Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I don’t believe I have a choice, Arrendis. And even if I did, reading this forum is sometimes the best way for me to keep an eye on things I care about, as sad as that may be.

…Maybe I should just picture you posting all of your words bottomless, and it’ll be better.

3 Likes

I generally post in the nude.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Heck, I generally post as Ibrahim-in-the-nude.

3 Likes

115 unread posts.

I stopped checking this place for like two days.

5 Likes

A quick summary:

Aria: "u"
Arrendis: "no u"
Aria: "no, u. also, u."
Mizhara: "no u, also u, and u as well. also grr amarr"
Aria: "no, u. also grr minmatar"
Arrendis: "no, u."
Mizhar: “u”

and round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody cares.

6 Likes

It’s nice to have confirmation.

2 Likes

Also, grr gallente.
Just for the record.

2 Likes

Not that it matters much, Dr. Valate, but you led with the wrong foot.

Arrendis’s feelings and mine aren’t mutual. I don’t feel the level of aggravation towards her she seems to feel towards me. If I did, she’d probably have a harder time getting me to reply.

Even me. … So I’ll be hardening my policy of not replying to her to include times when she says something interesting.

Oh well.

1 Like

This is usually the point where people like to say something inane along the lines of “words are meaningless, if it really matters undock and shoot it out”. Forgetting of course that we’re capsuleers and shooting each other has the same positive impact on each others philosophies as a heated argument with the additional impact of baseliner loss of life and positive market impact from expended ammunition and ship destruction.

Perhaps it’s a ploy to sell more ships?

3 Likes

I don’t know, I rarely reply when I see something interesting. I usually just read that and put the “like”, sometimes adding my thoughts, but most of the time I am just passing by.

However, I tend to tune in when I see something incorrect.
“First mate! Bring me the LARGEST TORPEDO!! Somebody on GalNet is wrong!!” :scream:

It doesn’t really matter to begin with, Ms. Ember.

I’ve lost a friend I probably was always going to lose. That’s all.

1 Like

Stop it, Aria. Please. Please stop trying to play the victim here. Or the martyr, or whatever construction you want to use this time so you can sit there and be sad at everyone.

You make out like this is costing you something, just like you like to tell me that I’m being condescending, and I’m the one who’s callous, and looking down at people and not seeing the things they do as worthwhile. But you know, I’m gonna remind you of your own words here:

Do you really think I’d take this much time on a single person if I didn’t? Maybe it’s different among your people, Aria. Maybe it’s different among the Amarr, too, I don’t know. But in my experience, friends don’t watch someone supporting something horrible and stay quiet. Friends don’t blithely shrug it off and say ‘hey, the universe is a cold and unforgiving place, so it’s fine with me if you want to become someone terrible’.

Friends care enough to at least try to get people to wake up, to see what’s going on around them. Friends don’t look at people who are trying, again and again, to get them to stop ignoring suffering on an almost incomprehensible scale and say ‘you’re callous’.

And I’m still trying. So I guess neither of us has lost a friend… but maybe only one of us had one, in the first place.

2 Likes

Probably. The most frustrating thing about capsuleer interaction by far is exactly what you said.

2 Likes

Just to avoid speculation; I’m nobody.

Quoted because I think it’s relevant. It makes me wonder, Arrendis, have you spend much time in Gottin’s Lamp?
…Now I think about it, maybe you’re not allowed to go there, so maybe that is a bit of an unfair question, so… in case you have not…do you really think you see enough of what’s going on around Aria?

I’m willing to trust you probably mean well, but I wonder if you should try harder, or, more likely, less hard.

2 Likes

Specifically around her? I normally see what she, and those around her, let me see. Which, from what I’ve seen when I have gotten peeks behind the curtain of Amarr presentation, is carefully controlled, and mostly fabricated to convince the people involved that no, really, everything’s fine.

I also see the answers she’s given me in the past, including those in private conversation, which inform my opinion of what she’s doing and why.

Trying harder at this point would probably involve violence and murder. Trying less hard… I did. It got us here. So I’m about where I’ve little to no optimism of it working, but at least I don’t have to try to justify giving up—or committing war crimes—to myself.

2 Likes

Settling arguments through violence works for certain arguments… and besides, I find I respect people more if they actually do things; there are untold billions’ worth of assets and schemes floating out there in the dark, and bringing them to fruition or ruin requires all sorts of know-how, gumption, and skills. A well-reasoned argument is nice, but this kind of thing has a persuasive quality all its own.

1 Like

Well … that’s true, sort of, and that’s part of why I don’t actually quite regret having been a Falcon, even if I joined for a foolish reason. Power, and the conviction to use it, is a little persuasive.

I’m not sure it actually does good things for those who have them, or, maybe more particularly, seek them, though. It seems like it turns into its own justification pretty easily: building a bigger toolbox for the sake of having more tools, instead of having something really worthwhile to do with them.

Or, maybe worse, having way too many tools and winding up looking around for something eye-catching to use them on. . . .

2 Likes

But what if it is ultimately completely ■■■■■■■ pointless? All you achieved is you just killed a bunch of baseliners to measure your proverbial penis.
What annoys to me to no end about most capsuleers that the generally only acceptable method of “doing” is to blow stuff up. How about - for once - people challenge each other for a mining duel or something.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■ that sounds boring.

At least combat involves a little bit of skill.

3 Likes