Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Like I said, it’s a distraction. Of all the real problems, those idiots focus on something that isn’t actually important.

You pretty much summarized all of the IGS

4 Likes

Is it against the rules to say that DK has brain worms or is that too offensive?

3 Likes

It’s not offensive when it’s true.

That being said, anytime you all choose to engage that troll, you’re opening yourselves up to whatever bile she spews.

3 Likes

Facts can totally be stated in an offensive way.

8 Likes

Nobody shall really be offended by a fact, since it exists disregarding anyone’s will (well, except gallente, they spew hot steam whenever I point on inconsistencies of their beliefs or propaganda or point on their obvious crimes they pretend don’t exist).
But that troll (and his little brainless lapdog) are asking about spreading open lie about me, that clearly would be offensive.

I wish to hell there was a block function on this latest version of the IGS interface.

Since there isn’t I’ll just selectively mentally block any posts that are made by a certain “Caldari officer” and notorious thread derailer.

4 Likes

Cyber-knights don’t know how to handle a feather-duster?

Cuz I’m pretty sure Vlad actually doesn’t know how to render humanitarian aid.

4 Likes

Whoa, just look at that. Another Anabella Rella’s episode. I asked her to stop writing to me in a thread that had nothing to do with what she was writing about (mostly just trolling and insults, usual Rella style), and now she claims I am a derailer after her own derailing. She’s really one of a kind!

Also, because I do want to address this, but not clutter up a thread about SoERR:

Alizabeth is a GSF Skirmish Commander. She is perfectly capable and empowered to take out a fleet whenever she wants, to go shoot at pretty much whoever she wants. To that extent, she does have some measure of actual control over the means of power regarding capsuleer activities in Anath.

Given the nature of our military command structure, and the fact that I am not an FC, Alizabeth has more direct authority to conjure a horde of murderous cretins with a snap of her fingers than I do. Indirectly, I can, of course, prevail upon many of our senior-level FCs to do me a favor pretty much whenever I like, as well as being able to place timers and other combat operations on the calendar well in advance. It’s worth remembering, however, that our most senior FCs—the people who will drop a full battleship fleet on each gate to control a system—predate Alizabeth’s departure, and hearken back to a time when Alizabeth Vea was a director in Goonswarm.

Where matters of ‘break the rules in Anath and get shot’ are concerned, Alizabeth is just as likely to have capital ships dropped on your head as I am. Maybe moreso. She’s got a demonstrated history of being… forceful.

More critical to my mind, though, is that you also call into question the Imperium’s attitude toward the Empire, and my authority (with the implication of questioning my intention and attitude toward the Empire), so let me be clear on this:

The Imperium, including Goonswarm, has no intention of going to war with any of the empires. There’s nothing to be gained by such an action, for us. There is something to be gained in maintaining a peaceful, cooperative environment in the area just outside our borders. This is especially true during humanitarian Search & Rescue / Recovery efforts. War is a means to an end. It is the pursuit of politics by other means, as has been often quoted.

Terrorism[1], however, is a tool for the desperate. And it is not one with a history of successful application. That lack of success tends to lead to greater acts of intended destabilization, which in turn lead to greater crackdowns. Eventually the terrorists are rooted out, or their tactics begin to change toward dialog, and politics.

Allowing terrorism on our doorstep doesn’t benefit us at all. Keeping things peaceful does. Providing an environment where civilians have a better hope of survival and rescue does. And my personal priorities here are to try to make sure as many people have a chance of being rescued as possible. So really, if that’s your idea of an ‘untamed bear’… maybe you should consider actually learning what bears are?

1. When looking at situations like this, it’s important to be clear about what you mean and what you’re dealing with. A lot of what gets called ‘terrorism’… isn’t.
    • Terrorism is attacks that often include civilian targets where the primary goal is to sow fear and a lack of confidence in the institutions of governance. This is done to push a political agenda, but the target audience is specifically the populations being attacked.
    • Asymmetric warfare uses many of the same types of strikes, but the targets are limited to valid military targets. They’re hit for legitimate military purposes. And all reasonable precautions are made to minimize civilian casualties and damages.
    • ‘Freedom Fighters’ can often cross the line between asymmetric warfare and terrorism, but there are significant, if subtle, differences. For one thing, the agenda being advanced is not being pushed on the basis of fear and a lack of trust in the civilian populace. The target is not the target audience. Instead, the target audience is a population being oppressed/held back/constrained by the target. The intention is inspiration, not terror. Of course, this is a far more difficult thing to quantify and categorize in most cases, as the targets prefer to see the attacks about them, and not about any oppression they might be committing.

These deathglow attacks are terrorism. And we know, now, what their agenda is: it is expansion of Khanid power. The attacks in High-sec have demonstrated ‘no-where is safe’, and the first attacks in Khanid space provided King Khanid and his lap-mutt with cover and deniability. But the agenda is still clear:

They seek to establish a claim that they have been able to protect people, secure the space, and begin recovery in Anath where the current landlord House has not. They are using this claim to assert that this constitutes a service rendered. The constellation is being sought as payment for that service.

Civilian targets, with the aim being to convince civilian populations that the Kingdom, not the Empire, can protect them, so that the Court will be more inclined to placate both Khanid and the other civilian populations in the constellation.

7 Likes

I couldn’t help but fix a few things for you Kim.

3 Likes

Ahhh, Revenent.
How could I forget that traitor who jumps to insult loyal Caldari soldiers and spread slanders at any opportunity.

I hope you like the taste of gallentean boots you “lick” with your foolish lying words. But don’t worry, the time will come and Caldari boots will kick your sore butt so hard you will fly all over the cluster into Villore just as the rest of your beloved gallentean occupants.

There should be no place for such offensive scum as you in our cluster!
Glory to the State!

Than you for this post, Arrendis; it has been most informative. However, I am still under no illusion that Alizabeth’s authority in this matter may be overridden or undermined at any time, and so I still cannot take your word or even hers as granted and final. As for her dropping capital ships on me, I rather hope she would not do that for the mere crime of causing a proven enemy of the Empire a minor inconvenience. Seems rather excessive and… treacherous; I trust Alizabeth enough to believe she would not do that.

Thank you also for pointing out the multiple political implications of these events, but I am well aware of what they are. This is no simple matter, and it is why foreign actors can only get in the way of things, including capsuleer ones. Goonswarm’s presence undermines the Empire’s authority in the end, and while you present it as merely protecting Goonswarm’s interests, the truth is that you have your own interest to further. Your declaration about Chakaid was quite clear.

Well. Can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

Ah, no. I present it as Goonswarm’s interests aligning with the maintenance of a peaceful and cooperative environment for S&R operations. My own interests generally align with preservation of life.

And in the larger scheme of things, the eradication of Alar Chakaid and any who take his orders serves all of those interests.

And really, I’d hope she doesn’t drop capitals on you, either. So don’t make her do it.

1 Like

It will not come to that.

I’d just like to say, I missed all of you and everything.

1 Like

Even me?

Gonna move this over here so as not to continue derailing ARC’s thread.

Well gosh, ‘Squash’ (that’s how you do this, right, call someone some kind of gourd? Any bonus points for rhyming?) I guess you really told me, huh? Only, you know, I didn’t question anything about the relationship to the Amarr, did I? So, what, you’re erecting some weak-ass straw-man as an attempt to be smarmy and imply I don’t know how neuts relate to the Amarr? If that’s your best response to having it pointed out that nobody uses the term you’re trying to paint as commonly used, I’d hate to see how ineffectually you flail about when someone actually blows you up.

Freakin’ blooders. All the same.

3 Likes

Well … not quite all the same. This one hasn’t impressed me a lot either, though (not that this is an easy thing for Sabik to do).

Aside from what you said, the thing that has me rolling my eyes just a little is that the Triglavians aren’t particularly strong with “energy weapons” over and above their facility with smartbombs or tinker fleets. So even if there’s a special reason to identify such weapons with the Amarr, the Triglavians just kind of do “utility” high-power slots well in general.

(Also, usually an “energy turret” is just a turret equipped with … well … energy weapons.)

(I guess not being able to admit you said something a bit silly might really be a Sabik trait?)

(Am I being petty saying things like that?)

2 Likes

I don’t remember this Arrendis, but I do remember a bunch of moaning nonsense about the entropic death of the Universe. Oh, and there was some sycophantic twit. W… something.

At least “energy weapons” is an improvement on all that.

1 Like