Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

No, I think responsibility goes hand-in-hand with that. I can’t expect others to simply ignore their memories of ‘Arrendis’ just because I don’t believe myself to be that person. We all bear the baggage we’re saddled with. That’s not even a thing that should be doubted. If I want people to treat me differently, I have to live up to a standard that will earn that, for long enough to earn it. And I may not succeed. Success is irrelevant, though.

And I still think your clinging to the notion that you won’t die, that you won’t end… is kinda weak, too. It’s like you’re in denial, unable to accept the idea that you might not be something special.

We’re not special. We’re just disposable. We’re… the corn chips of New Eden. There’s always another one of us in the bag.

1 Like

So, as usual you just disregard the parts of what people post that aren’t convenient for your narrative, huh? You seriously need to get a hobby.

1 Like

If this is starting again, might I suggest a Miz v. Arrendis post?

1 Like

If you talk with your mother then consider that your current flesh is not that which she gave birth to. You look like her child. You have the same DNA profile. But your cells do not descend from hers. You are not her child. You’re a replicant.

Human people have the intellect to rationalise this away and largely ignore it. But it’s still a fact.

On the other hand, or paw, slaver hounds can sense the difference. There’s something off about a cloned person that the hound notices which its intellect is unable to rationalise away. So the hound growls as it feels things aren’t right.

1 Like

Uhm… no? I was disagreeing, not disregarding. As for the mind ‘emerging’ from each meat puppet… I’d think there’s no way to really evaluate that empirically, since we build the new brain to match the state of the old one. It’s literally flash-grown to support that mind-state. So at that point, what emerges is already prejudiced. I thought that would’ve been self-evident, and didn’t need stating. Sorry.

1 Like

And then there are people who consider everything part of a world soul, where some of us are animate and some are not. You could say the Transneural Burning Scanner simply transfers this spark of animacy to another vessel.

If you’re worried for your “eternal soul”, well, you probably shouldn’t have become a capsuleer.

3 Likes

A curious observation.

My comm device has stopped autocompleting “T” as “This is the worst thread I’ve read on these new boards”.

Interesting. :thinking:

1 Like

Then don’t read it. Duh.

1 Like

So is anybody interested in a classic Gallente holoreels? I recently stumbled upon a really good, forgotten gem - Brad Stallion and Space-Amazons.

Description from box:

Dashing hero-heartthrob Brad Stallion is assigned by the Federation Government to locate and neutralize “The Tribe” - a band of Space-Amazon raiders spreading interstellar terror with their S.E.X.ray guns. With the assistance of Sandie, a shipboard computer, Brad must journey through dangerous places, flying his own streamlined vessel - the Master Thruster. As for the various women he will encounter in his journeys? We’ll put it this way: he only have one tool at his disposal to screw together all parts of the story.

:ok_hand:

1 Like

What a jolly fun space opera that sounds.

2 Likes

I like stories with non-violent… mostly non-violent conflict resolution like that. It’s a pleasant fantasy.

3 Likes

I feel dirty.

4 Likes

Stalking the place are we?

1 Like

Yeah I’m casing it out to steal the amazing content and well written posts.

Well I was. I guess I’ll have to look elsewhere for those.

1 Like

Need help getting clean?

3 Likes

I’ll never be clean.

1 Like

Not with that attitude, you won’t.

1 Like

Ah well, better to embrace your new found ‘unclen’ status. You’ll find you feel much more human that way.

1 Like

On the humanoid stompy MTAC thing: There are many tactical situations where a bipedal walker allows many advantages over traditional armoured vehicles.

Consider an urban environment where an orbital bombardment has reduced many buildings to piles of rubble. Traditional AV’s aren’t going to get beyond the outskirts of the debris field. An MTAC however will walk right in, providing you infantry with the support they need.

The same applies with any difficult to traverse terrain, swamps, hilly areas, etc, etc. They provide a means to quickly move artillary support and close infantry support where needed.

Also there’s the vitally important consideration that stomping on squishy infantry with a giant robot foot is immensely satisfying for the pilot.

1 Like

You brought that topic back up.

You fiend !

1 Like