Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Sounds boring. Ticket sales withdrawn.

2 Likes

This isn’t a Sebiestor debate we’re talking about here, this is wrestling.

There are rules.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d still go, that would be an experience not to be missed.

Speaking of, Commander Kim, are you free this week?

Almost. Well, I certainly will be able to find some time for our business!

1 Like

@Faith_diAngelo :wave:

Don’t threaten a girl with a good time and not follow though.

2 Likes

Ma’am, I can assure, I am ready to follow through to any my word given! This is my way and I wouldn’t be myself if I wasn’t doing that.

My fun begins where your comfort ends.

And Hello to you Mr. Biko. :wave:

1 Like

Yeah, @Arrendis, good call. I should have taken it here earlier. Anyway, while I’m sure Capsuleers poking in to the proving grounds hasn’t helped, I just… I don’t know, man. I just want to not have the end of the world happen so abruptly, I guess.

End of the world? Fekkit. I was planning to hold off on this until we get back to Delve, but…

What annoys me about all of this, is their presumption. We have to prove ourselves? Really? I say: Let’s see some proving of their Clades. Nothing I’ve seen of the Trigs is even as impressive as the fleets ARC runs into hives. Taken in even numbers, their ships, while impressive at close range, are basically helpless targets against anything with good speed and ranged capabilities. Their battlefield strategies, so far, appear to be fairly basic and limited as well.

So really, who the hell are they to demand we have anything to prove?

4 Likes

Yet there’s still the chance that us playing their little proving game, even if that’s what they wanted, may have led to them attacking us as the next little phase in their game. Maybe had we left it well enough alone we’d have been deemed ‘unworthy’ and not need to fight them.

Ultimately I don’t think we can know for sure what the winning move was, but I still think it was to not play their game.

I’m getting Amarr-Mindset-Against-The-First-Jove-Fleets flashbacks, is all.

At this point, anything else I can really say on the topic has to wait until the strategic situation changes.

2 Likes

“Join the flow or be extirpated” makes me doubt this very very much.

7 Likes

I don’t think this is true at all, though, Samira. People do get forgiven for stuff where they don’t admit fault, all the time. It might be a little harder, but it definitely happens.

For me, forgiveness is usually just a matter of distance and perspective. Stuff starts seeming less and less important as time passes and the larger scheme of things becomes clearer, until pretty soon it feels silly to hold onto ill feelings about some little thing-- and in “the scheme of things,” even big things are pretty little.

Once I start feeling silly holding a grudge, forgiveness comes pretty easily.

I’m sure other people have different approaches, but I don’t think I’m really very unusual in this. Maybe even most people don’t put such a demanding prerequisite on forgiveness as “admit you were wrong.”

Considering how hard it often is for people to admit such a thing, that’s probably for the best.

2 Likes

And this isn’t a good thing. People forgive far too easily. They give chances for people who haven’t done ■■■■ to earn those chances. And then people get it into their heads that they can do whatever they want because, hey, there’s no consequences for it.

Admitting you were wrong should be the first step towards forgiveness. Not the last.

2 Likes

This feels like maybe the single biggest difference between us.

You don’t forgive us, or the world, or yourself, do you? … even if the grudge is mostly going to just hurt everybody involved. Yourself maybe most of all.

It seems like such a miserable way to live. It feels like it would make you hate life, especially over time, your own and everybody else’s too, like some vengeful spirit out of a story.

I wish I could think of something to say to break the spell. I can’t. We’ve been doing this for so long, and you just seem to get sadder and sadder, and angrier and angrier.

I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry.

6 Likes

I expect better of people.

2 Likes

Says a Frentix-addled apostate and rebel responsible for death and destruction on a grand scale who has shown not the slightest scintilla of remorse or regret for her terrorist actions.

Grotesque and absurd hypocrisy appears to be a common disease amongst capsuleers but it is truly foul to behold such sickly-sweet sewage pouring from a filth-encrusted outlet such as the evil heretic Kernher’s flapping gums.

I have the honor to be,

Alar

Aga-Count Chakaid of Kahah III,
Sa-Baron of Ves-Sefris, Zirsem V,
Paladin Deacon, Orders Militant of the Theology Council,
Plenipotentiary Representative of His Majesty Farokh Khanid III

3 Likes