Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

You lot have written over 100 messages in this thread in ONE DAY. How about you guys take a breather?

5 Likes

Blame these new boards being more of a really poor version of a chat than a proper forum. The discourse - eheh - will be shaped by the medium.

2 Likes

Why be lax?

It was a party, a really nice social event. There might even have been dancing; sometimes there is. (I wish there had been. I like dancing a lot.)

Killing you there would have cost us so much more than we could ever have gained-- all the more so if you’d actually gotten into the spirit of the thing and we’d been the only people with murder on our minds and in our hearts. You had the chance to let your guard down a little and enjoy a pleasant evening, and if we’d tried to hurt you we’d have landed a blow on ourselves from which we might never have recovered.

Instead you spent the whole time not making “such an assumption,” and staying armed against a ridiculous assassination attempt? Aren’t you the one who’s always talking about how hard it is to properly kill one of us?

I neither want nor expect to live forever. Eventually, I’ll disappear. That’s okay. … Actually it’s even routinely true for whichever one of my clones is active, when I’m out of pod. Having backups is important for my goals, and for supporting the people who rely on me, but … for me, personally … it’s not like the person talking, now, is going to be the one waking up if my head explodes this moment. What wakes up, will be someone I used to be. I, myself, will have ended.

A few people seem to kind of think I’m back to being my old self. I don’t really think that’s true, though in some ways maybe it is. One important difference: maybe she didn’t have a choice about this, and maybe you don’t either, but, like you, she was always on her guard. She surrounded herself with security and safeguards, fully trusted no one.

I think she wanted to live forever.

If it were my last night in this world, I’d want to be able to enjoy it properly. … and maybe without making trouble for whoever was responsible for the glassware.

1 Like

Hee. I did! Got some sleep. Feeling much better.

4 Likes

Well, and I mean, basically nothing wrong with people arguing. But this thread is as far as I understood meant as an off-topic, as the title says, where you take some messages you don’t feel belong to another topic at hand. IF people have over 100 messages, or indeed small novellas worth to write about something I think that would warrant its own thread. Of course you can’t know beforehand how many messages will accrue over some subject, but as this droned on and on…

2 Likes

My primary defence against being stabbed with sharp objects at social functions, is the assumption that people attending social functions tend to have at least a basic understanding of polite behaviour.

But maybe that’s just me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

2 Likes

Well … sure, but, topic’s changed.

And it’d be a little odd to start a new topic just for Miz being hard on ARC’s glassware (or maybe making an argument for plastic cups if they want to guarantee everybody’s safety).

1 Like

May I suggest sippy cups?

2 Likes

???

… well, I guess those would be safer, strictly speaking. It seems like there’d be some stuff it’d be hard to drink out of one, though.

2 Likes

Blame Aldieboo for not showing up. He owes me a rematch on the dancefloor, and I came prepared.

And yet, none of this gives a reason for inviting such an action. Like I said, the chances were minuscule, yet I will not claim to perfectly know the workings of those who already display the irrationality required to take the stances they have. There’s quite simply no reason to be careless. Besides, you seem to think this sacrifices something, when instead it simply gives the mind something to occupy itself with while enduring the dull pleasantries and false but oh so polite smiles are bandied about, as one waits for something interesting to occur.

Assassination attempt? No, that would have occurred during transit to the event, barring excessive incompetence. It would however be rather ridiculous to assume tempers might not flare up, no?

Are you trying to say I should be trusting the enemies that have broken deals before, and made their violent desires known beforehand? This is a stretch, Aria. I’ll acknowledge the odds of public brawling are low, but someone wins the lotteries every time.

I’d rather make sure it wasn’t my last night in the world, and enjoy that to the fullest possible extent. If the loss of a glass is sufficient reason to grumble, I have to wonder how poorly funded this venture really is.

2 Likes

BREATHING IS OFF-TOPIC!!!

:smirk:

2 Likes

You mean cups made out of a material Miz can melt with the taser in her arm and fashion into a shiv?

2 Likes

That’s it. From now on all “glassware” at social functions shall be made of that hard non-absorbant bread. The savages amongst us can then eat their glass if they so wish.

1 Like

So basically booze served in bread bowls? I like it.

3 Likes

Making makeshifts weapons inside a neutral venue sounds like a good way to get yourself uninvited.

2 Likes

Heard a rumor that literally 50% of the bandwidth of this board has been occupied with argument between Culome and Jenneth. For the last four months.

I can’t be ****d to confirm it, but it aligns well with my general perception.

5 Likes

And you’re all about the confirmation bias.

2 Likes

it cancels out against the sophistry.

Was all this really the greatest evil you could find and the biggest difference you could make, or do you just state your moral system instead of live it?

4 Likes

I’ve been addressing Ms. Culome as Ms. Arrendis this whole time, and no one thought to correct me? How embarrassing and my apologies.

1 Like

I can multitask. :slight_smile:

Actually, I prefer just ‘Arrendis’. When things get formal, Alizabeth comes out of the woodwork to annoy me with my actual job title.

3 Likes