Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

We held a tournament earlier this month. 8 FCs, 50 v 50 matches, 5B per fleet, provided by the alliance. (Total budgeted price tag: 100B with the ‘who came in 3rd?’ match). The winning FC took the final best-of-three in…

… unironic armor Drakes.

I’m looking forward to seeing what they pull out for next month’s tournament.

3 Likes

Like finding a unicorn…

1 Like

You can basically wreck goons with anything, apparently. Even goons can.

1 Like

That actually sounds interesting, who won if ya dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Asher Elias, but we had two FCs who had to drop out from the semifinals. One was an idiot who was stuck in the north in a Nag, sitting in a safe in space where he couldn’t JC, and the other was… I ■■■■ you not… unexpected hit with food poisoning.

We think it was from sucking all that… uhm… nevermind.

And they were due to fight one another! So the other semifinal match became the ‘best of three’ finals. Asher lost the first in… wow, horrible fashion, I mean, it was embarassing… and then won the next two. Ship performance was impaired some across the tournament due to extensive use of drones in lieu of actual ‘we don’t handle hard vaccuum well’ meat crews, but since everyone was hampered the same way, and there was no (intentional. oops smartbonbs) podding, it was considered a fair match.

1 Like

Nobody can hat gons like gons hat gons.

2 Likes

Also, @Deitra_Vess, if you like, when we get the scheduling for the next one established, I can let you know so you can catch the broadcast. The semi-finalists from this one get an automatic entry, and then 4 more are randomly picked from the entries among our FC/SC (Skirmish Command) program.

2 Likes

Yes if you wouldn’t mind. I would love to take a look.

1 Like

Sure. We should have this month’s in the video archives. I’ll see about getting that to you. I’ll be sending the links to your inbox.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking… where in null?

1 Like

Thank you, This should be interesting.

1 Like

Negative on that.
Construction of labels of others without official criteria is an insult.
Construction of own labels without official criteria is arrogance.

It is usual for human mind to exaggerate own merits, abilities and give yourself better qualities than you have in fact. Any attempts at self-identification in whatever field they would be or whatever matter they are about, it is just an annoying arrogance and weakness of a person who can’t accept the reality.

Not true. You do it all the time. The first time you meet someone, before you even get their name, you begin building up labels for them based on what you see. There’s no ‘official’ criteria for what you’re doing, but you’re labeling based on their hair, their body language, their attire. It’s inescapable. It’s how the mind works.

Then, once you have information… you rationalize why that information fits the labels you already established.

3 Likes

Oh sweet Maker, you are again lying about me, Minmatar scum.
I shouldn’t have started even trying to reason with likes of you.

What? No I’m not.

Diana, when you see someone, if they walk a certain way, your brain associates that with confidence. Another way, with nervousness. It applies those labels ‘confident’ and ‘nervous’, without any ‘official’ criteria, just based on empathy. It’s not a conscious decision, it’s how the brain works.

2 Likes

Oh?..
Well, I misunderstood then. Please excuse me.

That is not really a personal identity.
And saying things like, “Hello, nervous ma’am” would be incredibly rude, I still think it would still match as an insult, even if you think the person is nervous. Because, again, that’s just your perception and it may lie to you. What if that person is just freezing?

That is totally personal identity. Before you have their name, or any hard data about them, that’s exactly how your brain identifies people: ‘The nervous guy with the bad hair and expensive shoes’.

2 Likes

And if you call him like that, he will be insulted.
And you will probably laugh if he will introduce himself as “Super confident guy with awesome hair”

So? Just because you identify a person a certain way, you don’t ever have to call them that.

3 Likes

We are just discussing different phenomena.

2 Likes