Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

If my posts had no validity they would not strike such a nerve.

Actually all I’ve ever wanted is for Diana to treat people with the respect she demands for herself. To approach situations logically and embrace truthful interaction with others. If she follows what you say she’ll be much closer to giving me what I want.

3 Likes

My point is, Ms Ember, is simply that your points are correct. It doesn’t matter if you struck a nerve or not. My goal here is to get Ms Kim to agree on reasonable positions, and I’ve seen her do it, as I know that direct confrontation doesn’t work with her. Just let me know if I’m betraying any confidence you may have had in me.

2 Likes

Good luck from those of us who have tried and found ourselves beating our heads against a bulkhead.

4 Likes

I have to try, right?

1 Like

You really don’t. Learning from history is important.

7 Likes

I’ve learned from history that some people won’t learn from history; you’ve got to let go even more thoroughly, and besides Kim herself, let even the screeching of new pilots impaling themselves on Kim’s ego become like the calming sound of waves breaking on the shore.

6 Likes

Perhaps.

1 Like

The sounds of waves breaking on a shore is unsettling and strange.

2 Likes

Everything about Fat Asteroinds[1] is unsettling and strange! THERE’S NO BULKHEADS. THE ONLY THING KEEPING THE AIR IN IS THAT IT’S SO FAT, THE AIR IS TRYING TO CRUSH YOU!!!

1. You know, planets.
4 Likes

Well basicly without the air to crush you there would be no thermal protection through air layers.

2 Likes

SEE?!?!? WHAT THE FECK??

3 Likes

So, I have to ask-- if one maintains a conversation or exchange in an off-topic thread, is that on-topic or is it still off-topic?

2 Likes

It’s on-topic, but on a topic that would be off-topic in other threads.

3 Likes

So, aren’t engineers trying to crush us by shoving the habitats of stations and ships so full of air that they need bulkheads to maintain these crushing pressures? What insidious conspiracy have you stumbled upon and how deep does this rabbit hole go?

2 Likes

I really love this imagery, Jevateria

3 Likes

I don’t like the idea of being impaled on anybody’s ego. Maybe I’ll stop while I’m ahead.

2 Likes

Now I’m terribly curious.

2 Likes

Why, is ego a euphemism for something else? I meant ego as in someone’s self-gratifying sense of self worth. I’m not saying I want to be celibate.

I don’t mean I’m hunting for sexual partners with big “egos” either, or at all. I just don’t want to be impaled on anybody’s ego.

There’s no way to make this sound clean or sane is there? Okay, back to the sonti I go.

2 Likes

I’m delighted with how much you read into that.

4 Likes

Oh… :no_mouth:

4 Likes