Rifter - Tech 1 - PVE

minmatar
alpha
pve

(ISD Stall) #1

A fitting for the Minmatar Rifter. This fit is aimed at new players who are doing low level PVE including the Career Agents, Sisters of Eve Epic Arc and level one missions.

This fitting is meant for Alpha players and can include up to Tech 1 modules.

(ISD Stall) #2

Reserved.

(Tony Dracolort) #3
[Rifter, LVL1 and 2]
Reactive Armor Hardener
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I

Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I
200mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

I tested this fit first in level one missions but didn’t face any trouble at all. So I went on to level two missions and finished a few of them without any problems. Half of the missions I could end without falling into armor. I also tested a buffer shield tanked fit but found that the web helped me more than additional damage mods. I use the Reactive Armor Hardener instead of pirate specific hardeners, because it allows for one damage mod (and skipping refitting for lazyness)

(Yngvar ayShorn) #4

How about just wait until this Ship will get its Balance Pass next Week, so Noobs are not confused about the Slot-Change?

Doesn’t make any sense to post Fits with the old Slot-Layout, cause they’ll never make it in the client.

Just my 2 cents… :thinking:

(Neugeniko) #5

I’ve been playing with future rifter fits on sisi and in pyfa so here goes. This is for lvl 1 missions and most soe epic arc missions.

[Rifter, Community Fitting Pve]

Reactive Armor Hardener
Gyrostabilizer I
Small Armor Repairer I
Explosive Plating I

1MN Afterburner I
Small Cap Battery I
Tracking Computer I, Tracking Speed Script

250mm Light Artillery Cannon I, EMP S

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Explanation of fit.

A starting character can fly this after training three, level one skills. It uses t1 fittings, so there are plenty of drop in upgrade options.

The 250mm artillery gives it a forgiving engagement distance envelop which is good for beginners. The afterburner should be used to get to within 4-14km of a target, then it should be turned off to help conserve capacitor.

A tracking computer helps with gun tracking which can be pretty poor early on, it can remain on.

The explosive plating fills in the resistance hole inherent in tech 1 armour fits. The reactive armour hardener adapts to different damage types increasing resistance to them and can be left on. And a small armour repairer, along with the small auxiliary nano pump rig, provides armour repair and should be used when armour is taking damage.

A gyrostabilizer and small projectile burst aerator provide a boost to gun damage output.

Finally the small cap battery and capacitor control circuit rig provide you with enough capacitor regeneration to endure a long battle.

When you have gotten use to flying with artillery you can swap the tracking speed script in the tracking computer for a optimal range script to increase damage as you approach targets.

Cheers,
Neug

Tech One PVE Frigates -- Discussion and Poll Thread
(ISD Stall) #6

With the ship re-balance live on Tranquillity the Rifter has lost one high slot and gained a low slot module.

(One Two Buklemaschu) #7
[Rifter, PvE ]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Upgraded Energized Explosive Membrane I

200mm Light Prototype Automatic Cannon, Fusion S

This is the new Rifter with its improved slot layout. This fit can be flown cap stable by all new Minmitar pilots. The Armour has had an additional explosive membrane added to strengthen its resistance against the Angel Cartel, and an active repair module that can be run continuously to repair any damage taken. The mid slots include an Afterburner for closing range quickly, a Web to lock down your current target, and a cap battery to ensure that you remain cap stable. The high-slots and rigs are all about maximizing your damage up close and personal with autocannons. Few Angel frigates or destroyers will be able to survive the onslaught of your guns for more than a few seconds.

(Daichi Yamato) #8

[Rifter, Rifter M1]
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer

Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I

250mm Light Gallium Cannon

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I

Titanium Sabot S x1240
Fusion S x1000

DPS:
55 @ 10km (Fusion)
30 @ 20km (Titanium Sabot)
15 @ 30km (Titanium Sabot)

Tank: 25 DPS (Still enough for level 1 missions).

I’ll be honest, the Rifter is not a great PvE frig. Low dps, low range, low capacitor, low lock range and it is sometimes too fast for its own guns. But artillery is still often better than AC’s because it saves you running around from one end of the pocket to another (missions have very scattered rats). This fit is as good as it gets.

The fit can be flown with just a few hours training for the mods, tanks level 1 missions without issue and it costs 1.2 mil isk according to the fitting window.

Using 250mm arties instead of 280’s only reduces damage and range by a fraction but you get a massive boost to tracking (something sorely needed). It also frees up some grid for better capacitor mods. I highly recommend them over 280’s. Stick to using Titanium Sabot or Depleted Uranium ammo, they generally do more dps than longer range ammunitions because of the Rifters fall off bonus and have better tracking. Only use high damage fusion for larger targets or when you’ve got lots of targets up close.

The Rifter’s lock range is very low, forcing you to get so close that by the time you lock your target you’re almost on top of them and your guns will struggle to apply damage OR suddenly losing a lock because you flew too far away from your target. Having a rig for boosting lock range reduces micro-management and gives you so much more freedom to move around without the Rifter’s speed becoming a double edged sword.

(Tony Dracolort) #9

Adjusted the fit to the changed slot layout. Got rid of the missile launcher and added another gyrostabilizer.
What I wrote earlier for the old fit still applies for this one.

[Rifter, *LVL1 and 2]
Reactive Armor Hardener

(ISD Stall) #10

(ISD Stall) #11

I have closed this thread, so I can start reviewing fits.