Probe - Tech 1 - Exploration

minmatar
alpha
pve

(ISD Stall) #1

A fitting for the Minmatar Probe. This fit is aimed at new players wanting to get into exploration and hacking.

This fitting is meant for Alpha players and can include up to Tech 1 modules. This fit cannot use a cloak.

(ISD Stall) #2

Fit provided by @Gorzilla

[Probe, Alpha T1 Exploration]

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Warp Core Stabilizer I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Core Probe Launcher I
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Small Memetic Algorithm Bank I

Acolyte I x3
Hobgoblin I x4

Core Scanner Probe I x16

Description: Just all you need for exploration in High/Low/Null. Try to avoid enemies in Low/Null with a look in Local-chat, D-Scan and lastly the double Warp Core Stabilizers. If you find yourself in gate camp, just overheat your microwarpdrive and re-approach the gate. The rigs increase the Virus Coherence (Health) of your Relic and Data Analyzer, so you got a better chance at getting the good loot.

The community has contributed other fits in this thread. Feel free to explore them as well!

(Obil Que) #3
[Probe, Alpha Probe]

Nanofiber Internal Structure I
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier

Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster, ECCM Script
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster, ECCM Script
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher
TE-2100 Ample Light Missile Launcher

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
[Empty Rig slot]

'Integrated' Acolyte x3

A fit for alpha explorers in wormholes. Virtually immune to combat scanning without high skill and virtue implant sets, provides a level of safety to an alpha sitting at a safe spot from being probed down while scanning. Can be adapted in the midslots to use data or relic analyzers with a mobile depot in cargo.

Polls: Venture & T1 Exploration Frigates
(Gorzilla) #4

Just all you need for exploration in High/Low/Null.

Try to avoid enemies in Low/Null with a look in Local-chat, D-Scan and lastly the double Warp Core Stabilizers. If you find yourself in gatecamp, just overheat your MWD and reapproach the gate.

The rigs increase the Virus Coherence (Health) of your Relic and Data Analyzer, so you got a better chance at getting the good loot.

[Probe, All_In_One]

Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I

Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Acolyte I x3
Hobgoblin I x4

Core Scanner Probe I x8

(Nora Maldoran) #5
[Probe, Exploration]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Inertial Stabilizers I

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

Light Missile Launcher I
Light Missile Launcher I
Core Probe Launcher I

[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x4
Warrior I x3

Inferno Light Missile x1000
Core Scanner Probe I x16

Although there are Missile Launchers fitted, it’s better to avoid combat with this fitting.
It is also very generous on Power Grid and CPU so that characters with very low skills should be able to use it. The Rigs and the Scan Rangefinding Array I suppose to help with the scan strength.

(Horza Tareem) #7
[Probe, It's Probing Time]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Drone Damage Amplifier I

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50

200mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
200mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Caldari Navy Hornet x3

This is a battle probe. With Standard Blue Pill it can tank your average gank Astero long enough to bring some reinforcements (always OH and pulse your booster if possible). It will absolutely ravage bombers and will probably be able to tank a dictor for a while (but don’t count on it).

The idea would be to jump to the site,orbit around a can, or just stay a bit on the beacon as if you’re scanning, or launch the probes and stay near a planet etc. - anyways, some that may bait people in.

Once they’re in scram range - scram, orbit at 500, take out the drones, OH the guns (if alphas can) scram and afterburner.

If it’s an astero, try and “defang” (i.e. take out his drones). If it’s a really bad fit or a bad player you may even get a chance to kill it.

If it’s a fellow explorer - they’re dead. T2 ships may be a little slippery.

Try and keep your ship’s name somebody’s Probe - where ‘somebody’ is a random new char (not you), that you encountered, or found on the killboard, preferably one with a bad track record.

It’s a bit off-topic as it’s not necessarily aimed at hacking - but you will have to do the probing and exploration part - the rewards will be taken from your victims though, instead of cans.

(Shriven Intaki) #8

Fully T1 Fit Probe for all types of exploration. It is familiar to the fit @Gorzilla posted. I swapped the warp stabs on his fit for the Inertials, added a DC for a little extra tank and also added a couple of 200mm ACs for a little bit more DPS. An Alpha toon could use this Probe fit to run any of the Data/Relic Anoms including the Drone Data sites.

[Probe, T1 Alpha]

Inertial Stabilizers I
Damage Control I
Inertial Stabilizers I

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I

200mm AutoCannon I, EMP S
200mm AutoCannon I, EMP S

[Empty Rig slot]

Acolyte I x3

(One Two Buklemaschu) #9
[Probe, Alpha Probe]

‘Stoic’ Core Equalizer I
‘Stoic’ Core Equalizer I

Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I

Hornet EC-300 x7

All T1 Modules, High slot is probe launcher only to discourage new players thinking they can engaging in non exploration activities, I Recommend upgrading to sisters probes ASAP. Mid slots include both analyzers to allow data and relic exploration without refitting, and a scan strength module to help with locating sites. Low slots are all GTFO modules, balancing cost vs benefit, can up the meta to bling :slight_smile: . Rigged to improve coherence to make opening the cans a little easier. Drones for more GTFO.

(Hoshi) #10

[Probe, Dojo Exploration Probe]

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Cargo Scanner I
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

Prototype Cloaking Device I
Core Probe Launcher I
Salvager I

Acolyte I x5

Core Scanner Probe I x8

The exploration Probe given out by the brave dojo to all new minmatar members that joins brave. Cheap and effective.

(Dieterlin) #11
[Probe, Alpha]

Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I

OE-5200 Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x3
Hobgoblin I x3
Hobgoblin I x1

The fit is fully T1, coming in at a total build cost of 1.2m.

With the MWD, Inertial Stabilizer, and two Nanofibers, this fit is fast and agile enough to burn back to gate when needed. Although many players like to fit warp core stabilizers, Interdictors and warp disruption bubbles are common enough in Nullsec that agility is more likely to save you than warp core strength.

Two emission scope sharpeners will make your relic analyzer substantially more powerful - giving you a better chance at cracking into those valuable nullsec relic containers. Data sites are typically less valuable, so more emphasis has been placed on the relic analyzer.

Rocket launchers are an optional accessory, but there’s really no reason not to have them - without a cloak there is little competition for high slots.

(Synth Oscil) #12

[Probe, Combat_Scout]
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
Drone Damage Amplifier I

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Small Ancillary Shield Booster
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

150mm Light Prototype Automatic Cannon
Core Probe Launcher I
150mm Light Prototype Automatic Cannon

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

Warrior I x3
Acolyte I x4

Republic Fleet EMP S x540
Navy Cap Booster 25 x27
Republic Fleet Fusion S x240
Core Scanner Probe I x16

About this Fit:
This “all T1 mods and drones” Probe’s fit could be the explorer’s first kill weapon in wormhole space.
Fitted for scouting and SOLO PvP.
It has the minimum T1 for the new new player.
But can quickly swap low slot modules for T2 variants (gyros, damage control and drones damage amp.) swap the drones for “integrated” variants.
Turret can be upgraded to meta 4 also in the alpha’s skill limit. for more dps.
Can swap the afterburner for a MWD but it’s a risk(against scramblers), and shrinks your capacitor.

Insight about this Fit:
When you explore with a hacking fitted ship you’ll find other pilots scanning & hacking in ships also fitted for PvP. They might be on to you for a bonus loot or just an explosion.
Once you are fed with your losses attempting to hack in wormholes, it’s time to have fun again.
That’s were an “explorer” probe fitted for combat instead of hacking, is a nice surprise to successfully reach a target at range on a scanned site, and this time: you are being the hunter.

You can take down an Astero (not T2 droned and dual rep fitted), with this fit, assuming you take down all it’s drones at first. Yet with a T2 droned and turret + other mods, the probe could give you fair winning odds against a pvp Astero!
Don’t hesitate to burn(mwd, afterburner) to a Stealth Bomber and melt it fast.

Note:
Ancillary shield uses massive capacitor energy when it runs out of cap booster /!\ be sure to stop it and reload right away when it runs out.

(Neugeniko) #13

[Probe, Relic Raider]

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Cargo Scanner I
Relic Analyzer I

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]

Hobgoblin I x3
Hobgoblin I x3
Hobgoblin I x1

This ship will have you exploring and looting archeological sites in no time at all. Alpha certified, this fit has the required Core Probe Launcher I and a additional Scan Rangefinding Array I for improving probe strength, find sites quickly!

Once on site the 5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive will move you between containers rapidly. The Cargo Scanner I allow you to inspect containers before attempting to access them, so you can sort the wheat from the chaff. The Relic Analyzer I offers container access and is augmented by two Small Emission Scope Sharpener I for increased virus coherence.

Finally the three Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure provide the ability to rapidly evacuate the site and enter warp in case hostiles show up.

Cheers,
Neug

(zluq zabaa) #14
[Probe, Probe]
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier
Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizers

Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
Type-E Enduring Cargo Scanner

Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Salvager I
Festival Launcher, Sodium Firework

[Empty Rig Slot]

Warrior I x3

Optional Cargo:
Mobile Depot 
Scan Acquisition Array I
Medium Secure Container

Here is why:

The Probe is a great little Frigate, that can do a great number of things. Use it to scan down juicy Relic or Data Sites and extract their loot. The above fit is meant for Alphas who want to dive into Exploration as quickly as possible.

Use your Core Probe Launcher to scan down Sites and use your Cargo Scanner to quickly check the contents of the containers in there. If they are empty or contain one piece of Carbon, don’t waste your time with them. Depending on the type of Site, either use Relic or Data Analyzer on the good containers and make sure you stay within 5000m from them. If you start a hack attempt and go beyond 5000m the hack will automatically fail. “Keep at Range” or “Orbit” them at about 2500m, which is close enough to extract the loot into your cargohold after a successful hack, but far enough away to not bump into the container if you need to escape for any reason. The latter is important for these brave Alphas who go for more shiny loot in Lowsec, Nullsec or Wormhole Space. If suddenly another ship de-cloaks next to you, it is best to warp off immediately. With few exceptions other ships cannot immediately target you after the de-cloak, so if you react quickly enough, you might make it out alive with all your nice Relic and Data loot.

For Alphas to fit a hybrid PVP and Exploration Probe might be possible, but you’ll lose a lot of efficiency on both sides, so I would recommend to concentrate on either.

Lowslots:
Align-time and a Signal Amplifier to lock Loot Containers more quickly and from a greater distance (additionally being scanned-down becomes a tad harder).

Midslots:
Relic, Data Analyzer, MWD to move around quickly (and have options to gtfo from hairy situations), Cargo Scanner because you really want to know what is inside the Containers before hacking them. It can add to the desire to get better Relic/Data skills if you fail hacks with juicy loot.

Highslots:
Probe Launcher of course, but instead of T1 Probes, I would always recommend using Sisters Core Scanner Probes. They are the most expensive part of the fit, but they give a massive advantage to scanning these Sites down quickly, which is great if you compete with other capsuleers in Highsec. Salvager, because you never know when you find a T2 wreck. Festival Launcher because EVE is fun!

Rigs:
Give support to hacking attempts, for both kind of Sites.

Drones:
Warriors, because you are a Warrior and not a Hob-goblin!

Optional:

Cargohold:
If ISK allows it, you might want to have a Mobile Depot with you to re-fit in stationless Systems, in case a site proves to be hard to scan down. The Scan Arrays help with Speed and Scan strenghts and could even be a standard approach: enter system with Scan Arrays fitted and the Relic/Data Analyzers in Cargo. Launch your probes and start scanning, meanwhile warp to a celestial and anchor your Mobile Depot. Right-click on it and bookmark its location. 60s later or whenever you are finished scanning, use the Mobile Depot to refit your Analyzers in exchange of the Scan Arrays. Warp to the Sites and get the loot. Warp back to the Mobile Depot, re-fit again to your Scan setup, scoop the Depot and continue your journey.

The Medium Secure Container helps to get more Cargo into your hold (65m3 more), but if your hold is full, you might need to manually drag loot from Containers into it - so it’s a bit of a trade-off. The big advantage is, that you can anchor it at safe-spots to deposit your loot, in case you have a strong feeling you might not make it out of the system alive. Launch it to space, put your valuables in there, make a bookmark and come back later. These Containers cannot be scanned down using conventional methods. Depending on the quality of your safe-spot (i.e. using more than 2 points in space to create it), a player will need several hours to find it and most people just wouldn’t bother trying that.

SKILLS:
You should be able to use everything immediately, apart from Scan Arrays, which require Level II of “Astrometric Acquisition” / “Astrometric Rangefinding”

(MuraSaki Siki) #15

before everything , here’s the fit

[Probe, exploration only]
Overdrive Injector System I
5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
Cargo Scanner I
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

then let’s talk about how it is fitted.

first thing first, EXPORTATION here means searching relic and data sites, hack them and get the loots out. Sure you can probe down DED or wormhole, but you would better change your mid slot mods

NO warp core stab
in high sec, stay with you green safety lock and everything is fine. It may be essential to survive in lowsec, but in my opinion, warp core stabs slow down your locking speed and range, which slow down the whole hacking process.

ALL mods feel free to upgrade to higher meta lvl
there are bunch of CPU and PG left, so even when you upgrade to Omega clone, switching to all T2 mods the fit still works!

Travel fast
the low slot and rig are all to make your ship travel fast within the site. Sometimes the hacking cans are far apart from 10 to 40km, travel fast means the time expose to the treat become lower.

then let me explain the mods
low slot
overdrive injector and the low friction rig make your ship fast and light. It’s OK to switch to nanofibre internal structure, polycarbon rig…etc.

mid slot
Pretty standard, MWD give you speed(remember pulse it instead keep it running, your ship is fast enough travel between cans in one or two pulse)
Data and relic analyzer are obvious. Cargo scanner let you know if the can is empty or only rubbish in it.

high slot
All you need is probe. You can risk to load Sister core scan probes, which is actually not expensive
You can load 8 and 8 in cargo, so the launcher can reload just after you launch the probe.

How to use the fit
Since you dun have a cloak, it is vulnerable when you are probing. So after jumping through the gate, immediate warp to object(planet, POCO, belt etc.) 70 or 100km, and then double click to space so you keep moving when you are probing. It would be safe if you can find a public structure which can terther you.

After finding a site, scan fast, hack fast and loot fast. You dun have warp core stabs to protect you, but you can lock up can and scan them very far. Choose which can is valuable and go for it.

How about drones?
if you spot any unfriendly, just warp away. 3.53, which 4 second align time is not so long

(ISD Fractal) #16