15% discount on "30days Omega-time" Deal Endtime

fix the plex prices ffs

Draining down already to low supply definitely wont help in fixing price.

This is quite the opposite of a PLEX sale. I’m not sure if you’ve looked in game yet, but this has caused plex to spike yet again as people have already bought out all the “cheaper” plex to take advantage of the omega sale.
https://evepraisal.com/item/44992

It’s called “marketing” people rush like blind sheeps to buy not cheaper plex and crash market more. CCP seams to have more real money trade with that absurd prices so they try to get as much greens as possibile.

And buying from RMT is most absurd thing I ever heard in EVE for a long time.

I can promise you this as someone actually in the know for micro transactions is that higher in game value of plex would not correlate to a noticeable increased plex for cash sales. While some people who buy a premium currency do so to obtain a goal, most will simply drop 20/50/100+ dollars a month on any game they are currently playing. Think of it as rather than go out to the movie, I’ll put that $20 into this game. The number of people who will actually but plex on a regular basis does not shift much at all from month to month. In fact, you’d find that number actually decreases (or rather the amount spent decreases) as that currency’s buying power increases (plex sells for more), typically only lost from the crowd that was buying to reach a given goal (in EVE’s case a ship, skill, wallet balance, etc).

The main actions found to reliably increase sales of premium currencies are:

• release of new items which require premium currency to obtain (limited time offers)
  • sales (bundles work exceptionally well or limited time windows)
  • tie usage to a scaling activity (speed ups)

The only actions found to increase premium membership counts (active accounts) are:

• trial periods
  • release of new content

Sales in premium membership has resulted in increased membership extensions, but not an increase in active player counts. EVE is in kind of strange because of plex being used to buy premium membership, but it would follow the same reasons I listed above. The overlap being that plex could see an increase sales if for any reason it became cheaper to use plex for a subscription rather than paying for the subscription outright.

Maybe I’m a strange person. but when I get more than 2x for same price I am capable to dump more real money just to get more for noting.

CCPHellmar on Plex

We over did it last year when it came to PLEX promotions. We are going to slow the ■■■■ down for now.

Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

That’s a sale… What are you even arguing by saying that? I even said sales in premium membership results in extensions in memberships. That they will not typically see an increase in new subscriptions. This whole thread, however, is about plex sales. Of which we do not have here and actually has the inverse effect on the plex market itself as would a long lasting sale or bundle deal.
Part of what I said, and I think you might be trying to say, is that even if you were to double the in game value of plex right now, ccp would not see a large increase in plex cash sales. If they were to double the number of skins/limited time vanity items in the store they would see a large increase by comparison.

I thought this was a plex sale thread, that is why I started a new thread re; 15% off Omega

it prevented me to default to alpha, less plex to subscribe turned it less expensive.
I would prefer around 1.5B but this will have to do, lets see what happens in the next month.
In fact it was a smart way for ccp to step in without a direct market action

being playing eve since 2008, plex prices have currently forced me to unsub 8 accounts gg ccp now i can only log in on alpha to smack talk in recruitment chat

Can you show me where CCP seeds PLEX in NPC market orders? Blame players that don’t want to put real money in pixels not CCP since market is player driven.

ill just blame ccp thanks

sounds like more of a personal problem, i’ve also been playing since 08, and have managed to happily keep my 13 accounts plexed even with the recent price increases. had to tighten my belt a touch, was only able to buy 1 titan skillbook this month instead of the 2 I had planned because i’d rather keep a healthy safety net.

if you have 8 accounts and aren’t able to keep them plexed comfortably, then you aren’t making good use of them to begin with.

It’s CCP’s of fault for not giving players enough incentive to buy plex - or allowing that plex go to market. Players are only at fault for taking advantage of a system set in place by CCP.

• ISK has been far too easy and to come by for a long time now and through scalable means and still is.
  • Unlimited and unrestrained extractors/injectors allowed for farms to become a thing pulling from a limited market.
    – This allowed for a marked increase in the rate at which the problems mentioned in the first point occur
  • Skins being released for plex and not cash/isk made it so that plex that was purchased for the sake of buying skins never saw it to market.
    – If skins had been available for cash for a limited time, then available through the ingame store for isk they could have worked as a sink as well as entice some players to purchase plex to get that isk for the desired skin/vanity items.
  • Variety in the ingame store!
    – From thruster colors, missile effects, custom skins, alternative hangar interiors, etc. People only pay for what interests them, and skins alone are a limited market. All of which should follow what I said above. PLEX should always be used to obtain isk, and isk used to obtain the desired item after a limited cash period to insure that it reaches the market. Hell, WiS would have offered so much opportunity for a cash shop and it was scrapped. It’s a spaceship game, but even here we have people who are willing to fork out real money for space barbie and as a business that’s all that matters.

i was running 7 accounts in highsec incursions so it was over a bill an hour plus lp, im not sure of much better ways to make isk other that c5 wh ratting or maby rorqual mining but the fact that i have decided to stop playing eve must mean that people doing missions or exploring or things lower down the isk per hour chain are also struggling

Can’t say im struggling… oh wait… I don’t grind for plex, I just sub… that way I have all the fun I want without having to worry about rising plex prices.

1 Like

There is no such thing as being “on sale” - One of the first things “Salespeople are taught when learning ‘how to sell’”

Cheers, but… cheers

ccp wants the price of plex to rise then the rmt guys will have to charge the same crazy price that ccp charges for plex. another thing ccp shouldnt be basing there price on the us dollar, it a us company im from canada and have to pay 20 bucks for omega i have 5 toons thats a 100 bucks a month doesnt seem worth it to me so i would pay for omega on my 2 mains and earn plex for the others and not only that i would help my other 2 friends plex in there accounts since plex is so high we all quit and i shut down 2 toons its just not worth it anymore eve it just not worth 100 bucks a month

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.