[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Council meeting for January - YC 121 Arrives

Nannaras X

January 1st YC 121

Before beginning, ZANIE would like to wish everyone–from Zaibatsu colonists to readers out there in New Eden–a Happy New Year.

That said, with YC 121’s arrival and the month of December ending , it’s time once again for the monthly council meeting between the Patriarch and the seven leaders of the CORE modules that make up the Zaibatsu. These meetings are to go over the month’s statistics and make plans for the new month ahead. Given how this month in particular means the start of a whole new year, some rather meaningful issues were discussed in the council meeting already held.

So without further ado, the highlight moments of the meeting.

Z-1SE2

Z-1SE2 is the serial number given by the Caldari State to one of the many landmasses on Nannaras X. Z-1SE2 is some distance off the eastern coast of Namiyo, were Hoiyori resides and now belongs to the Zaibatsu after a deal between the previous owners, the Ishukone Corporation, and the Stelmari Exchange. However, this was not the land the Zaibatsu initially wanted-- for those unaware, a number of months ago House Yaken made an unsolicited bid for X-ZFA12, a landmass off the western coast, tasked the Stelmari Exchange with making the deal happen.

The purchase of Z-1SE2 was no accident or mixup, and was entirely a conscious decision made by Exchange President Stelmari Oksasio after being unable to get Ishukone contacts to yield and sell them the land. We go now to this quote regarding his thinking in this situation.

“I see it has having two options… First Option? Return to the Patriarch with empty hands. Second option? Return him with filled one. As you can see I went with the latter, because ultimately they wanted more land so that’s what I brought back with me: land. Now, it ain’t no X-ZFA12, it’s sure as hell ain’t, but it’s a giant landmass to walk your two legs on that’s for sure… Hell, this land is cheaper and even a little bit bigger, so what’s the huge problem? It’s a little… eh, gnarly, but with a little elbow grease it will be some prime real estate.”

• Stelmari Oksasio

When Stelmari refers to Z-1SE2 as being “gnarly”, he refersto the horrific condition the land is in. Z-1SE2 was a cheap dumping ground for other Ishukone Facilities on Nannaras X and third parties that paid a fee. Dumping here was a more cost effective and quicker alternative to ever launching waste into the nearest sun.

As such, Z-1SE2 is a swampland of broken machinery with vines made of wires and cords, and rivers of human waste and industrial fluids. In its current state, Z-1SE2 is in no way ready for any large scale construction projects. Instead, what’s first going to happen is a large scale clean-up operation to rid Z-1SE2 of any waste and recycle any scrap that can be of use. Responsibility of the clean-up operation is being given to Lucrative Excavations for their more “labor-minded workforce”. Already, there has been a slight uproar in Lucrative Excavations’ workforce in response, with some objecting to Monden Searbier’s supposed “spineless acceptance” of these orders.

One worker was even quoted saying this:

“What are we? The official trashmen of the Zaibatsu? They pulled the same ■■■■ back on Lirsuatton VI having us go around picking up litter and now, the Yakens are sending us to a literal waste dump to clean up for them while they sit back in their comfy ■■■■■■■ houses. For real, this is some ■■■■■■■■.”

• Concerned worker of Lucrative Excavations

Experts estimate it could take an entire year before Z-1SE2 is cleaned up and ready for proper construction to begin. Until then, Lucrative Excavations, along with a security detail supplied by the Myrskytuuli Regiment, will be deployed to the landmass to commence work immediately. The comfort of the workers a serious concern however, with appropriate funding being given to Lucrative Excavations to acquire whatever gear or equipment they need to ensure the job is both sanitary and safe. Lucrative Excavations will also be allowed to utilize drone technology for those tasks which could be considered “inhumane” to ask of any worker. Information on what exactly is on Z-1SE2 is frankly limited, and new disgusting details are still being uncovered.

Professional Wrestling

The second Bejawl that capped off the end of YC 120 for the Zaibatsu ended with rather genuine approval from the population and the Patriarch himself who found the three hour performance to be “tasteful and entertaining at times”. The wrestling performance at the Bejawl on December 22nd showcased a collaborative effort from almost every creative department of the Studio and contained nothing overtly edgy, respectfully portraying both male and female wrestlers in a appropriate light and leaving attendees engaged and entertained. As such, the Patriarch has given the Studio more funding to expand their wrestling programs. That said, Auljam will not be able to establish an official Zaibatsu wrestling brand just yet, but is being given more faith and trust in his ambitions.

“I can’t believe we pulled we pulled it off! I-I-I mean I knew we could do it, but at the same time I’m shocked that we even did it, you know? Whatever, bottom line is that this is incredible; we’re not exactly at our full potential yet, but we ain’t gonna scoff at gaining some ground. These men and women who took part in the Bejawl show are eager and ready to make the best out of this trust given to us by the Patriarch and I can promise him–and the whole Zaibatsu–that this isn’t even the beginning, not even the prologue, but the damn birth of something great.”

• Auljam Karvose

Related to this is wrestler Himiri Besi’s last-minute renewal of his contract with the Collaboration Studio. Himiri hinted in an article about this possibility in a interview, depending on how the Bejawl ended, and given the population’s general approval, it’s safe to say it was good enough for Himiri to continue work for the Studio.

External News

ZANIE recently released an article detailing the ongoing tensions in the Thebeka system, where a massive slave revolt is underway on the surface of Thebeka III. Capsuleers of the Amarr Empire are coming to the aid of Imperial forces trying to quell the rebellion, while Matari Capsuleers come to aid the rebels.

The article featured voices on all sides of the conflict in space, as well as a few neutral parties that are involved with their own motives. Once published, the article was overwhelmingly well received by all of these contributors and by many others who had no prior knowledge of the situation in Thebeka. It is thanks to this positivity that ZANIE is now looking more into the potential of expanding its range of news coverage. Currently, ZANIE’s focus is local stories related to the Zaibatsu, but Thebeka’s case was unique, given how the Zaibatsu were only initially operating in Thebeka as a neutral third party conducting the inspection of two freeport citadels suspected of being used to achieve the goals of the Angel Cartel.

The inspection was unable to find anything, despite their exhaustive search of the facilities. This inspection was also cut short after a Caldari Militia Capsuleer brought in other pilots of said militia, not originally Involved with Thebeka, to besiege the two freeports. A ceasefire was later called by the owners and the structures are being unanchored at this time. Regiment forces that went to inspect the freeports have already been called back and returned to their original duties.

For YC 121, ZANIE will be keeping a closer eye on Capsuleer activity in search of any breaking stories. Local news will remain the primary focus of the News Institute, but we will not shy away from doing a service to the wider cluster and reporting on some of the countless events in space when the chance arises

6 Likes