Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

By asking a yes or no question? Why won’t you even answer it?

1 Like

Because you did kill people indirectly, and it is bloody obvious.

I killed people by setting up an Astrahus to verify that Sarum forces did not commit war crimes on Alkabsi?

Or by sitting in a Legion in Samira’s citadel, from time to time?

Your clan was helping our efforts. Or are you saying you had nothing to do with that?

Come on, Arra.

4 Likes

I’m saying Anna doesn’t even speak to me, Samira. As far as she’s concerned, I’m a traitor to our people for going to work for a private corporation in the State ten years ago.

1 Like

You didn’t need an entire citadel to watch.

You didn’t need a Mammoth to sit in a Legion doing nothing.

You didn’t need entire fleets of Goonswarm lackies to play innocent.

Stop insulting our intelligence.

3 Likes

Goonswarm only sent a fleet to Sarum Prime to attack PIRAT. That’s the only organized effort the alliance made.

Some logistics pilots who took offense to people trying to play ‘neutral’ logi did show up to express their objections… but they didn’t fire a shot.

As for the citadel… I wanted someplace directly above the planet where I didn’t feel pressured to wear pants. Also, you wouldn’t let me dock in yours. If you had, I’d have just watched from there.

The astra’s still in place, mind you. No reason for it not to be. It’s just a nice little spot to relax and not endanger any lives from.

Stop being so paranoid, Aldrith.

BTW: you’re tinfoiling over Bjorn? Really? He’s a hauler. He hauls stuff wherever there’s people looking to get stuff hauled. It’s not like he was shuttling slaves off Thebeka with covert landing clearance from a local Holder.

That was in Kahah.

In Kahah you provided logi support to a freighter carrying an invasion force. And while I don’t count the Kingdom as part of the Empire, most others do. And in Thebeka, your Legion was on standby to provide me with logi assistance if I needed it. That ended up not happening, but, you know.

Maybe that’s not killing anything, but it’s pretty close.

3 Likes

I’m also not an idiot and did a visual scan of her Legion when it was visible. The call went out to expect RR interference if she was plugged in.

You’re a hostile, Arrendis. Get over it.

2 Likes

In both cases, I was there to limit the killing. Let’s not fool ourselves, Samira, there was no way Darkar’s freighter was getting to the upper atmosphere intact, much less the surface. It wasn’t happening. The only way for that ship to survive was to turn it around. To do that, he needed to have the time to make that decision. At no time did I engage in hostile action against anyone who had not engaged me first, with the primary intent to convince them to back off.

Similarly, yes, in Thebeka I was willing to work to try to protect your life. I can’t control what you decide to do any more than I can control what Aldrith decides to do. But I was willing to try to limit the killing, if it started. One of you believes they’re immortal. The other believes each death matters, that each death is death. That wouldn’t have changed my decision, but it did make for one more reason to help out.

And none of that works out any differently if I’m not there. No-one involved, not anyone in the freighter incident, and neither one of you makes any decision differently. You and Aldrith would still have been trying to kill one another, just as hard.

I fail to see where I indirectly caused any deaths. If my presence kept Aldrith from engaging, then I prevented them. But I really don’t think it even did that much.

And Aldrith, I really don’t care if you call me ‘a hostile’. After all, that’s what you call me while I’m doing what you ask me to do. So really, it matters about as much as all of the fighting in space over Thebeka did: not one little bit.

Alizabeth’s right on that score, you know. The only battleground that mattered were the ones on the planets, and the ones going on behind closed doors, among the various politicians. Either the politicians decided to act, or the outcomes of the ground wars are pre-determined. The only question there is how many dead on each side.

And nothing I, or you, did in any of those conflicts mattered in the slightest, Aldrith. Just like it won’t matter in the next one. Or the one after that. Or any of the ones to follow. To misquote Elsebeth, we are ghosts. And nothing more.

1 Like

The more time Mr. Baracca spents there, the less time he’s rotting the Empire from within with his abolitionism (or for that matter, his boning Imperial Ladies out of wedlock). Hopefully, he’ll go full native and move permanently to the Republic where he belongs.

My entire existence may have been leading to the point where Nauplius uses the slang term “boning”…

Worth it!

4 Likes

Are you actually an abolitionist?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have necessarily said so, but neither does saying not seem accurate. It seems to depend on who you ask. We’ve already an appointment, I suppose we’ll have to add that to the list of topics to discuss over cider.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes we will.

1 Like

SFRIM: cesspool of fornicating abolitionists. O how wicked; O how vile.

1 Like

Rot’s sake. Some of us have custody of slaves right now. We are hardly an abolitionist organization!

1 Like

Clearly, you’re part of the fornicating branch.

2 Likes

Pfu, fornicating is going about carrying on like a rude beast of the field. One doesn’t. One carries on decorously.

5 Likes

Don’t make me choose between the two, Arrendis.

3 Likes