Nobody’s completely trustworthy. Probably not even Chribba (and imagine what kind of damage he could do if he decided to cash in his reputation! WOW!). Some are more trustworthy than others, though.

Who can you trust, and how far? … Place your bets. You inevitably are doing just that, pretty much all the time.

3 Likes

I’d still steal that “name a planet”-module if there ever was one haha :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

… Was he watching us this whole time?

1 Like

He’s always watching, so you better watch out, you better not cry.

1 Like

Don’t you know Chribba is secretly a Mittani jump-clone, and I report back on all of our discussions every week at the Illuminati staff meetings?

2 Likes

Well that explains a lot of things.

1 Like

… shiiiiit, just sayin’, if Chribba ever reveals himself as the Dark Lord of New Eden, I’m probably in. Can’t really go wrong at this point.

1 Like

He’d carve the greatest empire the cluster has ever seen, with fanatic followers coming out of the woodwork everywhere. It’d be like the Matari revolt, repeated in every corp and alliance across known space.

1 Like

He’s a classy-looking guy.

1 Like

Have you people any idea how hard it is to concentrate on keeping an eye on local while parked between the towers of a friendly Astrahus when four 100-metre tall holograms of Elsebeth Rhiannon are staring at you disapprovingly?

7 Likes

Well someone’s gotta keep an eye on you people.

7 Likes

Not actually responding to any of his ‘pay attention to meeeeeeeee’ mustache-twirling on the IGS would go a long way toward that, which is what people were doing with this one, at first.

5 Likes

That thread went almost two solid days without a response. Wish it had been permanent.

11 Likes

For all the taxes we pay one would expect that the Communications Relay Committee could make sure that a burst transmission from a Capsuleer in the middle of a transneural burn would not be broadcast across the fluid router network allowing for the public display of the final, confused neuron firings in an already half dead brain.

5 Likes

I am reminded daily that the more politically hawkish one becomes, the more one reads like a particularly petulant and entitled toddler bemoaning they are not permitted to play with their shiny toys.

Reading the IGS, it appears to be a fact that crosses cultural boundaries.

2 Likes

Care to explain what does this refer to this time?

EDIT: if it is a response to me in the Angel thread, that’s not the point of my post at all. I feel quite allowed to “play with my shiny toys” in Thebeka and having a couple of more shiny toys I did not order is not a problem for that, it’s a bonus. I do not have a problem with shooting Angels, trust me. Having a reason to is just fine.

I was simply pointing out that the blanket dec indeed seems very blanket-y considering the events so far, and was wondering why this. The only explanation I can think of is PR for an aspiring outfit, which fits the rate Daeuuas has been hiring lately.

(Not that, again, that is a bad strategy for a pirate corporation with many recent good hires and needing to build a name. But obviously there might be something I’m missing. So curious.)

1 Like

Executive Rhiannon,

While I will admit I do not know you well, you have given me the impression that you are principled woman, intelligent enough to know when, and when not to restrain the use of violence.

As such, I cannot imagine my words directed towards you as any sort of censure for I can do naught but hold you in respect and esteem, with the kindest approbations.

1 Like

While those are kind words they do exactly nothing to answer my question :wink:

1 Like

Executive Rhiannon,

I believe I have provided clarification that my statement was not directed towards you.

While it appears you may have invited me to provide corollary to your commentary regarding the shooting of Angels in Thebeka, I am afraid I must decline, for I cannot comment on either organizations or events for which I have no involvement.

1 Like

The original question was a clarification as to what they were about, not just whether they were about my comments.

But fair enough.

1 Like