Polls: Venture & T1 Exploration Frigates

(ISD Fractal) #1

I want to start by thanking everyone for contributing fits to our first round of Community Fittings. CCP Phantom, myself and the rest of the the CCL team have been impressed with the number of fits pouring in and especially the people who took the time to write out detailed descriptions of their fits, potential upgrade paths, how to fly them, etc. Thank you all for your contributions!

These polls are to determine which fits will be moved in-game. Please check over the fits and vote for your favourite. Voting will be open for 24 hours. Later, we will be releasing a new batch of ships to fit.

If your fit was not chosen this round, don’t fret! We limited the poll options to five to make it easier to vote, so in some cases viable fits were not included because they were similar to other poll options. In other cases, fits that did not meet the fit purpose or fitting requirements were not selected.

Good luck capsuleers!

Community Ship Fittings – Die dritte Welle beginnt!
(ISD Fractal) #2

Venture

(ISD Fractal) #3

Probe

(ISD Fractal) #4

Imicus

(ISD Fractal) #5

Heron

(ISD Fractal) #6

Magnate

(ISD Fractal) #8

Reserved.

(Angelina Is) #9

Just a note you shouldn’t add sensor booster fits, because New players will think they can scan with them, in my opinion they are ■■■■■■■■ and just confuse the newbee

(Shailagh R) #10

Since i can see the results prior to voting, im just voting for the underdog of each fit.

FIGHT THE MAN!

GRASS ROOTS MOVEMENT!

(Arya Alderian) #11

Ccp you use ccpRound() for these forums?

Lol wtf is this trash?

The metric system?

(Nana Skalski) #12

FLOWER POWER! :cherry_blossom::white_flower::rosette::hibiscus:

(Arya Alderian) #13

Umm. Its going to be open for over 2 days.

Seriously who created this poll?

The time is wrong, the percentages dont add up.

Seriously is this a joke or just laziness?

6 votes, 2 each. One was winning with 34%?

Now “voting open 24 hours” and it literally says it will close 19hours from now, yet its already been open for way over a day by now.

This just looks bad because it is the very first community fitting poll and you guys make a â– â– â– â–  show mess of it.

Seriously guys

(ISD Fractal) #14

The link to the poll was added to the launcher today, so we’re allowing voting to continue to give people a chance to vote. The original text wasn’t updated to reflect that.

(Ozha Morinda) #15

Some of the Venture fits come close to a beginner’s fit.

I do not see the utility of a propulsion mod (Afterburner or Microwarpdrive) in the mid slots for a new player mining. The Venture is already fairly nimble as it is. A fit with two shield mods like Shield Extender I and an Invulnerability Field to fend off NPC pirate damage makes sense. So does a Survey Scanner to give you an easy overview of asteroids within range while leaving the Overview free for situational awareness.

If you are mining, the best low slot module is a Mining Laser Upgrade to increase yield.

And what beginner is aware of rigs, or has the money to spend on an item that must be destroyed to be changed?

(Sare Yaken) #16

[Venture, Alpha Site’s Venture]
Mining Laser Upgrade I

Medium Shield Extender I
Medium Shield Extender I
Upgraded Kinetic Deflection Amplifier I

Miner II
Miner II
Auto Targeting System I

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Charge Economizer I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Acolyte I x2

(Daichi Yamato) #17

Cause one shield extender is enough to tank rats (more is wasteful) and prop mods are pretty universally useful on vents. Rigs are cheaper than some mods and you shouldn’t be changing them…

(zluq zabaa) #18

Will the winning fits be looked over by actual players or tested vs. newbro-feedback before they make it to recommendations? Some of the exploration fits that seem to get a lot of votes scream false promise of safety or have no practical value.

Like the guy that copied his ECCM fit into every frigate. Even if these fits would make alphas “virtually immune to combat scanning”, it doesn’t matter in game practice. Explorers get catched and shot inside sites, at gates or wormhole exits and if they have to re-fit using a Mobile Depot, they’ll be very much combat-scannable nonetheless. Or fits that use Warp Core Stabs or fits that don’t offer any access to content. There are some good fits in the lists and I think these should be taken no matter how many votes they get. Just because someone can vote, doesn’t mean that they know anything about the matter.

(Core Lina) #19

I knew it from the beginning that community fits will end in chaos.
What happend to the Spirit of “Hey Mister new pilote, try it, fly it, if it doesn’t work try a new fit.”

God i hate this hand holding, does CCP like to tell new players that they are more incompetent to find out fits then the older generation?

What happend to testing, reading and communication?

just my 2 cents

(One Two Buklemaschu) #20

I must say i am rather surprised that in the end this turns out to be a popularity contest. I thought fits were going to be judged on merit, not how many friends/alts you can motivate.

(Rivr Luzade) #21

The Venture fittings are all acceptable. But the Exploration frigate fittings? How can you even compare them? Some are exploration fitting for K-space, others for W-space, some have analyzers, others have not. Some are fit for combat probing, others are not. How can you select the “best” fitting for a purpose if none of the 3 frigates in the poll serves the same purpose?