Ravana 279 (The Golden Serpent) o7 + Cyno Memorial Tribute - UPDATE: Memorial Blown Up By No Handlebars

As said in the post/twitter, Ravana 279 (The Golden Serpent) has taken her life.

She was a member in my alliance for a while (Two Maidens One Chalice)

She did a lot of artwork (The art was really f*cking amazing, like seriously go check it out: https://www.deviantart.com/ningishzidda/art/Ravana-729-s-Story-Part-III-The-Avenging-Angel-740402581

I personally got on with her fairly well, she was amazing at her artwork and was always willing to talk, she really did care about others.

I’m really at a loss for words, I regret not being there for her when she needed us to know, and this really does put everything into perspective, I hear about so many people choosing to kill themselves and never really thought of it affecting me until now, and I feel really shitty about not seeing any signs or being able to stop it.

As a tribute to Ravana, we will be holding a Cyno Tribute in Asghed @ 20:00 EVE Time tonight - Cyno herons will be provided if you don’t bring your own.

o7 Ravana, you will be missed.

Update: Pics from the event can be found here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8we0am/ravana_729_the_golden_serpent_death_memorial_cyno/

Video of the event made by Taronn Penance: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvevv9fjbv3ql9a/Ravana.mp4?dl=0

UPDATE:
SWEG (No Handlebars) have decided that killing the memorial astrahus is a funny thing to do even though they were made aware of it’s freeport memorial status.

Logs from my convo with him:
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:12 ] Baltrom > well
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:27 ] Baltrom > nothing says i love you
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:30 ] Baltrom > like a killmail

[ 2018.07.21 21:01:35 ] Baltrom > we will remember her
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:41 ] Baltrom > with the eternelized km on zkill

Members smugposting in local about how we couldnt form to fight their 20 tempests/10 guardians etc.

Pretty sad tbh.

6 Likes

o7 :milky_way:

1 Like

7o …

1 Like

My sincere condolences and sympathy to family and friends for their loss, I wish them all much strength and fortitude in dealing with this tragedy.

o7

DMC

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvevv9fjbv3ql9a/Ravana.mp4?dl=0

made by Taronn Penance

2 Likes

I’m going to miss her, she was great fun to RP with as well. I hope her family is doing okay. :frowning:

2 Likes

Rest in Peace, dear sister. o7
You will never be forgotten. The Empire will always remember.

1 Like

o7 :frowning_face:

1 Like

Sad news.

It’s so strange to read this, knowing I met that player’s character in game many times in Devoid and Ammar/Minmatar FW zones.

1 Like

My condolences. o7

1 Like

It is always painful to watch another pilot go. Condolences for family and friends. As the event is over, i will move this over to Out of Pod.

2 Likes

Fly safe o7

2 Likes

I didn’t know Ravana, but I became aware of her through her postings which directed me to her website. She was unique with a great deal of creativity. It is sad that she is no longer with us.

Suicide is never the answer. It is not an acceptable avenue of anger. And one should not remember that there will be good things ahead in your life, and there will be a purpose for you to serve.

Likewise, friends should not feel responsible. You would have been there in any way you could, but you cannot control the actions of other people.

O7 Ravana

Update: SWEG (No Handlebars) have decided that killing the memorial astrahus is a funny thing to do even though they were made aware of it’s freeport memorial status.

Logs from my convo with him:
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:12 ] Baltrom > well
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:27 ] Baltrom > nothing says i love you
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:30 ] Baltrom > like a killmail

[ 2018.07.21 21:01:35 ] Baltrom > we will remember her
[ 2018.07.21 21:01:41 ] Baltrom > with the eternelized km on zkill

Members smugposting in local about how we couldnt form to fight their 20 tempests/10 guardians etc.

Pretty sad tbh.

This is EVE, were being an asshole is free.

1 Like

That’s pretty pathetic. Pathetic to care about a KM enough to be complete arse. Or, pathetic to be such an arse that you make a big, organized effort to be ultra-arsewipes to other people… in a stupid online game.

That was just low. Even for ‘cold and harsh’ EVE standarts.
Im corp thief, spy, awoxer and blah blah blah. Im suppossed to have nothing ‘human-like’ left.

And Im still saying that THAT was LOW. Even for low-sec. Look, even if such immoral ppl like me say that… it means smth, no?

There are things you dont touch. There are lines you dont cross.
Apparently thats exactly what SWEG commited. And I will remember that. When the time comes, they will be notified. This is how I remember.

Yeah, I am an old retired spy and awoxer. And I won’t stop half way. I never do.

Exodus just brought karma to No Handlebars in Alliance tournament, destroyed them. :ok_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.