Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

lol being butthurt over someone stating that you get butthurt. That’s meta.

When people call you on your crap, you react by spewing vague nonsense as justification and you get butthurt. I have observed that myself (albeit in not as colorful terms), and it amused me, so I clicked the heart.

What, then? Are you gonna go buy 10,000 Sebestior slaves because I liked a Miz post? You gonna fly out to MH and shoot me up because I liked a Miz post?

…Nope, what you’ll do is sulk about how mean Melisma is to you, and three threads from now you’ll cite my Like as an example that Matari hate you.

You want people to stop commenting on how thin-skinned you are? Grow a thicker skin. You want people to stop pointing out how you refute arguments that you can’t defend with utter nonsense? Stop doing it. Get you some facts–which I’ve been trying to offer this whole time, and which you’ve slapped my hand away for repeatedly–and learn to actually support your own convictions.

By the way: I don’t dispute that there will be clashes when me meet. I do, however, find it awfully stereotypical that you somehow don’t think I’m capable of responding to clashes civilly. That’s insulting. Indeed, conversing civilly with you right now should be considered a superhuman feat.

3 Likes

There are a few different people who’ve dealt willingly with Nauplius for the sake of trying to draw him (or at least as many of his victims as possible) out of his nightmare, Samira. But I think Lasa does have Cartel ties, so … sure.

What about Cafe Marlinea? It … might be a stretch to call that “neutral,” though. Hm.

1 Like

Thinking more, there’s also AVCL Connection (which I manage), Deck23 is committed to neutrality (but any non-Minmatar would need to be vouched for), I’d probably say the Golden Masque also counts as neutral, regardless of Morwen’s previous loyalties, since it’s located in Yulai.

1 Like

Hm. If the Matari will regard it as neutral ground I’d be okay with the first or third. I don’t know a lot about the second, but the non-Minmatar-vouching thing suggests not actually all that neutral.

1 Like

I nominate Kaztropol’s Hospitality Bay.

They have a rather good nail bar there. And a bakery.

1 Like

It suggests if you don’t know our customs you should have someone responsible for you there to guide you… At least how I would take it.

2 Likes

It is accorded neutral ground by tradition. It’s for Minmatar first and above all, so any others have to be brought in as “plus ones”, but the laws of neutrality are enforced regardless of who is brought in.

1 Like

Once past the gates, it’s as neutral as it gets. The non-Minmatar vouching is an artifact of the Accords governing said neutrality being older than spaceflight and thus contact with non-Minmatar. Since non-Minmatar can never be expected to be held to those standards, a Minmatar in good standing can vouch them in, taking responsibility for their conduct, guiding them and ensuring neutrality is observed.

… although that in itself can imply to some personality types that they’re second-rate participants, etc. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Oh. Okay. That’s starting to sound really interesting, although … maybe as a private visit rather than a big (or even modest) get-together of Amarr and Matari?

A more outright-neutral (both by location and custom) site might be better for more visitors, it seems like.

1 Like

This post seems vaguely off-topic. Good job.

1 Like

If you’re looking for neutral, I have somewhere that all parties will hate equally.

1 Like

Can confirm if needed: even I’m safe in Deck23. Unless I’m wearing the day-glo ‘taser me’ socks… in which case, well… I’m kinda asking for it.

1 Like

No woman is ever “asking for it”, regardless of how she is dressed.

1 Like

. . .
completely different ‘it’ here, Val.

3 Likes

Be that as it may, bringing Amarr into D23 would be defeating it’s purpose in a spectacular way. And to be perfectly honest, there are few enough venues I can go to to actually catch a break from the constant throngs of Amarr loyalists that inevitably spew things that cause a fight.

You’ve been okay so far, but let’s not bring them there.

Ballo is also not an option since I think I got banned from there (no regrets), so AVCL would work! And what about that Club 88 or what it’s called in lawless space?

Lawless is neutral too, right?

1 Like

I have a place that I can make available, if people see me as neutral.

4 Likes

Sure, why not?

1 Like

I like you so far, so I’ll vote for this. As long as it won’t take me 50 jumps to reach you.

Edit: Also, when? We should probably pick a date.

The weekends tend to be harder for me, but I can usually find some time on them, just not reliably at specific times. Optimal times for me are anywhere between 1600-0600 New Eden Standard Time on weekdays, except Tuesdays, when the latest I’m typically available is 2000. There are exceptions, and I may be able to make other times, but those are the times that are easiest for me.

Is my place cool, Garion?

1 Like