Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Only the ones who buy into it.

2 Likes

Or are raised into it. Sansha has a point, which really doesn’t make any of this any better. As for the selling of slaves, it seems scripture is ignored more often when it’s considered beneficial, no great surprise there, nor is it likely to stop.

And on the argument of hospitals, it’s sadly true that wars tend to get ugly at some point, usually when you start hitting an enemy’s industrial complex. At that point civilians get targeted pretty routinely, be they miners, workers in a factory, and sometimes, yes, hospitals. That last one is considerably more gruesome then other targets, but a ruthless foe looking to weaken another might not think twice.

Particularly when said foe is the Amarr, who target civilians as part of their M.O (albeit with the intent to capture rather then kill, for whatever the hell that matters). They might just board it and seize all the people on board instead of destroying the station with all hands, but I am already surprised that any of them are willing to go beyond that.

Particularly when said station is rather loudly advertised complete with provocative language. I’m completely on Mizhara’s side here, but yeah… I would not expect many enemies to hold fire because it’s (partially) a medical and research facility.

3 Likes

I feel like this is going off topic from the thread, so pulling it here. But yes, pretty much the Alliance and the Coalition takes care of most of the issues of knowing what’s what in political terms. We also get regular updates telling us what’s going on, with weekly status reports and Q and A sessions.

If it helps in your considerations, I came to Goonswarm not for Goonswarm, @Pieter_Tuulinen, but because there’s a bunch of folks I know who flew beside me in Providence all grouped within VC. I may well move on from Goonswarm itself proper very soon to rejoin my die hard brothers and sisters in arms of Pentag Blade who’ve formed a new corporation within Initiative Mercenaries, which is still part of the whole Imperium organisation. But again, knowing the politics counts for nothing and either in GS or Init Mercs I’m free to do plenty of other things outside of the great game of chess, like raiding the warzones for targets or taking a sabbatical in W-Space.

That’s my motivation for being out here. It’s not super high commitment, I get a lot of freedoms and the hurf and blurf is just that, hot air, meaningless. But you should make your own call based on your own principles Pieter.

1 Like

Earlier this week, (Aug 20), CONCORD’s Brigadier General Odo Korachi invited capsuleers to Yulai to assist with a technology test:

A number of individuals susequently began appearing in space near the Yulai X DED station. As each appeared, CONCORD gave them active SUSPECT status. And the assembled capsuleers summarily executed them. While the initial ‘wanted individual’ was flying a hauler… when capitals and supercapitals began being projected into the highsec system… well, things got… festive.

Notable offenders:

(^^ first capital to appear, IIRC)

5 Likes

… I seem to be misunderstanding things today. Thanks, Arrendis.

Also, wow.

1 Like

It was a lot of fun to watch. My only regret is not bringing any combat drones in my logistics Loki. Then I could’ve added ‘Kommisar’d supercapital and capital pilots’ to my ‘Capital FC’ credit from earlier in the month. Ah well. At least I made sure the Directorate was aware of why these guys were being blown up.

2 Likes

Still waiting to hear of them taking significant action, instead of scooping droplets out of the ocean. It’s a significant problem.

1 Like

With any luck, it’ll become a regular occurrence.

A capital idea!

2 Likes

((oh that! I saw the news but didn’t knew they bothered to include it in RP XD))

thanks a lot for the clarification ^^

1 Like

((Dude…))

1 Like

So, I have tasted recently this:

" Chanounian Wine is a rare luxury commodity, manufactured in Chanoun and in distribution only throughout a small portion of Amarr space. It is highly prized for its wonderful flavor, created by a combination of rare ingredients - none of which are illegal in Amarr space. "

I can say that its Amarr Victor, at least in wines. :heart_eyes::wine_glass:

6 Likes

Right! I’ve been tempted to do some dives myself, soon, so I was considering this exact thing!

From experience, it’s such a treacherous combination. The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system effects just about cancel each other out, so you feel basically fine, even when they’re both bulding up to toxic doses and having a hand-in-hand forebrain neuron stomping party.

I guess I’ll just have to put the work in to get a good set of biofeedback and titration gear, though, because the alternative strategy and accompanying cocktail looks like Drop/Exile, and that’s by itself half the reason I spend so much time in the freezer…

2 Likes

I had something weird happen that time. The side-effects were so bad I just cancelled the run completely without entangling a single filament, went straight back to base and … got really sick. It was like anything I could feel at all was kind of this sensory roar? Like, I was either in sensory deprivation or getting hit with a hammer?

I think Lord Avarr must have heard me scream when the pod-decant shower came on (we’d been talking on comms, so he knew I was coming into dock in a bad way). He got me down to medical.

Been trying to keep it to just one at a time, since. I’ll probably need both for the Chaotic Dark, if I’m ever going to run it. … Maybe I could get by with just the Crash, though? The dark matter fields usually make it harder for most hostiles to do me much harm.

1 Like

Have you considered implants instead?

1 Like

It’s not really an “instead” sort of thing when you’re talking about missile precision, Arrendis.

The real issue with the Dark Abyss isn’t surviving; everything’s struggling with the same troublesome conditions, so most stuff has as much trouble killing you as the reverse (more, LOTS more, if you use missiles). The issue’s finishing in time.

3 Likes

Well-- Gilas avoid the Dark, though. I guess it affects the turrets on the drones the way it affects them on everything else. The Sacrilege is supposed to be very strong, but, again, it seems like its drones would be limited, too. And it has a little trouble with range, which would have been an issue in that room.

Mostly, though, it comes to this, ma’am: I mishandled the encounter. I could have switched to Javelin from the start, or started hitting Fogcasters the moment they were all I could reach. I could have dealt with it so much better, but I panicked. It got away from me and nearly killed me.

That’s not a problem with my fit.

1 Like

I knew I liked you for a reason.

2 Likes

The Gila was just mentioned as an example since weapon disruption is not just an issue in Dark Abyssal space. But you are right that the Gila is a poor choice for it. But even with the range reduction, medium drones can handle these Fogcaster drones easily. They may struggle to hit, but when they do hit they tear them apart due to the flimsy nature of the Fogcasters. Thus freeing up the missile launchers for the bigger targets.

I am not saying that your fit is wrong. But personally I will just prefer the higher flexibility.

1 Like

Done and done!

Ok, so, Ammatar v Nefantar.

My personal position is pretty simple. Who decides who’s Nefantar and who isn’t?

The Nefantar Tribe do. I mean, it’s them. They get to say what it means to be them or not.

From an outside perspective, though… As near as I can tell, their distinctive, re-establishing decision was the rejection of being Ammatar, and their return to the Tribes, followed by the establishment of a Tribal government and Tribal Chief, in rejection of Amarr supremacy.

The Ammatar, in contrast, actively rejected the idea of being a Tribe, or members of a Tribal society. Some, apparently, made this decision out of necessity to political reality with the hope that their children or grandchildren could reverse it, some out of legit conversion. But the defining traits of ‘what caused this group to become this group’ are, in turn, adherence to the Amarr Faith and Society while rejecting the Tribal culture, vs adhering to and attempting to reconstruct their Tribal culture while rejecting the Amarr Faith and Society.

Logically, then, it follows that self-identifying ‘Nefantar’ who adhere to Amarr culture/beliefs… are misrepresenting themselves. It’s unlikely to be out of any desire to do so. Rather, they may just not know what the Nefantar Tribe stands for, these days. Similarly, any self-identifying ‘Ammatar’ who rejects Imperial culture in favor of Tribal culture would be misrepresenting themselves, as well.

But ultimately, like I say, the Nefantar Tribe would have the authoritative criteria, if such criteria exist.

1 Like