Punisher - Tech 1 - PVP

A fitting for the Amarr Punisher to be used for PVP.

Requirements / Points to Consider when suggesting a fit.

• This fitting is meant for Alpha players and can include only Tech 1 modules.
  • The cost of the fittings should be relatively low. Remember its for new players.
  • Try to keep the complexity of the fittings down - For instance, micro managing cap boosters is not something a new player may have experience in.
1 Like

I tried this with some people on my stream yesterday:

[Punisher, Punisher Attempt #2]

Damage Control I
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Limited Adaptive Nano Plating I
Extruded Compact Heat Sink

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Dual Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I

[Empty Rig slot]
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
Small Energy Metastasis Adjuster I

Multifrequency S x4
Radio S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x8

One rig slot left empty, as you ideally want to put a Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I in there, and that single rig would make the entire fit 33% more expensive.
The downside to the Punisher is that it does not have enough mid-slots for both a web and a scram. A web in this case has more effect as it allows to put more damage on the opponent. A scram would guarantee a kill, but getting to a point that you can get a kill is more easily done with a web.

This is a bit faster armor buffer punisher. Idea is keep at range 3 km scram and fire.
[Punisher, T1 alfa]
Dual Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Multifrequency S

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

Damage Control I
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Small Energy Collision Accelerator I

[Punisher, Alpha]

Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
‘Collateral’ Adaptive Nano Plating I

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
J5 Enduring Warp Disruptor

Small Focused Anode Particle Stream I

Small Energy Burst Aerator I
Small Energy Discharge Elutriation I
Small Energy Discharge Elutriation I

Infrared S x4
Multifrequency S x4
Radio S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x8

Current Cost below 1,3m ISK

120DPS at 7,5 km (w/ Multifrequency)
70DPS at 18 km (w/ Infrared) This is the default engagement range
50DPS at 24 km (w/ Radio)

Decent mobility with below 4 seconds time to warp and 3055 m/s speed.
Armor tank should be used only when needed, despite being an Amarr ship, the punisher doesn’t have the cap or the slots to support an Armor repairer for extended periods of time.

How to fly:
Try to pick fights with slower ships (preferably afterburner fit)
Infrared s is loaded by default.
Try orbitting your Target at 16 km, use your MWD as needed. (Your cap holds almost 3 minutes if you use your weapons, mwd and warp disruptor)
Avoid being scrambled(~11km)/webbed(~13km) by other ships. Fighting at point blank range will most likely end in your demise.
If you get caught switch to Multifrequency and try to brawl it out with your opponent.
If you are getting in trouble or the fight is starting to go sour, you can always align out, and burn away and warp out. (MWD Speed w/ overheat 4,3 km/s) Assuming you are not scrambled.
Your cap only holds 30 seconds if you have your Armor Repairer running as well. Only ‘pulse’ it to gain some armor back.
If you cap yourself out, you will die.

Some thoughs:
I don’t think there are any really viable Punisher fittings for solo pvp. The 2 medslots limit the engagement profile extremely, due to lacking range control paired with engagement range (T1 Pulse Lasers).

AB + Scram looses to any fit with web, or at least fails to score the kill if the pilot pays attention.
MWD + Scram is dead in the water if the oponent has a scrambler of its own, which is very likely.
Scram + Web is dead in the water.
AB + Web will also not score a kill against pilots paying attention.
MWD + Web, same issue.

Therefore i think kiting with MWD + Disruptor is the only “decent” way to go since completely avoids the range control problem above. Fighting AB ships will most of the time result in a victory. Instead of failing to score a kill due to lacking range control.
I think the tormentor would have been a better pick here.

Even though a Tormentor is the undoubtly Stronger PVP Frigate for Amarr here is my Entry:

[Punisher, AC-Punisher]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Damage Control I
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

200mm Light ‘Scout’ Autocannon I

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I

Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium S x750
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x750
Republic Fleet Fusion S x750
Nanite Repair Paste x8
Republic Fleet EMP S x750

Cost: 7.6M

Given the Punisher has no Weapons Bonus (besides Laser Cap Consumption) I decided to go with ACs instead, as they make fitting this ship alot easier, offer a greater variety of Damage types and track better. This fit does not contain a scram, only prop and web. This is because with only 2 Midslots even if you had a scram nearly every ship will have easy range control on you and can disengage whenever they want, with a web you have atleast a hope to control range and in this setup is in my opinion vastly superior, as it gives you options instead of a scram, that only gives the enemy options. The Tank takes advantage of the resistance bonuses and paired with the buffed Ancil repairer threw rigs can take quite a beating. Also the Cap life is very long due to having lasers in mind and not using them.

I like the idear of the Poster above me to kite with it but the punisher just is to slow for that in my opinion also kiting as a beginner, especially with a subpar hull like this, just asks for disaster imo. Thats why I submitted this AC fit, but honestly replacing this thread with a Tormentor would be a better bet, its just superior with 3 Midslots and better bonuses for this.

[Punisher, Punisher - NOS Tackle]

Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Punisher NOS Tackle
Defense through speed, armor resistance and dual reps if required.
Point of tackle is to take and hold, DPS is only a bonus, which in this case there is none.
The NOS on this setup could potential cap-out a hostile target allowing escape.

1 Like

Punisher has good tank and decent DPS… but lasers don’t track worth a crap.

The trick to winning with a punisher is to fly in a straight line and have good enough speed to keep close range guns off you.

Mwd is good enough on it, but a 14k EHP tank, neut, and AB it’s hard to tackle, hold, and orbit.

It’s less about the build than knowing how to fly to maximize lasers.

The tank is big enough to wait to neut out most boats that have web tackle… and then to get outside their range.

[Punisher, PVP alpha]

Reactive Armor Hardener
IFFA Compact Damage Control

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler

150mm Light ‘Scout’ Autocannon I, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Nanite Repair Paste x40
Republic Fleet EMP S x640
Republic Fleet Fusion S x640
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x640

So, this fitting uses autocannons to save capacitor since the punisher only has a bonus to energy turret capacitor use and not damage or tracking
also autocannons use way less powergrid than energy turrets and with the saved powergrid it opens up the fitting to use dual 400mm armor plates + small ancillary armor repairer for tank.
also with autocannons you can surprise your oponent by suddenly firing explosive or kinetic damage rather than em/thermal only
when the reactive armor hardener has adjusted to the incoming damage usually a frigate is not able to break your 2x400mm plate passive tank until your ancillary armor repairer is reloaded, thus giving you a massive advantage

usually with this fitting you can hit way above your weight class, even killing T1/T2/T3 destroyers or cruisers

just pre overheat your ancillary armor repairer + reactive armor hardener, get into 500m orbit with AB on and tank + slowly kill your oponent

have fun with it!
:wink:

edit: it is a little pricey though!

2 Likes

[Punisher, Kite T1]

Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Heat Sink I
Heat Sink I
200mm Steel Plates I

5MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor I

Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Dual Light Beam Laser I

Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Microwave S x4
Multifrequency S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x5

For Solo PvP Amarr ships are Kiters with a strong backup armor tank for emergency situations. This Kite Punisher deals Damage within warp disruptor range with microwave crystals and can switch to stronger damage output with multifrequency crystals in case it gets tackled. its backup armor tank is guaranteed by a 200mm armor plate which can be upgraded to a 400mm one for players with good engineering skills. But thanks to its two nanofibres and microwarpdrive combined with extended capacitor life thanks to its rig it should not get tackled anyway.

1 Like

[Punisher, Verse’s Cheap-o-tank]

Upgraded Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Limited Adaptive Nano Plating I
Damage Control I

J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler

150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, EMP S

EMP S x1000
Fusion S x1000
Titanium Sabot S x1000

It still rocks a respectable 10k ehp at max skills, which is a lot for a frigate. The polycarbon rigs allow you to keep up a bit with the scram kiters if you catch them in scram range and they have a web.

The fit is only 1.4m and has ~20% cpu left and ~10% pg left for your alpha fitting needs.

Hello! This topic is now closed and votes are being taken at the relevant thread, located over here. Please be sure to vote. Thank you!