Pyfa - The Python Fitting Assistant

Take your time to read at least summary of changes in the release, would save you some guessing. From 2.9.0:

From 2.9.1:

And thinking behind this: i wanted to clean up some visual clutter while retaining functionality + quoting myself from reddit about this default behavior:

3 Likes

Here’s a silly question…

Why is this thread about Pyfa 2.3.0 still going?

Shouldn’t there be a new thread for 2.9.0 / 2.9.1 ? Or maybe just a thread about Pyfa in general?

=)

This thread is the official pyfa thread on eve-o forums, it’s linked on README.md from pyfa repo and from the app itself. Unfortunately, I cannot edit title, will remind blitzmann to do it.

1 Like

Oh i see it. Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up (literally) :smiley:

1 Like

In case devs read this forum: charge loading in version 2.9.1 is really uncomfortable (for me at least).
While earlier I could access both load and load all options in one context menu, now I have to press keyboard button. Can we have old way in context menu along with new button?

1 Like

You literally need to read 4 posts above yours to find the answer to your question.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Are you using pyfa from PC or tablet?

You can invert default behavior with setting available in preferences already. Is that not enough for your habits?

1 Like

1st Thank you for creating and maintaining PYFA

And my question is sorry how do I heat modules in pyfa?
I’m pretty sure it used to be some key combination but nothing works and there’s no option under right click for any active module. edit: Pyfa updated now but I still can’t find a way to heat.

1 Like

Right click the green check next to the module.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. @Dear Dev I humbly suggest to add it to the right click menu…

I have 2 other suggestions if I may:

1 . Please add a way to completely (I believe the word in English is) collapse entire tree of the Market items.
When making or changing several fits with many different items it gradually becomes hard to navigate in the Market items, there is a lot of scrolling and branches and sub-branches start to blend together. Collapsing every branch and sub-branch 1 by 1 is annoying to be honest. Resizing window alleviates the problem a little but doesn’t fix it and it’s often nice to have non-fullscreen Pyfa on top of Eve.

2 . I’m completely used to the ship types list but I remember being lost and confused when I 1st started and I can imagine it’s the same for anyone launching Pyfa for the 1st time.
So my suggestion would be to keep how it looks now not to give a headache to long time users but add a 2nd way to view the ship type list, with a clear option on the top how to switch between the 2.
I’m thinking of some sort of a tree for the 2nd way to view that list, like:

• Frigates (Tier 1 and pirate faction’s)
  • Frigates (Tier 2)
    – Assault Frigates
    – Electronic Attack Ships
    – Expedition Frigates
    … and so on.

Also could it be done then filters by ship size, availability to alphas and that complete collapse of the tree idea would be nice here too.

o7

1 Like

Hi there!

Got an error. I clicked “Project onto Active Fit” and…

pyfa v2.9.1
EVE Data Version: 1492195 (2019-04-16 09:50:22)

OS version: Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0
Python version: 3.6.8 (tags/v3.6.8:3c6b436a57, Dec 23 2018, 23:31:17) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)]
wxPython version: 4.0.4 (wxWidgets 3.0.5)
SQLAlchemy version: 1.0.5
Logbook version: 1.4.3
Requests version: 2.21.0
Dateutil version: 2.8.0

####################

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\projects\pyfa\gui\builtinShipBrowser\fitItem.py", line 188, in OnProjectToFit
AttributeError: module 'gui.fitCommands' has no attribute 'GuiAddProjectedCommand'

Let me know if you need anything else and thank you for all you do!

Moose

1 Like

You know, now that they mention having things a bit more organized… I wouldn’t mind if there was a way to dig down into the module sizes easier. Like instead of selecting ABs, and seeing every size and flavor of AB, if we could go deeper into just 1mn or 10mn separately. I know I could search for the words “1mn” and it would sort them out. But a bit more organization on the module trees wouldn’t hurt either. =)

Just wanted to quickly say thanks to all of you who continue to put work into this. The latest version of Pyfa has resolved that issue with the skill list.

The implants actually seem to work as well, I suspect it was just user error on my part.

2 Likes

Made a ticket for this, which should implement what you need I think: When market group is collapsed, collapse all expanded children · Issue #1964 · pyfa-org/Pyfa · GitHub
You still will have to collapse top-level groups one-by-one but their children will be handled automatically. I agree navigating the market is pain in the ass, I am always using search and “jump to market group” myself, and never market tree.

Currently pyfa uses ship groups to sort them there. Changing it to be more like market (using market groups) is something which takes significant effort, so I’d say this feature can be added only if someone besides me implements it.

It has been fixed in dev version, wait for next release (which should be in 1 or 2 days).

We’re reusing EVE market tree. Theoretically, we could subdivide it further and group items according to their base item (e.g. 5mn-50mn-500mn would go into different groups, same for 125mm-150mm-200mm autocannons), but I am unsure if it’s a good decision.

Better to ask CCP to fix that on their end - would benefit ingame market as well.

1 Like

v2.9.2 is out! It implements some of suggestions posted to this thread, as well as numerous other improvements and fixes. You can find it on release page, as always.

2 Likes

And yet another release, this time preview release - which includes latest singularity server updates (new triglavian ships and more): https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/tag/v2.9.3dev1

2 Likes

@Kadesh_Priestess You are awesomeness. <3 I want to send you ISK or something for how much I love this program. =) I recommend it to everyone.

Gday,

Thought id do a quick post here, its only a minor issue, ive transitioned from EFT to PYFA and noticed the UI is quite small when trying to read the statistics. Over long periods of theory crafting it starts to hurt the eyes. Is it possible to increase the font or UI in relation to the fitting and statistics sections? I cant seem to find anything on google or in the application.

Great work by the way!!
Cheers, Splint

1 Like

I have successfully imported all of my characters via ESI, but when I build a new fit it only allows me to select “All 0” or “All 5” characters. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi,
got the same issue. Character Import via ESI, then nothing happens in regard to selectable characters. Any news on that topic?