Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I have yet to launch a bomb at anything in Minmatar space. My beliefs are strong. You have no idea what they are. You can’t see past your own self-righteous, undeserved hubris to inquire about them. I’m beginning to think that maybe I’ve been wrong about you, all this time. You’re smelling more and more like your old masters every day, Kernher.

1 Like

One of the things that St. Arzad was doing before his execution was learning about Matari spiritualism from the Starkmanir.

Ironically, I know nothing of Matari Spiritualism. Of course, I had some of general education courses at PTS, but I was never really interested in them, as I believed they were just Republic propaganda to try and erase my faith.

A little older and a little wiser me now wonders if the two are not incompatible. I feel like I will need to make a good study of Matari Spiritualism to really make that determination, though.

Getting ahead of myself, it would be fascinating if they really could be integrated.

2 Likes

Maybe you have been.

You mean our parents? Because they had patents too…

That feels like a rather excessive reaction to someone saying ‘I don’t know, the question can’t be answered, and I’m not wasting my time on an unanswerable question’, though. After all, a rejection of god requires the active state, the adoption of disbelief. Otherwise, anyone who’s never been exposed to the concept is already ‘rejecting’ it… which they obviously aren’t.

And you can (and, let’s face it, will) accuse me of playing with semantics and sophistry, possibly even solipsism, but it doesn’t change that fact: I’m not making an assertion one way or the other. I’m not saying there is no god. I’m saying I don’t think it’s possible to know. If it’s not possible to know, why should I invest time and effort in the attempt?

Others can, if they want. They can invest that time and effort to come to a conclusion they believe in. I certainly have no grounds to demand they not. But just because I can accept that they’ve done that doesn’t mean I have to believe their conclusion or disbelieve their conclusion. Their conclusion doesn’t threaten my understanding of the universe. It doesn’t insult me, or challenge my sense of self. And my lack of a claim of knowledge shouldn’t make them defensive or insecure.

I don’t know. I can’t know. It cannot be proven or disproven. The spirits might exist. God might exist. I’ve no reason to believe they don’t. I just don’t have reason to believe they do, either. So how is that spitting on them?

1 Like

Only if it was a response to just one debate. But you’ve been doing this for a very long time, Arrendis. You have adopted disbelief. You’ve derided people who hold to faith countless times. It has never been ‘oh, I’m just an agnostic, not for or against it’ with you.

1 Like

I may have been a bit emphatic in my phrasings and presentation, and certainly there were times when I wasn’t particularly careful in how I expressed my position, but intellectual honesty compels me to acknowledge that no, active disbelief’s as errant a position as active belief. It simply can’t be established one way or the other.

I’ll even put it in the same sort of framing that I suspect you’re thinking of: Claiming to know that there is no god is just as foolish a position to take as claiming to know there is one. It’s also just as wise, just as heroic, just as craven, just as rational, and just as ludicrous.

It’s the same position, viewed through a mirror: ‘I claim certainty in the face of the unknowable’. Ok. Someone claims certainty. Good for them. I don’t believe they’re right.

1 Like

And they all exist because God created humanity, and the worlds on which we walk.

No. You’re trying to backpedal because someone you like is upset. The things you say when you are emphatic, when you aren’t being careful, is closer to the truth than when you’re trying to drown it in sophistry.

2 Likes

Well, I’ll definitely grant you this: You shouldn’t be upset. Do you feel like your answer is right for you? Then it’s right for you. And you know where I stand on that issue, Samira: you should trust yourself. You should trust your sense of right and wrong, of what’s true and what’s not. Whether I agree with you or not. I’m far from infallible, after all.

But no, the things I’m likely to say when I’m emphatic, I’m probably saying because I’m drunk, and being drunk doesn’t really lend itself to clearly expressing a fairly complex idea. And let’s face it, ‘nothing’ is a lot more complex as a concept than ‘something’ is.

Funk is (was) just a Raider, not even sure she was completely Sabik, though most probably she was.
So, there are two aspects. First - heresy, which is Sabik. Second - piracy and murder, being a Raider.

Would goons be more heretical than Sabik? Their ranks are stagnating with CDS pilots, who believe they’re in some sort of crazy hologame. Some of them are followers of a very weird religion - and I am not even talking about Bob, but they have their own God whom they call just like Amarr - God. I don’t know a lot about these their religions, but it sounds a bit too awkward and probably very heretical from Amarr point of view.

What is worse, they believe in their immortality. Well, I mean, the majority of eggers fell for it, and maybe it’s just point of view of philosophical folks like me that even every clone is a separate life - I am not going to prove or try to convince you in this for now, we can leave philosophical talks for later, I can just say that I am quite disgusted even how in the State people are treating clones - and that’s mostly because of how clones treat themselves. Moving back to goons as pilots who can just kill themselves over nothing - yes, with this, unfortunately, many clones will agree, but what I saw was even deeper. Again, since it was about Arrendis, I’ll bring her as an example.

Once we had a duel. And what’s a reason of a duel - it’s to fight. To show that you’re standing for your words, for your honor with a weapon in hand. And she did agree to fight me on swords. If I am not mistaken, she asked me what should be a condition to “win”, and I really didn’t pay a lot of thought to that, since for me the fight mattered, so I blunted out, “One who will kill first”. And you know, what she did? She just stabbed herself with her own sword, returning back in new clone, proclaiming that she “won”. I honestly have no idea what she “won”, but I see how much she has lost that day.

I may be quite ignorant in questions about Scriptures, but Goons clearly look for me way deeper on the scale of “godless abominations” than Sabik.

Now, the second question, about murders and piracy.
Yes, Funk was a well notorious murderer, who was killing bystanders for her ceremonial needs.
But look at the list of her victims - in majority it were pilots like us. Other than that she was killing crewless corvettes and frigates with minimal crew.
Have you seen the amount of baseline losses caused by Goons?

And I am not speaking about them waging their toy wars for domination in null security space, though amount of human lives in them are enormous. Goon pilots can often be seen in low security space where like every other pirate they happily jump on other vessels and kill them. As someone who lives in “lowsec” I saw that happening a lot.

But even without that, take “Burn Jita”. These goons are provoking and themselves participating in attacks on peaceful neutral traders. They destroy freighters with enormous number of industrial workers, industrial ships, disrupting economy, causing colossal toll of human lives.

As Caldari I will never forgive goon scum for this.

Funk in comparison to them?.. I don’t even think it’s worth comparing. Whom would you remember as the most notorious murderer in our cluster? Nauplius, because he is being called “Butcher”? He would be a God’s Flower with his millions of slaves in comparison to numbers of innocent lives taken by goons. And not speaking about Nauplius, the Bloody Omir himself with his armada of Raiders couldn’t be a match for mass murder of that scale!

Thus, I believe, your estimate of 10/10 is completely contradicting the reality.

No, not really. Only poking at her for pointing at a splinter in Funk’s eye while forgetting about a whole log in her own.
It will be an insult when I call her “Arrendiot”.

1 Like

All Blood Raiders are Sani Sabik. Not all Sani Sabik are Blood Raiders. Funk was a Blooder.

To my knowledge, no Goon has filled freighters full of slaves to murder. Stop ■■■■■■■ defending a murdering heretic.
You seem to want to defend blooders like Funk and Napkins. I am sure the Empire will take note of your loyalties.

4 Likes

Freighters are enormous ships (with size comparable with capital ships) with numerous crew-members. You don’t have to stuff them with people, they’re already full of them. Killing neutral freighter is murder during piracy - if you kill it for the goods, or senseless manslaughter for “■■■■ and giggles” like goons do. It is like glassing a small city.

That’s utter nonsence. Excuse me, are you able to read at all? I wasn’t whitewashing them, I only said that goons are times worse than them. Nor I was defending them. The only thing I implied was that goons are greater heretics and greater murderers than Funk, Nauplius and bloody Omir taken together. It clearly doesn’t make any of them good or innocent.

Please turn on your brains next time before answering to me, thanks in advance!

1 Like

So you believe.

Well, if she would say something absolutely contradicting to that statement, you could still write as well “So you believe” :woman_shrugging:

Ok, I’m going to momentarily set aside my ‘don’t feel the moron’ policy…

Seven baseliner freighters: 4,691 people. Right about 670 people on each ship.
One Providence, fully expanded: 1,127,015m3. 1 unit of slaves: 2m3. Full Providence: 563,507 slaves.

If you can fit another half-million people into a freighter, then fully-crewed is not ‘already full of them’. Nor is 700 people ‘a small city’.

Current plan from Nauplius: utter eradication of population of Matar, somewhere over 5 billion civilian baseliners (which is an extremely low estimate). This would constitute an act of terrorism and a war crime far in excess of the Gallente prisons you decry in Black Rise.

4 Likes

This thread has been a great success at being a containment zone for the atheism/existence of god/all spirituality is bunk arguments that previously polluted the IGS too often.

1 Like

Has it?

1 Like

And still, arguing about the existence of spirituality is way better than reading a goon who encourages killing “just only seven HUNDRED” of civilian people, while blaming other murderer in a crime he didn’t commit yet. And probably would never commit, since his attempt looks more like some sort of a minmatar dance with a tambourine around a dead horse trying to revive it (in his case - pretending it will kill people), rather than actually trying to murder someone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

So, I realized I had forgotten to turn on my second brain.

I keep it in a jar. But it’s on now, so I am sure I can answer better.

He has, you half-breed moron. He’s killed millions of people in freighters, in citadels, in starbases. Every single Amarr loyalist organization has dealt with Nauplius’s butchery. SFRIM, PIE, CVA. The number of freighters killed in the last ‘Burn Jita’ yields crew deaths so far below what Nauplius has done that it’s laughable to even bring it up. Not to mention that PEND Insurance provides good rates for backing up your crews. I know my crews are all backed up every three months.

Those victims of Nauplius were not backed up, or cloned. They were murdered in cold-■■■■■■■-blood.

Freighters are not civilian ships. The fact they are unarmed means nothing. If a Gallente freighter loaded with Marines was flying to New Caldari, are you saying you would not shoot it? If a hostile freighter is carrying a citadel to drop in Imperium space, I’m going to shoot it. There’s no such thing as a civilian ship for capsuleers. The argument is farce.

Of course, facts don’t matter when someone has to make a point.

1 Like

It looks like you might need to turn on your third brain. But if it will be as defunct as previous two, I’d recommend you to stop posting to not embarass yourself further. “Millions” is not 5 billions on Pator. As I just have said, he didn’t commit that one yet and I doubt will ever succeed in commiting that with his silly plans. And if you really believe he will succeed… well, wow. Not even ten brains in a jar will help in that case!

Oh, really not a civilian ship?
Now every neutral ship that carries a loot is not a civilian ship, so you can jump on it and have a go, screaming “YARRR!”, right?

It’s not surprising for you to call others morons while so blatantly being ignorant about New Eden FOE identification for starships. If a “Gallente” freighter will have identification of FN or FDU - yes, it will be shot on contact by us or by Caldari Navy. But if it will have identification of like… Quaffe, Aliastra - it will be ordered to turn away and shot down only if it will ignore the order - in this case either by the Navy or CONCORD themselves.

And capsuleer freighters are civilian ships, unless they are flying under enemy flags or in an official inter-corporate war that eggers so love to play about. If you don’t have a CONCORD-approved war against that corporation, it is a neutral corporation and exploding them for what they’re carrying while they are in the Empire space is a blatant act of piracy, both by national and CONCORD laws itself. You aggress it in high security space - you’ll be done by CONCORD. You aggress it in a low security space - you will be marked SUSPECT for an act of piracy and it will be noted in your security status history.

And now, considering your grade of argument and that half-witted aggression against me, I now have a deep feeling that instead of Jamyl you might have a shrine to James.

1 Like