Presenting EVE PANDORA

Good morning,

Latest development post can be found here - March 2024

The PANDORA Agency system has gone live following almost 1 year in development and testing, with intense public beta testing coming to an end after 3 months.

The PANDORA Agency has been around in one form or another since around 2006. In that time, it was more of a combat system for members of T.R.I.A.D only to recognise kills and allowing for the placement of bounties on players - all through a PHP driven website. Rewards were given to T.R.I.A.D Corporation members for killing enemies or claiming bounties.

By 2008, a new version of the website was built - giving the ability for any citizen of New Eden to run missions for T.R.I.A.D. This was hugely successful and was THE FIRST AND ONLY public player-driven missioning system in EvE Online. This was well received by its users and saw itself in the news spotlight on several occasions.

EON magazine, a quarterly magazine for all goings-on in EvE Online also published an interview regarding the T.R.I.A.D Agency system in issue #023.

In 2014 V3 of the Agency system was built and evepandora.com was launched, bringing a huge change to how the agency worked overall. Other corporations and alliances were now able to implement their own missions and give their own rewards to the citizens of EvE for taking part. Soon, alliances were able to launch full scale campaigns, enemies were able to create their own counter-campaigns also offering rewards. The idea was to build a system so that leadership of alliances and corporations could build events and campaigns to drive the lore and their own backstory forwards.

One of the most popular campaigns titled INTO THE ABYSS was aimed at taking the fight into Amarr and Jita itself with large rewards for those taking part. This had a huge story arc which was unlocked depending on the outcome. It involved many encrypted campaigns which interlinked and auto-generated based upon other campaign outcomes. However, it was in mid 2018 that PANDORA went offline due to unseen circumstances - shortly after, coincidentally, ‘INTO THE ABYSS’ also became the name of the next big expansion to EvE Online.

Today, you are looking at V4 - a much smoother experience of all the nuts and bolts of V3, but with the addition of member statistics, standings gains and losses for mission running and campaigns and a much simpler campaign and mission implementation experience for users.

One of the regular questions asked throughout the testing period was - what is Pandora, what’s it about?

The short answer is: Content.

The long answer goes much deeper than that.

Back when I first started eve way back in beta, EvE provided the perfect opportunity for us players to help in the lore and formulate how each race would be represented and the factions within. This saw the ability for capsuleers to choose who to work for in the way of agents and to build up their loyalty and standing with the NPC corporations of New Eden. As you worked for these corporations, you also gained standing with their factions. As your standing goes up with these corporations from running missions, so too does your % added mission bonus the next time you run missions for them, etc, etc.

2003 saw eve go live. We began to see the roleplaying corporations of eve form, many of us leading these corporations - players who had come out of beta with an idea of how these factions should be represented based upon the backstory that had been built up. The People’s Republic of Minmatar (PRM) was formed from several roleplaying Minmatar corporations - a coalition of like-minded corporations. At the same time, PIE Inc., Blacksheep Squadron, Imperial Dreams and several other Amarr corporations had formed their own united front. War would rage between the two regions between these coalitions. This period allowed us to build up our own representation and a face to our own factions. Roleplay on the forums at this time rocketed and ingame events would take place amongst all four key factions being represented by their own coalitions of these corporations.

When we founded Ushra’Khan in 2004 and PIE Inc., Imperial Dreams and their allies founded CVA shortly after, it more than ever became a realisation to many that we the player base were capable of being the content drivers for ingame storylines. As such, ccp became heavily involved in the Ushra’Khan and CVA story and implemented many events which helped shape our paths and gave meaning, purpose and recognition of what we were about , what we stood for and what we were doing. In essence we were the roleplaying, warring factions that were a pre-cursor to faction war.

But there was always one thing on my mind - wouldn’t it be amazing if others from outside your corporation or alliance could get involved, as though you were their agent, to give you a face as one of the main players in New Eden, someone that others can run missions for?!

Thus, the T.R.I.A.D agency was born which allowed anyone to run missions for T.R.I.A.D from a website portal. Several EvE News posts were made related to this, such as:

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/t.r.i.a.d-corporation-agents-ready-to-offer-missions

Several versions of this website were created, expanding into faction warfare and allowing for those outside of T.R.I.A.D to kill our targets through missions but we wanted to expand to be able to allow everyone in eve, not just T.R.I.A.D, to be able to create missions or campaigns for their own corporation and alliance. However, at the time, the technology to create such a thing to be able to handle such a website was very limited compared to today.

With today’s version of evepandora, it is now capable of being a roleplay/content driver for all those interested and is capable of doing what it was meant for. You can create campaigns over set periods of time against target corporations or alliances or in specified systems with rewards to those taking part, whether from within your corporation or alliance or complete strangers.

Through creating content, key players can evolve - evepandora recognises who is creating content and singles them out for recognition. Important impacting content is put into a monthly news video release. Those who have taken part are given recognition for their involvement.

It is a tool to enable you to create news and unique content and story arcs where outcomes can change your path.

Imagine the following possible scenario:

You just created a campaign to invade enemy territory, where your campaign is locked and only visible to your alliance members. However, someone manages to hack your campaign and releases its details to your intended target. This intended target then creates a counter campaign to kill your alliance members in the territory you had chosen to attack - a campaign forcing them to defend against your upcoming attack on a date that you had set but is now known by your enemy. This then snowballs into assassination missions being placed on your fleet commanders, singling them out and breaking your offensive campaign. Following defeat, you place multiple supply missions to setup a production HQnearby the enemy HQ. Missions runners in evepandora are ferrying minerals to you and before you know it you now have a fleet of battleships due to those you’ve never met providing you the materials in hours. Another campaign to make a second attack is made and victory is yours.

With it’s own standings system, those who run missions and make claims on campaigns they have been involved in will begin to stand out as having loyalty to certain individuals, corporations and alliances.

Evepandora allows you to be the driver of this content where you create the events and forge your own path and can change the destiny of others. With our monthly news broadcasts and eve insider news giving storyline updates within our website - you could use this as the catalyst in pushing you, your corporation or your alliance forward.

Don’t let the NPC agents get all the love.

Be the agent. Make history.

DeT Resprox (evepandora).

JOIN US IN THE EVEPANDORA DISCORD

EVE PANDORA IN THE COMMUNITY BEAT

43 Likes

Your link is broken.

Also, I’m not entirely sure what this means. I mean, it sounds like doing merc work and having business dealing with RP nerds, only they make you sit through a bunch of RP crap before they tell you what they actually want.

If that’s the case, then I love it. Not because I like RP, but I giggle at the thought of people banging their heads against their desks as they wait for an RP nerd to finish their speil before they can get mission objectives or payouts.

4 Likes

Ooops link fixed - thanks!

Not necessarily just RP, it’s geared towards RP for sure, but every corp/alliance can also create their own News entries and content.

The RP content would be put into the campaign/mission description by the creator…though it doesn’t have to be full-on RP - the RPers would be more likely to follow the RP driven content.

There’s hopefully something here for everyone, not just the RP-ers :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting, I’ll check it out. I’ve actually suggested CCP needed to implement something similar to enliven EVE, but of course they’re much too busy killing the game economy to actually work on something unique and interesting.

1 Like

Nothing happens after I hit Authorize on Character Selection screen for ESI. Loading circle just spins. [ edit] eventually logged in after a good while

Clicking [ http://evepandora.com/eve-online-pandora-campaigns?start=4 ] gives me [ Server Error in '/' Application.Object reference not set to an instance of an - Pastebin.com ]

Suggestion, greyish-blue text on green-ish gray image background is not great.

1 Like

Interesting idea, but it won’t work in the year of our lord 2021 and beyond because the game no longer has any means of attacking other players except for suicide-ganking them using Catalysts. The era when something like this was possible ended around 2011/2012, when Greyscale and Soundwave plucked out all the good bits from EVE’s freshly-slain, still-twitching body, and fed them to their dogs.

5 Likes

Yours was a very strange error which hopefully is now fixed.

I’ll look at changing the text colour against the background. During the original beta stages, there was no background, it ran the video in the background (video on button in the nav bar at top).

1 Like

A pleasure to see this finally up and running fully, and also quite pleased to have already made a(admittedly limited) campaign with it open for just about everyone, the December Pegeler Combat Derby

I fully intend to utilize EVE Pandora as often as I feasibly can to setup scenarios and content for my own people as well as the wider community, roleplay or otherwise, and look forward to seeing it continue to grow

1 Like

Solecist Project got this error when he accepted the mission “Minerals for Contracts”.

He’s also complaining about the slow website.

2 Likes

Good morning,

Just been looking at the server logs. This error happened while they were accepting a supply mission at 9:05am.

There was a quick fix patch deployed at 9:00am which looks like it lost recognition of who they were logged in as - bad timings :frowning:

Work is being done on speeding up the site over the week with a view to possibly upgrading the servers.

4 Likes

What is it and what does it cost?

1 Like

It’s for generating missions and campaigns, much as though you were an NPC agent for yourself, your corporation or alliance.

There are User Guide videos in the About section at https://evepandora.com/about where you can also find a guide on Funding. You cover the cost of your campaigns and missions you create yourself - you are the agent.

However, we can create it for you at your request as described in the Funding section:

All campaigns and missions are funded by the issuing party. However there is also the option where you may prefer that the campaign or mission is generated by evepandora admins on your behalf.

In doing so, we request that you send the ISK to fund the mission or campaign ingame to the character evepandora, along with a descriptive reason for why your isk was sent. We also request that you add an additional 10% ISK on top of reward amount you send (or items via contract) as an administration fee for creating your content.

Please also send an ingame mail to evepandora detailing what you would like your campaign or mission to be for and the criteria for your campaign/mission and who it should be for and against. For campaigns, please also ensure that you include a Start Date and Tie as well as an End Date and Time.

2 Likes

Oh ok so a player mission maker?

Thats pretty cool

4 Likes

I’m ashamed that I never heard of this before. I’m all for player-made content.

but taking a look at it now, the website seems very dense and busy visually. it’s very hard for me to understand what I’m supposed to look at and focus my attention on.
all the elements are bunched up and squeezed together in the middle. text and images seem small.
visually, it seems rather confusing, considering all of the above and the fact that most of it is the same exact shade of blue.

to put it simply, I think you should enlarge the elements in the website, significantly increase the spacing to spread them out more, and widen the color variety.

4 Likes

Yes, the text and layout make it hard to read, hopefully someone is working on that.

Also if you click on Warfare → Incursions you get a Server Error (or at least I do).

Still lots of interesting stuff there, will be checking it out over time.

3 Likes

Hi there.

Thank you for your feedback. Along with feedback from others, changes have now been implemented, hopefully making it more readable than previously.

We will continue to make improvements based upon user feedback.

3 Likes

This indeed looks interesting

2 Likes

Currently Active Campaigns
Full List available here

FACTION WARFARE CAMPAIGNS - ARM YOUR WEAPONS
ArmYourWeaponsClick
Four nations. Two alliies and two enemies, colliding on the battlefield of low security space.

Hundreds of capsuleers defending their people against the oncoming swarms of their enemy. But only one will stand the tallest for their nation.

With our monthly campaign to recognise the pilot with the most kills for their faction, will you be the one to take the prize?

Arm your weapons.

CAMPAIGN REWARDS

-250,000,000.00 ISK ISSUED TO THE CAPSULEER AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD AT THE END OF THIS CAMPAIGN.
Start DateTime: 2021-12-01 00:00:00
End DateTime: 2021-01-01 00:00:00

SPACELANE PATROL
SpacelanePatrolClick
In the late hours of the 3rd December yc123, trade vessels in Uedama came under fire from alliance members of Safety.

This attack has continued into today and we can confirm that concord has been assisted on sight by capsuleers willing to put up a fight to protect the tradelanes to and from Jita.

One such incident saw Eric Snarski come under fire. Githany Red was on hand to assist the ferighter in repairing it’s shields - thus preventing loss.

These trade lanes need protecting and concord needs your assistance at this time.

CAMPAIGN REWARDS

-250,000.00 ISK PER KILL THAT MEETS THE OBJECTIVES AND REQUIREMENTS (capped to 25M Max per capsuleer).
-75,000,000.00 ISK ISSUED TO THE CAPSULEER AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD AT THE END OF THIS CAMPAIGN.
Start DateTime: 2021-12-04 15:00:00
End DateTime: 2021-01-18 15:00:00

DECEMBER PEGELER COMBAT DERBY
This December! In lowsec Pegeler district, participate in this free fire combat derby sponsored by the United Neopian Federation, diplomat and director Lauralite Anne Brezia, and the Eugales Development Authority! Final blows against capsuleer targets in lowsec Pegeler will be aggregated and registered until December 31st at 16:00:00 nest, and rewards disbursed accordingly.

Come and have a blast, and sharpen your combat skills this month, and enjoy the sights in Eugales between combat engagements!

CAMPAIGN REWARDS

-300,000,000.00 ISK ISSUED TO THE CAPSULEER AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD AT THE END OF THIS CAMPAIGN.
-200,000,000.00 ISK ISSUED TO THE CAPSULEER SECOND ON THE LEADERBOARD AT THE END OF THIS CAMPAIGN.
-100,000,000.00 ISK ISSUED TO THE CAPSULEER THIRD ON THE LEADERBOARD AT THE END OF THIS CAMPAIGN.

BONUS REWARDS

-5,000,000.00 ISK FOR THE KILL BEING IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS:

• EUGALES

Start DateTime: 2021-12-02 16:00:00
End DateTime: 2021-12-31 16:00:00

2 Likes

Further campaigns including more anti-pirate campaigns and a campaigns for pirates will be available in the coming days - more can be found on our new DISCORD server where members will be alerted if they have rewards to claim on any active campaign.

1 Like

Sadly since i do logistics not on many kills but should get some isk at some point.

2 Likes