[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Second Bejawl concludes - Stelmari Exchange reveals purchase of new landmass on Nannaras X

Nannaras X

December 24th YC 120

The second Bejawl has concluded!

Initially planned to be hosted on December 1st, the event was pushed back to the 22nd as per the order of the Patriarch after the Head Director of the Collaboration Studio, Auljam Karvose, neglected his responsibilities and failed to submit any kind of schedule for the 1st. Along with this, was Auljam was placed on mandatory medical care by the Ohrion Conglomerate, since he showed up to the meeting in which the Patriarch made the decision to postpone the event with a self-inflicted cut on his forehead. Viontha Rundon was placed in charge of the Studio until Auljam was released from Ohrion care; her orders were to immediately begin organizing a schedule for the Bejawl. Viontha managed to successfully complete this task,and submitted a scheduled well before the 22nd, but left people more confused than excited.

Half of the night was dedicated to professional wrestling–the very thing that has caused its fair share of controversy after the first Bejawl back in June. Auljam has put it out there that it has been a dream of his to establish his own wrestling brand and has been pushing to have it be an accepted form of entertainment in the Zaibatsu. When questioned about the event’s focus on professional wrestling, Viontha argued that this was to be the Studio’s biggest collaborative effort yet, with musicians creating entrance music, fashionistas creating outfits, writers creating stories and actors performing scenes. The schedule ended up being approved and signed off on by the Patriarch, either because there was too little time to send Viontha back to the drawing board, or because he saw genuine potential in what was planned.

Now that the 22nd has come and the Bejawl is in the past, ZANIE is able to fill everyone in on the night.

We begin with opening gala, with fireworks and excitement as the first wave attendees arrived and took in the creative atmosphere, as artists showed off their new masterpieces in the Hoiyori museum. All council members of the CORE modules were in attendance along with the Patriarch and Auljam, who was cleared by Ohrion Conglomerate and released from his mandatory care just in time to attend the event he created. Auljam’s reception was a warm one, with attendees pleased at his return and showing it by cheering. There was a very noticeable difference in Auljam’s appearance, as now he has a scar over his left eye–the result of a failed “Blading” job, a practice in professional wrestling that has already been preemptively banned by the Patriarch.

A ZANIE reporter at the event approached Auljam, curious of his thoughts on coming back to work on the big day when he will make one last pitch to the people of Hoiyori that professional wrestling is an appropriate form of entertainment to have in the Zaibatsu.

“It’s great to be back! Really, it is–wanna know why? Because I’m not coming back to work on another average day and sitting back behind a desk. Nah, that’s not how it is - I’m back and it’s the second Bejawl, baby. After all these long weeks we finally get to see our biggest project yet in action. I’m proud of everyone involved with this, even if this all doesn’t go how I plan. If tonight fails, it will be no-one’s fault but my own. These men and women you will see tonight are gonna give it their all and I got nothing but love for them. It was an honor getting to know them personally and working with them.”

• Auljam Karvose

The art exhibition concluded in time for the scheduled three-hour professional wrestling show to begin. Remaining attendees filled into the the same auditorium where it all started during the first Bejawl on June 1st. After the outside halls were emptied and everyone was seated and quiet, the show began. A techno beat began playing on the auditorium’s sound system and onto the stage there came an unfamiliar young, fresh-faced Civire male, wearing tights. Microphone in hand, the young performer walked down to the ring, pointing out to and waving at members of the crowd, who were politely cheering for the arrival of this stranger.Stepping into the ring, he took his microphone and introduced himself as Jiho Keszer, before delivering a heartfelt opening speech welcoming everyone and thanking the people he had trained with… Until Lostar Brail interrupted him halfway through.

Before ZANIE ventures any further into this subject, we would like to remind readers that professional wrestling is a scripted and staged performance. Real security was on standby to intervene if anything went “off-script”, and were even given a classified codeword that organizers could use to immediately raise the alarm in the event of legitimate danger or interference.

That said, we go now to the transcript of this moment.

[Jiho]
“Wow! Ladies and gentlemen, it’s great to be here and seeing all of you join us here tonight. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Jiho Keszer and let me say that we got a good show in store for all of you. Backstage we have some incredible talent just waiting to come out and give it their all for you all tonight. I just want to say it was an honor working with each one of them, and-”

[Lostar]
“Oh, give it a rest, greenhorn!”

[Jiho]
“Lostar? Hey, welcome to the party! Everyone! Give this man a round of applause! He deserves it after all the hard work training myself and the other wonderful wrestlers we got here tonight.

[Crowd begins lightly cheering]

[Lostar]
“Hey, hey, hey, cut the racket. I’m not out here to get the appreciation of the peanut gallery. I’m here to ask what you think you’re doing, Jiho.”

[Jiho]
“What do you mean? I’m out here welcoming everyone.”

[Lostar]
“Sucking up to them, more likely; what’s next, you’re gonna give a shout out to the Patriarch himself and thank him for tonight as well?”

[Jiho]
“Well, yes, actually I was just about to ge-”

[Lostar]
“Stop–just stop. Please, before you disappoint me further, Jiho. See, I had high hopes for you; I’d hoped you realized that you don’t gotta cozy up to any of these nobodies in the audience. Instead, day one, fresh out of training you immediately go out and start brown-nosing to earn their favor. In this business, however, I learned that what chumps do. I prepared you to do better than this, but this is what you ultimately do: a shame.”

[Jiho]
“I’m sorry you feel that way, Lostar, but I must say you’re being incredibly disrespectful to our hosts this evening. Look, I respect you as a veteran of this industry who has leaps of experience beyond me and the sensei that taught me everything I know, but in no way are you in any place to come out here and spoil the evening.”

[Lostar]
“The only thing spoiling this evening is your lackluster mic skills.”

[Jiho]
“Then how about we put the talk aside, and you come down to this ring and we entertain these people here tonight!”

[Crowd partly cheers]

[Lostar]
“…You know, that’s a good idea–IF you were somebody that was remotely even the same league as me. Thing you gotta realize, greenhorn, is that you don’t enter the business without a single win under your belt and get a shot at taking on the veteran right away. You wanna fight with the best? You gotta earn it.”

[Jiho]
“Man, Lostar, I didn’t peg you as a coward.”

[Lostar]
“Coward? Because I don’t want to buck the schedule laid out just so I lay your rear end down on the mat? Have you forgotten you still have an official match with Oliry Paaller? Matter of fact, you do! And Jiho, that match? It starts right now.”

This moment is clearly showcasing the “heel vs face” dynamic, discussed by the actor playing Lostar Brail in a previous interview. Here, Lostar posed as the heel, with Jiho a face that the audience can get behind. Oliry Paaler’s character has yet to be fleshed out, aside from being a tank of a man that proceeded to throw Jiho around the ring. Ultimately however, Jiho prevailed and got the win after pinning Oliry to the mat for three seconds. An exhausted Jiho then proceeded to celebrate with the audience, but getting caught up in the moment he lets his guard down–and that’s when Lostar came running out of the audience. Jumping the barrier and sliding into the ring, he got into position behind Jiho to deliver his finishing powerbomb move as soon as the younger wrestler turned around. For the first time since the show started, the crowd reacted in unison to express their displeasure.

The show continued, showcasing more talent. Wrestlers of both genders were equally represented, with matches even featuring both male and females. Attire and presentation was also tasteful, with no wrestler being a caricature of a nation or culture; instead, everyone came off as genuine competitors with their own aspirations. Music-wise, there was more that could have been desired of the selected pieces for each wrestler. The Studio claims that all of it was made in-house, and it shows, with many tracks’ artists lacking experience but having the production quality that the Studio provides to their collaborators.

The matches themselves were also tame and did not feature any extremely wild elements. Fights were mostly kept in the ring, with supposed “heel” characters having the fight spill out ringside. Performers did go the extra mile and try to pull some impressive moves to wow the crowd, but their inexperience showed at points. Overall, the crowd seemed to get more engaged as the night went on, and after the dinner break halfway through the show, many returned to their seats to watch the show up until its finale. This finale featured the talented Amasa Heroy, Resha Durner and Thistya Lummus in a “triple threat” match.

The show was well-received not only by the attendees, but apparently the Patriarch himself, who was reported to be seen getting into watching the tag-team match between brotherly Sebiestor duo and two cruiserweight competitors calling themselves “The Technicians”. ZANIE was unable to approach the Patriarch to get confirmation of his opinion of the event once it finally closed, as he was preoccupied with another pressing matter. Stelmari Oksasio hinted at having a surprise to reveal at the Bejawl, and ZANIE can confirm that Stelmari gave the Patriarch a land deal on Nannaras X. For a while now, the Stelmari Exchange has been attempting to buy landmass adjacent to Namiyo going by the serial number X-ZFA12. This land is owned by the Ishukone Corporation, and remains so–we have verified that Stelmari Exchange could not seal the purchase of X-ZFA12, instead managing to get another cheaper and less essential piece of land known by the serial number Z-1SE2.

Information on both the future of professional wrestling and the new change of plans on expansion will be revealed in future articles. ZANIE will be prepared to report on any new details once they emerge.

2 Likes